TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

US|dirtysouth wrote:

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Simple, don't hold a contest, but hand them out to those who contributed the most to this marvellous site and forum. e.g. the UBAR people, moderators, and you. They all contributed a wealth to this community and have more than rightly so, earned a little physical 'thank you'...
i think this is the best one, most of them posts are selfish gamers..i personally dont want it so...
but why not ur mods. or clan? they have earned it id say, but then again if u want to spread the wealth then i see ur dilemma

chuyskywalker wrote:

I bought the mods and admins a copy already The give away contest is for the users.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
huh???wat u talkin bought...
that was sum quick delete action huh?
jus read the 4 other pages..err im so burnt

Last edited by US|dirtysouth (2005-11-14 15:15:03)

Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
Holy FREUCKING HELL YOU SONSABEETCHES STOP CLUTTERIN THIS THREAD WITH STUPID SUGGESTIONS THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU A CHOSEN CONTESTANT!!! SOOOO POINTLESS!!! (so, to learn how to not be a self-centered, greedy, arrogant, annoying basta'd, refer to the lower section of the third page in this thread in order to learn how to make a proper post [as demoed by myself] - this is simply a rant in reply to the incessant onslaught of bullshet everyone feels they need to post, and not a full blown "thread reply", FYI)
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

Kniero wrote:

Holy FREUCKING HELL YOU SONSABEETCHES STOP CLUTTERIN THIS THREAD WITH STUPID SUGGESTIONS THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU A CHOSEN CONTESTANT!!! SOOOO POINTLESS!!! (so, to learn how to not be a self-centered, greedy, arrogant, annoying basta'd, refer to the lower section of the third page in this thread in order to learn how to make a proper post [as demoed by myself] - this is simply a rant in reply to the incessant onslaught of bullshet everyone feels they need to post, and not a full blown "thread reply", FYI)
I suggest you edit that post before I do.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
or jus delete it like i did earlier...bahahah sneaky sneaky!
Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
well, since i dont know what parts of it you dont like, can you just censor the parts of it that are deemed as "inappropriate"?
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6839

Icleos wrote:

SodaBob wrote:

DogGunn wrote:

What about selecting 10 people from random.
(Only from the people who have donated of course)
You already have their email address, this also means people will donate money to get a chance at winning?
I believe there are laws against "purchase necessary" contests.  In other words, if he opens the contest only to members, he may be violating some stupid law (I personally think that you should be able to restrict the contest only to those who have donated - and that's coming from someone who has not done so).  Not sure about this, though, as I'm no lawyer, but there's a reason why you always see "no purchase necessary" on all contests.

That said, I think a simple lottery with no contest would be easiest, on you and everyone else.  It would also give anyone here a chance to win, whether or not they had artistic/technical skills, game skills, time to participate in a tournament, etc.

Bob.
Mainly if you set the contest towards a comic or picture concept then you unbalance the community in chance.
Someone as a standup comic or artist will have a better chance at winning than someone who has had no experience in either of those.

I'm going to agree with Bob.
It may not be as much fun as the other ideas but everyone would have an equal chance at winning.
Pulling a name out of a hat seems like the best way.

I'm not doing this because I'm not a donator.  I just don't want BF2S to get sued or something.
Technically I believe it's illegal to have donators only be eligible to win.

EDIT: Might want to take a look at these:
http://www.loeb.com/CM/Alerts/alerts121.asp
http://www.loeb.com/CM/Alerts/Alerts181.asp

It's about the "no purchase necessary" Law.
LOL, it was a joke.
I wasn't being serious.
MattCicioni
+1|6821|Arizona
I think the screenshot thing is best.

Why not take the best screenshots from several categories.

1 - Most on Screen active vehicles.. (ie, largest group action shot, most number of tanks, jets, jeeps, etc. in one shot)

2 - Funniest screen shot/ caption combo.

3 - Most halarious death shot

4 - Best Screen shot from the air

5 - Best Shot where you are "about to die"

6 - Best screen shot of in Game FLAME war (this would be funny, two tkers fighting in words during a game)

7 - Best screen shot of a "kicked for ____ " screen shot.  See if anyone can get kicked for something strange.

ie - you were kicked becuase you have too much hair on you butt... or something....

Perhaps have a runner up for each category?  These are just my thought.

-Matt
Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
The supposed screenshot contest submissions would be thoroughly pointless and useless to the community. Read my post in the lower section of page three to better understand why the alternative is more suitable.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Maybe the people with the most teamwork score on this post?? (Definately NOT me!! )
Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
Why would that be an enticing option for a fair contest (centered around a website that functions as a base of assitance)?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Well... for one thing how would he contact any of the poeple that are not connected to BF2S?
Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
He doesn't need to. The point is that this contest is based on one's attendance to the forums. This is easily understandable considering one would only know of the existance of this upcoming "competition" were they to pay attention to the community within this website.
Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

I don't think you should go with the comstume idea, because to make a good costume it costs as much as just buying the expansion. Since you have 10 copies I think you should set up different contests. I do think you should make it some sort of screenshot contest. Like "Funniest, 4 copies", "Coolest, 4 copies", "Creative/Miscellanious, 2 copies". And people say it's unfair because not everyone has Photoshop, you could just host the installation file itself on the site, right? Like the trial version?
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6833|Missoula, MT
Hey homeschtar...remember this? 

https://img499.imageshack.us/img499/7161/dragginghomeschtar7am.th.jpg
luapdeux
+0|6731
Hey,

So what is this contest gonna be? I think it is sweet that you are doing this for the users. Count me in for whatever the contest shall be.
mycatsdied
+1|6784
Go to the name Game thread and give it to the players who have the best story of how they came up with their name.

deadcats

Last edited by mycatsdied (2005-11-14 18:10:41)

SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6813|Delaware

mycatsdied wrote:

Go to the name Game thread and give it to the players who have the best story of how they came up with their name.

deadcats
I got my AIM screename one day when some loser kept M203ing me and I smacked the keyboard. It looked halfway decent for something I did while enraged. "vcubez" It actually sort of spells something.
Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Hey homeschtar...remember this? 

http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/7161 … 7am.th.jpg
Yeah that was fun CMDR. We should do it again sometime. Oh, and I forgot to thank Chuy for being so genorous as to give a chance to win these prizes.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6738|AZ
Man...not to be the madly enraged citizen trying to make some sort of arrest...but isn't this thread about identifying potential candidates for this upcoming contest that is going to be held for this here BF2S community? I mean, isn't it kind of ironic that chuy is trying to offer even more assistance to the visitors of this website and then (to no surprise) some of them simply turn around and totally ignore the fact that this thread was made in order to find a fit challenge for the distribution of essentially free prizes?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

Kniero wrote:

Man...not to be the madly enraged citizen trying to make some sort of arrest...but isn't this thread about identifying potential candidates for this upcoming contest that is going to be held for this here BF2S community? I mean, isn't it kind of ironic that chuy is trying to offer even more assistance to the visitors of this website and then (to no surprise) some of them simply turn around and totally ignore the fact that this thread was made in order to find a fit challenge for the distribution of essentially free prizes?
What the HELL are you talking about? Sit down and shut up before you get pistol whipped.
BeefnCheez
+0|6737
Not to be mean, but i think chuy needs to yea or nea some of these ideas cuz we are going in circles.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra

Kniero wrote:

i think its ironic how the person who has made the most and the least helpfull posts tells everyone else to stop clutering the thread!!!

anywho, i think the screen shot treasure hunt would be fun to do, you need screen shots of you doing specific things.

but i think there needs to be some peliminary ideas made quick to stop this getting out of hand!!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

I'll pick something tomorrow after a little more thought.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6785
You're serious? You and the mods have copies of BF2:SF already? Do you get to play it with DICE and EA employees along with other people who were sent it?

That is freakin' awesome, you must be very satisfied that you started this site then...I wish I was a mod right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard