XBoughtonX
+2|6793|North Texas
is it just me, or are these files not available anymore???
Kontrolfreq
+50|6575|Cambridge UK

nelson496 wrote:

If it is on a newer gen engine then i would consider it
Why should that make a difference?
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6660|England, GBR

TrollmeaT wrote:

I will not support this game & will stick with bf2 until bf3 comes out. I like some of the options on it but they will have to do better than that to get me into another game. I stick by my opinion that this is nothing more than a mediocre rehash of bf2... i.e. the retarded baby of halo & mechwarrior.
HALLELUJAH  - +1 to that man.
KurtisMayfield
+1|6625
It looks like Planetside to me... just without the monthly fee:

#1. Lots of unlocks = BR in Planetside
#2. Futuristic stuff.. yup Planetside
#3. nigh-invunerable walkers.. yup Planetide again.

Just put Battlefield:Planetside on the box and get it over with.
xbrandomx
+9|6620
Looks like fun.  I'll play it.
micko_2
+0|6660

SolidusSnake12 wrote:

Id take halo over this bf2142 anyday =0 i mean common invis snipers psshh can you say mass
um.. you cant go intialy invisable for 1 and for 2 you cant attack with it activated...
xbrandomx
+9|6620

nelson496 wrote:

If it is on a newer gen engine then i would consider it
if its on a newer engine I wouldn't consider it... I want my friggen video card to last longer then 6 months.
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan
I NEED JETS! I NEED HELICOPTERS!

:[

fix the handling please.
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6598|Germany
IMO it's nothing more like a good BF2 mod, so I will not buy it! Same as they did with BF Vietnam. I don't think it's a brand new engine, probably just a polished BF2 engine (that's how it looks to me).
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6745|Hamburg, Germany
I'll get the demo... but then again i want my life back... so who knows?
Cohammer
+61|6508
omfg ea stop being greed bastards, improve what you have make existing games better
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6508|scotland
i can't wait it looks really cool can't wait to play with the mechs/walkers
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

it will support physics cards. it will be completely different
MorbidFetus
+76|6521|Ohio
Don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=karkand
jax
+12|6738

E7IX3R wrote:

Also, they've only shown one map, they say this is set in an artic world blah blah so basically all the maps are going to be covered in snow!?

Variety plz/
umm all landscapes in bf2 are grass/concrete(roads) no variety.

2142 will probably be snow/concrete(road) at least its different to bf2
Sheep of War
+40|6613
I would like to see a map in the middle of a blizzard.

Definatly looking forward to a new game...hopefully its more refined than BF2.
ARCUK73
+9|6527|UK
Quit it with the halo talk!!! come on people!!! what are you thinking??? Halo!!! dont make me laugh!! its not even fit for the budget bin!!!
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6683|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

MorbidFetus wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … ;q=karkand
awsome vid
Lionbeat
+9|6616|LONDON

genius_man16 wrote:

if Chuy is supporting it then i'm gonna buy it, i don't give a damn what anyone else says
HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, yeh, I hoping the mod community come through with some decent versions. It's not right that EA, with all the money they made from BF2 - and are STILL making with all the add ons - has the guile to put out a re-packaged BF2, rather than a brand new one. Especially when they're not being helpful to the mod community. I'm not that arsed about this game. One of the things I like most about BF2 is the outside environment of the game - inside stuff just reminds me of Doom, Quake etc - running around a map, getting lost and not ebing able to figure out where the fkin key is for that door, ra ra ra ra. I just want to get stuck in, with a squad and have some fun. I also enjoy the contemporary setting of BF2, so really not bothered about 2142 at all.

Last edited by Lionbeat (2006-06-30 06:49:20)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6532|Southampton, UK

Already planned to buy.. the day it comes out.
Looks awesome and nice review guys.
Natte
+12|6495|Sweden
I shall buy it, It´s look awesome according to all things I have watched and read. And some people are saying that
bf 2142 is just like a bf2 mod, well aren´t all Bf games quite similar? I have made a comparison between
the games that showes that Bf2 and Bf2142 aren´t so similar after all

BF1942:                           BFV:                                    BF2:                                   BF2142:

Tanks:    Got tanks                        Got tanks                            Got tanks                         Got, but the PAC 
                                                                                                                                    tank is hovering

Transport Don´t got                       Got transport heli                Got transport heli              Got 1 that morphs
chopper:   any                                                                                                               between armored
                                                                                                                                    and unarmored.
                                                                                                                                    2 crew=armored
                                                                                                                                    3+crew=unarmored

Attack       Don´t got any               Got attackhelis                     Got attackhelis                 Got a Jet/heli
choppers:                                                                                                                            hybrid

Jet/Planes: Got planes                   Got jets                              Got jets                             Got a Jet/heli
                                                                                                                                            hybrid

Transport Got transports                Got transports                     Got transports                    Got transports
(Cars, jeeps):

APC:      Got APCs                       Got APCs                             Got APCs                           Got APCs

Artillery: Got movable                Got movable                        Commander got access       Commander got
              artillery                       artillery                               to artillery                          access to artillery/
                                                                                                                                   orbital bombardment
Battle
Walkers: Don´t got any               Don´t got any                       Don´t got any                  Got Battle walkers

Titans:    Don´t got any               Don´t got any                       Don´t got any                  Got in Titan mode

Kits:       4                                  4                                          7                                     4

Awards/  No                               No                                         Yes                                 Yes, more then bf2
grades:

Armies: U.S,G, GB                      U.S,SV,VC                             U.S,MEC,PLA                    EU and PAC
            J,R Expansion armies                                                  Expansion armys              Probably exp armies

Special  Nothing                          Nothing                                 Squad system,                Improved SS,
features:                                                                                  Commander,                  Commander,Titan
                                                                                             Unlocks, ranks,                Unlocks, customize
                                                                                             awards. (This was           your soldier more,
                                                                                             the only things               unlocks,ranks,awards
                                                                                             that crossed my              (This was the only things
                                                                                             my mind)                       that crossed my mind)

All of this may not be correct, but if you compare the games you will see that BF 2142 is the game that is the most different compared to all the other BF games

Ok. 3...2...1... Flame war begin!!!
BudyFX
+7|6518|Lost
Its more halo .. and soon comes halo 3 out its the same thing
BudyFX
+7|6518|Lost
i think so but we see

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard