atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6741|Atlanta, GA USA

BladeRunner wrote:

picasso wrote:

But Rasor, you're not helping your team that way!"
How can preventing the enemy's use of air assets not be 'helping the team'?

I'm no expert in warfare, but as the last 2 Gulf wars (and our own Falklands conflict) clearly show...a Commander in Chief would chew his own nuts off to guarantee his side air-superiority. It has to be one of the major deciding factors in any modern war.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm talkin out of me pipe

I would have to agree.  Keeping the enemy's jets and helicopters from being able to take off helps your team immensely.  If they aren't in the air, they can't bomb your armor or shred your infantry with their miniguns.  Think of how much difference jets make on Oman; they really reduce the effectiveness of armor.  If the enemy's jets aren't able to take off, it allows your armor to maintain ground superiority.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Hmm. My 2 cents worth on this:

Yes i really like a good dogfight, I don't get into a plane unless we're gettnig air-raped.

It IS a tactic, blowing up the enemy plane over and over again, yet it can be easily countered by smart teamwork and good teamplay. The F-15 was doing exactly that to the MEC plane in cleansweep. I got my mates to repair, I'll sit in pilot seat all the way. When the 15 came for another strafing run, I unloaded all my missiles his way, was kept alive by the engineer behind me, took off and handed his ass to him on a silver platter.

Or better yet park a jeep nearby and gun the idiot as he's coming in.

Whatever works. All's fair in love and war. Do you wait for an enemy to turn around before you shoot him? Wait for them to spawn at the flag so you can have a fair fight for the cap? I don't think so.

Whatever works. If you can't beat them, learn, or join them.
p0wn
+1|6734
Butt Rasor, yt nto halpening yr taem taht wya!!!!111
CreepingDeath
+1|6714
Its totaly STAT PADDING is all your doing it for ..
Which I was kicked from BK clan for telling the leader of he was donig just that .But what was really sad was when he was donig it against 16 vs 8 .. SO PATHETIC
   I have honor, I have respect, and I know for sure I have SKILLS not  needing to do crap like this to get points.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6815|Germany / Saxony
I am a su 30 basebomber and I´m loving it. and my team does too...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
BladeRunner
+5|6719|UK

atlvolunteer wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

picasso wrote:

I'm no expert in warfare, but as the last 2 Gulf wars (and our own Falklands conflict) clearly show...a Commander in Chief would chew his own nuts off to guarantee his side air-superiority. It has to be one of the major deciding factors in any modern war.

I would have to agree.  Keeping the enemy's jets and helicopters from being able to take off helps your team immensely.  If they aren't in the air, they can't bomb your armor or shred your infantry with their miniguns.  Think of how much difference jets make on Oman; they really reduce the effectiveness of armor.  If the enemy's jets aren't able to take off, it allows your armor to maintain ground superiority.
....and I'd agree with this.

I mean, if every kill against me had jet / heli kills hadn't heappened, because a pilot on my side dominated the air...I'd have been killed a LOT less.

I think PolarBearz shows the correct spirit.

How I see it, I wouldn't be asking the pilot what the hell he thinks he's doing bombing the air assets, I'd be more inclined to ask those opposed to it 'What the hell are YOU doing allowing  a jet to get such a dominance over you. It's 1 guy in 1 plane. Gang up on him. Kill him FFS'

Tears (according to the latest ordinance experiments) do not stop bombs. Get on the AA, get in a jeep, jeeez, throw you hat at him if you have to. Just do SOMETHING.
thinner44
+1|6780
BladeRunner says "throw you hat at him if you have to. Just do SOMETHING." . Many a hat has been thrown at an attacking aircraft..... I've seen it happen, a downed plane due to a 'hat strike'

To those that can't stand being bombed all the time... Get up and organise quit complaining.
BladeRunner
+5|6719|UK

thinner44 wrote:

BladeRunner says "throw you hat at him if you have to. Just do SOMETHING." . Many a hat has been thrown at an attacking aircraft..... I've seen it happen, a downed plane due to a 'hat strike'

To those that can't stand being bombed all the time... Get up and organise quit complaining.
Word

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

fikraag7 wrote:

I don't care if you do this, but doesn't base-raping and spawn-camping get boring? I tank whore sometimes, and it just isn't any fun. Yeah you get mad points, but it gets really boring after a while.
TRUTH
BladeRunner
+5|6719|UK

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

fikraag7 wrote:

I don't care if you do this, but doesn't base-raping and spawn-camping get boring? I tank whore sometimes, and it just isn't any fun. Yeah you get mad points, but it gets really boring after a while.
TRUTH
Not for the pilot, nor his team
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

BladeRunner wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

fikraag7 wrote:

TRUTH
At least its better to bomb the enemy base then your own teammates
unforgiven5150
+0|6749|Phoenix, AZ
I agree with what others have said. You could be helping your team better by clearing out other bases that may have tanks around them, or better yet, nuke a tank before it gets to your base.

IMHO, you are just going for the easy kills. No challenge or skill in that.
BladeRunner
+5|6719|UK

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

TRUTH
At least its better to bomb the enemy base then your own teammates
Thanks Once again I've had coffee gushing out of my nose because of you

Nice
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6748
Its simple; of course its a strategy and tactic well used.  But the problem is...it pisses people off and makes them leave.

A lot of people have the mentality of "screw them, they don't like it they can leave". Eventually you'll have a lot less servers and enemy to fight, remember this!

My fun stops when the enemy gives up.  When does yours stop? 
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6744|NRW,Germany

Eckzack wrote:

You´re a Saxon, nobody loves you ^^

Back to topic:
Ok, maybe I´ve misread the piloting skillz part so it´s ok to keep eventual threads on ground although bombing Tanks and stuff should be top priority as the ground pounders will appreciate it.
BladeRunner
+5|6719|UK

schuff wrote:

Its simple; of course its a strategy and tactic well used.  But the problem is...it pisses people off and makes them leave.

A lot of people have the mentality of "screw them, they don't like it they can leave". Eventually you'll have a lot less servers and enemy to fight, remember this!

My fun stops when the enemy gives up.  When does yours stop? 
Hmmm...gonna chew on these wise words fo a bit
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

Tigg@lot wrote:

Eckzack wrote:

You´re a Saxon, nobody loves you ^^

Back to topic:
Ok, maybe I´ve misread the piloting skillz part so it´s ok to keep eventual threads on ground although bombing Tanks and stuff should be top priority as the ground pounders will appreciate it.
ROFL. The picture on the ground: almost dead enemy tank, 3 teammates around are trying to finish him off, 1 more hit from AT, but no..... Here comes pilot aka super helper ( sry about that) make his "cargo drop"... result: EVERYBODY DEAD ( tank + 3 teamkills). No comments... Just ROFL But we will appreciate it anyway and DONT PUNISH.
P.S. PLEASE DONT PUNISH YOUR PILOTS! SURE ITS EASY FOR YOU TO SEE THEM, BUT ITS NOT EASY FOR THEM TO SEE YOU
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6711|Vermont

thinner44 wrote:

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

First of all, just as a general comment that applies to everyone in here, not just this thread: this game is not war.  It is a game.  The comparisons to a real war need to stop.
And you expelled how much energy to tell us the so blindingly obvious. Man, you need to stop and think first
I understand that it is blindingly obvious; yet still, people always compare Battlefield 2 to what someone would do in a real war.  How many times have you read some variation of the phrase "in real life/war blah blah blah" or "real soldiers blah blah blah"?

Here is an example from the post immediately following your useless flame.

BladeRunner wrote:

picasso wrote:

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2005-11-14 12:07:09)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
If I hear "in real life" one more time...so help me!  Bang Zoom! 
RasorX
+17|6713|Indianapolis

unforgiven5150 wrote:

I agree with what others have said. You could be helping your team better by clearing out other bases that may have tanks around them, or better yet, nuke a tank before it gets to your base.
Have you ever tried clearing out a hotly contested base with armor and friendlies in it?

It goes something like this...

RasorX(F-18)xxxxxxx(tank, apc etc...)
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx

Punish
Punish
Punish
Kick/Ban

Taking out armor that is at a flag post is usually not a good idea in a jet.
dalfiuss
+1|6801
Same exact type of thing me and my gunner do in the chopper on Sharqi.  If we are USMC we will always canvas the main area, taking out the MEC tank and APC while every 20 seconds or so I will give my gunner a hellfire shot down to the helo pad at beach house.  We have gone several rounds where he has hit every shot and not allowed the Havok to take off after we dropped it the first time.

If we are MEC we will get in the Havok and after dropping the Cobra for the first time we will camp up at TV station and make sure they are unable to get back off of the ground.

In both cases we normally get yelled at and banned.  The tactics could be considered 'cheap' but they are the most logical and efficient way of dealing with the single most valuable asset on that map, the helicopters.  I fail to see how we are doing anything worth banning for, as when we are the USMC we aren't camping their uncappable base, we are simply dropping an asset from 500m away.  And when we are MEC we are simply keeping a point clean until our ground troops can get to it to cap it.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

RasorX wrote:

unforgiven5150 wrote:

Have you ever tried clearing out a hotly contested base with armor and friendlies in it?

RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx

Punish
Punish
Punish
Kick/Ban

Yup..Anyway I prefer to be killed by friend than by tankwhore who just stand near dont capture flag just spawn rape. I prefere die but let our pilot kill him (sure without piunish) But I dont fly. I'm not afraid to say that YES I CANT FLY!!! (with mouse heh, not good) . I agree its not rly good idea to clean up the flag point. But it looks like not every1 understand that. I got banned once cuz I was the 2nd pilot and licked laser guided missle hit friendly boad. Result: 3 tk + 2 punish + ban. I dont fly after that Ok completely offtop sry

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2005-11-14 13:11:26)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
Seems like the Thing to do.. just not me okay.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6715|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
My opininion on this matter is that there are other ways to get off the carrier. And it is PERFECTLY alright to do it if they have a base on the island. My team kept pising me off yesterday.I kept capping flags, and they would all sit on the carrier or in the blackhawk. TEH N00BS!!!!!!!!!!11!1!!!1111!!oneone
unforgiven5150
+0|6749|Phoenix, AZ

RasorX wrote:

RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx
RasorX(Teamkills)xxxxx

Punish
Punish
Punish
Kick/Ban

I don't recall stating a "hotly contested base". My point was a highly FORTIFIED base. Fortified by enemy just trying to hold it. If you are going to try to shoot holes in my theory/comments, make sure you have read them correctly, and not read into them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard