whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
Hi guys i need some help, punkbuster is preventing me from joing any servers, none!!!!!
I cant even go on the bf2s EU server, and i love SF

Some one help me as i get this error message.
                       You have been disconnected by punkbuster the reason below in english

***Punkbuster Error Message***
has been perminantly banned from this game server via punkbuster.......Global Punkbuster Hardware Ban
f8f1f92f

So what the hell does all that mean, i dont get much time off to play bf2, and this happens arrrrrrggrggggg
I dont have anything incriminating on my pc or anything bad, ...... nothing!!!
I cant even spell let alon hack or something, software is way beyond me, someone help

Ps this message now appears every time i try and load a server, even one i've never been on, i havnt altered anything and it was working fine yesterday evening.

arrggghhhhhhhh f**king EA

HELP (SOS)
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6747
nothing we can do for u here. Check out
http://www.pbbans.com/
or
http://www.punksbusted.com
dan500
+57|6857
You got banned for hacking it seems.

Not EA, PB.

Open a support ticket.
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6682
Looks like PB thinks you're a hack. If you're lucky reinstalling will fix it. Otherwise you might have to plea with evenbalance.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6629

whilsky wrote:

has been perminantly banned from this game server via punkbuster.......Global Punkbuster Hardware Ban
f8f1f92f

Guid bans mean they got your cd key fried but hw means you were running a D3D hack loll and they got your hard drive stamped so only way to get around it is to buy a new pc and game
dan500
+57|6857
GUID is not Hardwere ban, its CD-Key, My_Pet_squirrel.

Try going Here and see what you can do.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6629

dan500 wrote:

re- read my post i said But I know my bans
dan500
+57|6857

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

dan500 wrote:

re- read my post i said But I know my bans
Opps, my bad, sry, its been a long day
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
guys thanks for the replies, plz keep replying if you get anything else to share.
Have contacted evenbalance and pb, evenbalance are looking into it which was pritty quick, and have had some replies, they havnt got any guids on me and are puzzled, "looks like something new"(check for yourself)
To the syncs "i am a geniune non-hacker, never even attempted, so it looks like i'm back to CSS.
The annoying thing is im slightly addicted to the game i enjoy an hour or two in the evening as recreation, check my stats, there completely normal i dont even think i have a k/d of 1.
But this problem is very annoying, and my pc i use for work, so formatting is a major issue.
I'm just another guy who got screwed
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6592|MANCHESTERRR
Ouuccccccchhhh
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6747
seems like this wouldnt help it but u could try to update punkbuster, I dont think it would do much for u though.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/howto/updatepunkbuster
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
cheers guys i'm reading all your posts, keep'em coming.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

whilsky wrote:

f8f1f92f

Guid bans mean they got your cd key fried but hw means you were running a D3D hack loll and they got your hard drive stamped so only way to get around it is to buy a new pc and game
thats the worst ban you can get hardware ban you need a new PC not a new game(CD KEY) to play the game lol. Were you hacking a lot?

Last edited by blademaster (2006-06-29 16:35:57)

Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6529|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
Well theres a first for me, punkbuster fucking up?
DrM
+33|6631
If you're innocent then thats very harsh man..

Make sure to post back, or create a new thread to let us know how you got on.

DrM
graag
+7|6685
"Global hardware ban" means you're banned from ALL punkbuster protected games, not only BF2. You're identified by your hardware (disk, network card...) and not by a CD-key/GUID. You can only get this kind of ban if you use a cheat that tries to interfere with PB operation. Or by mistake. Or by buying a hardware banned computer...

The only sensible thing you can do is to open a support ticket at http://www.evenbalance.com
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
Hay guys just an update, The support ticket i entered with even balance is still active although after saying, they dont know what the code is and they havnt got a guids on me, have stopped talking, but they are based in texas and are probably asleep. (always on my time). I have logged a complaint with EA as i'm really not happy. I checked and double checked my computer for anything suspicious but nothing, i can only assume that it may be possible for something like ADware or my antivirus system doing something, but that would have happened ages ago, and those programs i told not to bother with my games, so i dont know whats caused this and its driving me nuts. As all i can think about is playing the god dam game, i played CSS for the first time in moths and then CoD2 and there nothing to BF2.
    To all those who are interested subscribe to the thread and i will keep it updated day by day, to all thoses that are posting saying things like i bought a banned comp or i hack plz post somewhere else as i'm really not in the mood, cheats are retards.
    For althose offereing advive thanks i really mean that, cheers lads
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
Been doing my home work and there are people who have had and are having the same problems as me.
The bad thing is it looks like EB,EA,PB dont give a toss, as the ban is lifted for a week or two and then you get re-banned again, these guys are getting screwed like me.

here the link, (if it doesnt work just manually enter it into your address bar)
http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/foru...ead.php?t=5544

On the outside it looks like there is a major flaw in Punkbuster
dan500
+57|6857
EA has no controll over PB bans, GUID & Hardwere, they wont be able to help you. PB are the only guys who can help you.

Have you ever ran any 3rd party programs, that may reduce fog in games or anything like that ?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6659|Washington DC

Hey Whilsky,

One common reason why this has happened to innocent people, rather than cheaters, is that they purchased a used copy of BF2 (or some other game) that was used by a cheater.  There's a lot of corrupted copies of BF2 being auctioned on eBay.

Just curious if this is your case ...
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
Hay guys my copy of bf2 was bought bran new in feb this year as was bf2 sf, they were purchased from a good retailer in the UK called GAME, i bought it in store. Also i have double checked software on my comp and i have nothing in which could cause a problem, ie fog reducing or any other, all the software i have is all purchased legal ie OS (XP Pro) NOD32 Anti Virus, HL2, CoD2 etc all my other software is all office 2003, it a basic system with basic software and has worked fine for months,

cheers any way guys ??? more updates to come
dan500
+57|6857
Have you ever used any sort of cheat/trainer on a offline game ?

Did you update PB in the last few days ?
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6577|Bristol UK
No is the anser to dan500 question, never. Right heres the jist of things, EvenBalance (yeah the only thing they balance is there bank account) dont have a clue what PB is doing on my machine, They are useless. When i got home from work, i ripped into my machine like anything, i ran cleanup engine after cleanup engine, such as spybot Adware and My anti virus software, now the good thing is the game has started yo WORK (yippie i just finished playing for an hour on EU BF" Server (GREAT), so this leads me to think that PB was stopped by some sought of correupt
Adware or something, or possibly a virus which my antivirius might have been dealing with, dont know, but what i do know is PUNKBUSTER HAS A MAJOR ERROR/FLAW in it and is capable of giving you a really really bad day. EB reakon PB is brillant and so advanced its impossible, and will only catch cheaters, WELL HERES SOME NEWS ITS CRAP just like bf2 (i love the game just hate the way they made it) So with the dodgy build of the game, patches now this. I'm not going to count my chickens just yet as i bet i get further problems with PB in the future.
   To every one reading this be careful PB is really Clitched

A Big thank you to every one that has helped especially DAN500 (cheers buddy)

rgds Whilsky
dan500
+57|6857
There is still a chance you can get the hardwere ban removed.

Did you find anysort of Virus/Adwere ? Has anyone ever used your computer with you not being there ?

Have you got any sort of beta drivers on your computer, uninstalled a program that may have edited something PB need to work ?

Thats all I can think of right now.

In my view, hardwere bans should only be given out if theres a PB log of somesort, showing its not working.. You can still play on servers with out PB enabled.

Last edited by dan500 (2006-06-30 13:44:37)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6641|Derby, England

Problem - How to Update PunkBuster
Cause - n/a
Fix - Use the program, pbsetup, found at this website http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Problem - Reduce the Number of Punkbuster Checks
Cause - n/a
Fix - Punkbuster, as you probably know, is the anti cheating software which comes bundled with BF2 and is required to play on all ranked servers and most public servers. Punkbuster scans your hard-drive for problems every 20 seconds. As you may have guessed, this causes a lot of lag. What we are going to do in this fix is to increase the amount of time in between punkbuster checks to 500 seconds (the maximum amount so don't try anything higher). By the way, in case you were worried, this is 100% safe with punkbuster, and will NOT cause any problems with Punkbuster thinking you are a cheater. Punkbuster even recommends this fix on their website.

To do this you need to:

1. Ok, the first step is very simple, join any BF2 online server which is running punkbuster, preferably a ranked one.
2. Once you are in, and respawned somewhere, press the ` key. This key is located on most keyboards above the tab key and to the left of the 1 key
3. Once you have pressed this, a large white box should drop down with a load of text in it. Type pb_sleep500 and hit the enter key
4. Once you have done this, make sure the box is still up and type pb_writecfg to save your settings

Problem - Inaduquate O/S Admin Privileges Error
Cause - Limited Windows Account
Fix - You need to play Battlefield 2 on a Windows Account that has administrator privileges.

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard