horny_trojan
+39|6718|Los FUCKING Angeles
recently, ive noticed that the pump shottie has emerged as a significant weapon among skilled players in karkand and other infantry based maps because i've been one of those using it.  i think it is cool because it comes about as these players are using it as a primary weapon and not as merely a way to lay mines.  I believe that pump shotties would only increase in popularity if there were more infantry oriented maps, such as karkand.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

tbh the only reason its back is because people are whoring armor alot more and their tank got blown to shit or something

my opinion tho
horny_trojan
i dont think so. ive used the shottie and i think it can be an effective weapon in situations like the hotel at karkand.  if you blast a support guy, he settles down into a prone and waits to shoot you up. you just pop around the corner and pump another blast into him and hes gone
dogpile1487
+4|6520
i must agree i love the m11-87.  it is only of the best guns in the game if used properly.  one shot one kill at close range.  plus one for the post.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6531|the Netherlands
Shotgun Rules!:d A Hooah !
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6549|Winterpeg, Canada
Shotguns are very useful when working with a squad. Send the shotty in first, followed by support and medic, revive him if he dies while support cleans up whats left.
horny_trojan
you just turn around the corner and BLAM, shottie to the face!
game over
horny_trojan
oh btw, the pump shotgun is easily the oldest weapon of all bf2 weapons, just a thought
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
any shotgun > karkand alley way
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6654
ive been using it for ages
J=MAN
+25|6665|OZ
I reckon the best thing about the shottie is the noise...

BOOM! chick-chick

Ahhh yeah!

+1
uber73
+188|6759|Brisbane
its not a re-emergence... the shottie is thebest weapon in the game.
no other weapon is one shot, one kill. not even sniper unless its a headshot.  all u need to do to use shottie properly is to know how to move fast, have balls, and go looking for a fight.  but as eng has practically no armour, the noobs are soon "discouraged" from using shottie.

but i love it.
horny_trojan
well, those in the know have been using it, its just that a LOT of usmc players have been using it to take the hotel, aftet the hotel is taken, its back to the g36e.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

horny_trojan wrote:

recently, ive noticed that the pump shottie has emerged as a significant weapon among skilled players in karkand and other infantry based maps because i've been one of those using it.  i think it is cool because it comes about as these players are using it as a primary weapon and not as merely a way to lay mines.  I believe that pump shotties would only increase in popularity if there were more infantry oriented maps, such as karkand.
Ah the sent of 12" in the morning!

I use the shotgun alot lately, infact engineer has become my #1 class played.
On maps like SF:Warlord, SF:The Iron Gator etc the shotgun is a force to be reckond with, seeing as the cramp conditions those maps have.

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-06-30 02:17:46)

RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6731|Perth, Western Australia

horny_trojan wrote:

oh btw, the pump shotgun is easily the oldest weapon of all bf2 weapons, just a thought
What about the trusty knife eh? I'd suggest knives were older than shotguns...
horny_trojan
oh yeah, id like to see a knife stack up to a shotgun
Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

The oldest weapons are humans themselves!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
no. it shood be bacteria/viruses
horny_trojan
to be correct, the oldest weapons are sticks and stones
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6649|The Netherlands
I believe the ROE doesn't mention a "stick and stone only"-server..
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
oldest weapon gonna be our fist or our brain
horny_trojan
well, if you wanna take it that far then go ahead
Kontrolfreq
+50|6612|Cambridge UK

Jbrar wrote:

Shotguns are very useful when working with a squad. Send the shotty in first, followed by support and medic, revive him if he dies while support cleans up whats left.
So you're saying shotguns are good for cannon-fodder??

I've only recently started playing around with the Engi kit, and the pumps are awesome in the right situations. In one round alone i got 6 or 7 one shot kills, just by diving prone and aiming high. That was on Songuah (spell?) You do have to be close but thats easy... Vodnik/Hummer - jump out - BOOM click-click

Think i might get the Jackhammer next

Last edited by Kontrolfreq (2006-06-30 02:30:07)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

Songhua Stalemate.

And yes there is nothing more kicking, then bucking your remington and ripping the enemy apart!
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6535|London (At Heart)

I've actually been using the shotty alot lately, one of my favourite tactics with it is to get a buggy from the hilltop on Operation Harvest, and drive down to the outpost north west of you, jump off in the trees and you can guarantee a good 5 or 6 kills each time as if you get into problems you can run into the trees and lay low for a little while..

Shem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard