mporlier
+42|6647|Montreal, Canada
Its funny how the most talked about kit is the sniper. 80% of the community think it is a useless kit. Why do you bother talking about it? Because it pisses you off being killed by my trusty L96A1?

The fact that it is the most popular kit in this forum is proof that it is also the most effective.
HeimdalX
+37|6658
Where do all these good snipers play? I want more free knife kills...
Hyper
Banned
+154|6758
uhoh
a lethal gunsgt
everyone run
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6708|Australia
Don't care shut up. Enough with the sniper threads. Says who its the most popular kit in this forum? Its just that some of the sniper here actually think they are good and they have to tell everyone about it. Also 50% of the talk is about how useless it is anyway. And by the way the sniper kit is USELESS but can also be fun.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6549|Doncaster UK
i love that gun.

boom headshot.
mavrick 3399
+102|6549|Doncaster UK

HeimdalX wrote:

you dont get knife kills on good snipers, they claymore you.
you get knife kills on noob snipers

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-06-29 06:13:15)

HeimdalX
+37|6658

mavrick 3399 wrote:

HeimdalX wrote:

a good sniper wouldn't be in one spot long enough to use a claymore
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6575|Bristol UK
lol, very true, claymores all round ha ha ha, +1 to maverick 3399 for stating the truth
mavrick 3399
+102|6549|Doncaster UK

HeimdalX wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

HeimdalX wrote:

a good sniper wouldn't be in one spot long enough to use a claymore
it goes down like second nature, get in postion, drop claymore, take your shot, move on AND REPEAT.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6704|Germany
There's no more satisfying kill than shooting a attack-chopper dude out of his Cobra,you can really feel how pissed off they usually are (You can't see what he's typing because he's dead but you can see the language filter warning ).

After 2 kills(sometimes I get them a second time on the helipad,Midnight Sun is awesome for that!) the pilot usually hunts you down personally - could there be a better contribution to the team?
One sniper keeps the attack chopper(which usually rapes the shit out of spawnpoints) busy by playing hide and seek with them.
On Midnight Sun somebody tried to hunt me down with the Chinese Recon chopper - and he lost the duel against a M95(no headshot,I pumped 2 mags in it and BOOM!).

So I guess people hate this kit because of things like that,maybe they can't hit squat with the sniper rifles(but secretly wish to) or they are annoyed by getting headshot after fighting off a couple of assault-guys.

Nobody whines about jetwhores anymore,they just rape away,but when you kill somebody unexpectedly and skillful with just a rifle people want personal revenge,if they are unable to do so they flame in the forums how useless snipers are and other bullshit.
mporlier

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Don't care shut up. Enough with the sniper threads. Says who its the most popular kit in this forum? Its just that some of the sniper here actually think they are good and they have to tell everyone about it. Also 50% of the talk is about how useless it is anyway. And by the way the sniper kit is USELESS but can also be fun.
I know 50% talk about how useless it is I even think 80% says the same thing. Again, that only shows how effective it is! No one talks about something that doesn't bother them. They comment only when they are pissed off, this is a compliment to me.
mporlier

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

There's no more satisfying kill than shooting a attack-chopper dude out of his Cobra,you can really feel how pissed off they usually are (You can't see what he's typing because he's dead but you can see the language filter warning ).

After 2 kills(sometimes I get them a second time on the helipad,Midnight Sun is awesome for that!) the pilot usually hunts you down personally - could there be a better contribution to the team?
One sniper keeps the attack chopper(which usually rapes the shit out of spawnpoints) busy by playing hide and seek with them.
On Midnight Sun somebody tried to hunt me down with the Chinese Recon chopper - and he lost the duel against a M95(no headshot,I pumped 2 mags in it and BOOM!).

So I guess people hate this kit because of things like that,maybe they can't hit squat with the sniper rifles(but secretly wish to) or they are annoyed by getting headshot after fighting off a couple of assault-guys.

Nobody whines about jetwhores anymore,they just rape away,but when you kill somebody unexpectedly and skillful with just a rifle people want personal revenge,if they are unable to do so they flame in the forums how useless snipers are and other bullshit.
well said +1
PRiMACORD
+190|6632|Home of the Escalade Herds

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

[color=orange]There's no more satisfying kill than shooting a attack-chopper dude out of his Cobra,you can really feel how pissed off they usually are (You can't see what he's typing because he's dead but you can see the language filter warning ).

Yeah it pisses me off to no end. Luckily it doesn't happen a lot. I can count how many times i've been shot out (in air not on the pad) on one hand.

The guy you went up against the recon was a horrible pilot. Recons are perfect for mowing down infantry what with the radar telling you exactly where they are and all
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6704|Germany

mavrick 3399 wrote:

HeimdalX wrote:

you get knife kills on noob snipers
Hmm,yesterday I had 3 times the same situation:
I was on the southern beach on Wake,sniping away and suddenly I hear movement behind me.
I got up immediately and strafed to the side while turning around - in that moment a guy dolphindives with a knife in his hand right onto the spot I was lying 1 second ago.
Pistol out,emptied clip,back to sniping again.

Although one of the guys got me with his M4,but usually the easy knife kill never works as planned with me as the "victim".
mavrick 3399
+102|6549|Doncaster UK
most of my knife kills i got as a sniper

picture the situation

climb upa ladder, oh shit three snipers but no claymore, nice three easy knife kills
stab stab stab

put claymore on ladder wait for a good clean shot,

boom mavrick3399 kills noobsniper again who didnt check the ladder.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6566|The real world
Gunnery sergeants are the biggest noobs on bf2, all of them

(And again I dont care about neg karma)
mavrick 3399
+102|6549|Doncaster UK

elmo1337 wrote:

Gunnery sergeants are the biggest noobs on bf2, all of them

(And again I dont care about neg karma)
cheers i am trying to be a gunnery sergeant lol
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6828|Belgium

What I love the most about the sniper kit is the feverish discussions it provides over and over again. You are either into snipping and simply love it, and are convinced it is one of the most useful kits around. Or… You hate it, you hate ‘them’, you hate everything that has to do with those useless non-contributing bastards.

It seems EA/DICE hit the sour spot with this kit, because isn’t the sniper speciality in the army not the most frowned upon by non-snipers, and believed to be the elite, by the snipers themselves.

For me it is a rush to finally hit that little moving dot… But GRRRMMSMMBBBLLL when I find that low-life whom paused my game with 15s.

Cheers,
R

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard