Poll

Who would you prefer to be the dominant superpower in the world?

China6%6% - 25
U.s.a.38%38% - 145
India1%1% - 4
Russia2%2% - 9
Brazil/Latin American Coalition1%1% - 6
E.u.23%23% - 88
Other11%11% - 43
Go Fuck Yourself13%13% - 52
Total: 372
parthian1000
+8|6673|The Barbary Coast
-1 OMFG, Stalin's Chernobyl Mafia is coming for us! Run for your life, or they make us drink vodka as much as they do, every Russian drinks a bucket of vodka daily! And they are all evi commies!
Wasder, in relation to your decision to neg me rather than engage in discussion here:

Obviously my comments have touched a raw nerve or you wouldn't have felt the need to neg me, neither did I say anything about vodka or communism the first of which originated in Scandinavia and the second of which was devised by a German.  You'll also note that I pointed out that none of the other options for world superpowers were a particularly good idea - I didn't single out Russia.  Neither were any of my comments directed at the Russian people but rather at the Russian state.  But if you'd like to discuss in more detail why Russia would make a terrible superpower how about the following sample:

The Katyn Massacre
Suppression of the Hungarian Uprising
Gulags
Covert intevention in the Ukrainian elections

And yes, I think if you asked the wider world population whether Chernobyl was a fuck up of colossal proportions, they would agree.  More importantly it was an easily avoidable fuck up.  All the state had to do was inform engineers at reactors that the fuel rods had a design flaw - but that would have meant admitting to an error; unconscionable!  As a consequence the innocent civillians at Chernobyl and beyond were poisoned and many incredibly brave Russian personnel sacrificed their lives to bring the disaster under control.  Welsh hill farmers in the UK STILL cannot sell their livestock for food because the pasture is classed as toxic and that's just one example of the wider effects.  Last year my parents hosted a child from the Chernobyl area in the UK for a summer because, apparently, every week they spend outside of the area increases their life span.  She is bright, fluent in three languages and probably won't live beyond 35 - now if that's not a fuck up I don't know what is.

Feel free to neg me again if you like;  my self esteem doesn't rely on my karma rating, post count or BF2 stats.

Last edited by parthian1000 (2006-06-28 01:41:49)

xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6621|Sweden
Sweden and Switzerland in coalition. two countries that havent been to war in quite some time and who enjoys peace. maybe freedom loving peacekeepers would make the world a better place
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6850

xXSarnathXx wrote:

Sweden and Switzerland in coalition. two countries that havent been to war in quite some time and who enjoys peace. maybe freedom loving peacekeepers would make the world a better place
So they sat WWII out while millions were murdered an made a big profit of the gold seized from jews. Sounds very altruistic ! yep think of all they could teach us.

PS the swiss could afford to be neutral when something like a mountain was an impediment  to an enemy attack.

Think " 21 century "

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-28 06:44:21)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6729
USA or EU would be fine, but not china

If the world is under china, no freedom of speech, expressions etc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6574
Except that China is slowly liberalising, which is far better than attempting to quickly liberalise (like, say, Russia when Tsar Nick the 2nd was deposed)
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6688|Moscow, Russia
I just got pretty damn pissed with all the anti-russian shit I've read recently (not on this forum). Lots of people caught cold in Cold War and are still coughing with shit. You should know just one thing: Russia is not what you see in the news, or read in biased press.
All those points you gave here are either from Soviet era (which is long time over, wake up!), or BS.
If you wanna talk about Ukrainian elections, here's a little fact: Yuschenko was backed by US, and never even denied that. Look at the shit the country is in now.
And NO, I'm not fond of our government and Putin as a part of it. If you look up the neighboring thread, about problems in people's countries, I named it as the most important.

Last edited by Wasder (2006-06-28 07:51:13)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6574
Yeah, a fair few of our posters seem to be suffering Cold War hangover: Communists are bad just because, apparently.  Also, anyone who disagrees with them is a Communist Hippy.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6850
A few of our posters have no idea what the cold war was about. In truth the situation was so Daynamic in post USSR Europe many people have no idea who holds power where with what bounderies and with what form of goverment. Still, we are all glad it is over are we not?
Hopefully the Chinese will see a bigger picture.
doxy
+74|6803|Nevis

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

U.S.A. already won.

... and china owns USA. but there might be a solution, USA gets rid of the bush clan in time(it's not all about george walker, george herbert walker did more harm to your country than any president before with selling out your job market to china, i.e. Wal-Mart), gets back his jobs and reintroduces the bipolar politics, with two even opponents..... i hope you make it, but i doubt it
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6819|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Bubbalo wrote:

Yeah, a fair few of our posters seem to be suffering Cold War hangover: Communists are bad just because, apparently.  Also, anyone who disagrees with them is a Communist Hippy.

George Santayana wrote:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
I would say that some of our posters are in love with a pie-in-the-sky vision of society that has proven itself to be unviable AND undesirable through its notably brutal failures.

R.J. Rummel wrote:

But from 1918 to 1953, the Soviet government executed, slaughtered, starved, beat or tortured to death, or otherwise killed 39,500,000 of its own people (my best estimate among figures ranging from a minimum of twenty million killed by Stalin to a total over the whole communist period of eighty-three million). For China under Mao Tse-tung, the communist government eliminated, as an average figure between estimates, 45,000,000 Chinese. The number killed for just these two nations is about 84,500,000 human beings, or a lethality of 252 percent more than both World Wars together.
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/WSJ.ART.HTM
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/WSJ.TAB1.GIF
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6553|vancouver

Darth_Fleder wrote:

I would say that some of our posters are in love with a pie-in-the-sky vision of society that has proven itself to be unviable AND undesirable through its notably brutal failures.
I haven't seen anybody try to excuse or explain away the millions who died under communist regimes in the twentieth century.  I also haven't seen anybody claim for free-market democracy the millions who have starved in India over the past fifty years or so.

It's been more of a steady drip (if you can call 2.5m/year a "drip") than the communist crimes tended to be, but it's certainly comparable in total.

The 20th century was one of ideology at all costs, and the costs were heavy.  But we always have more familiarity with the enemy's crimes, so we can wag a finger while our own lessons go unlearned.
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6621|Sweden

Horseman 77 wrote:

xXSarnathXx wrote:

So they sat WWII out while millions were murdered an made a big profit of the gold seized from jews. Sounds very altruistic ! yep think of all they could teach us.

PS the swiss could afford to be neutral when something like a mountain was an impediment  to an enemy attack.

Think " 21 century "
honestly now, do you think that sweden or switzerland has made a profit out of nazi-gold?

i seriously doubt that.

if what ur sayin is what i think ur sayin then ur meaning that swe/swi was in somewhat of an allegiance with the germans, how else would we have got the nazi-gold? and why would the germans give it to us?

nyah, doesnt make sense.

and yeah, i think everyone could learn from theese two countries. who needs war?
Drexor
+33|6626|Denmark
Denmark!!!!!!!!
Bagr
+0|6526
No. JUST European Union will be best. EU will have 30 000 000 soldiers and great navy. But we must be together. All from EU.
I'm from CZE
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6850

xXSarnathXx wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

xXSarnathXx wrote:

Think " 21 century "
honestly now, do you think that sweden or switzerland has made a profit out of nazi-gold?

i seriously doubt that.

if what ur sayin is what i think ur sayin then ur meaning that swe/swi was in somewhat of an allegiance with the germans, how else would we have got the nazi-gold? and why would the germans give it to us?

nyah, doesnt make sense.

and yeah, i think everyone could learn from theese two countries. who needs war?
Wars ended Slavery, Nazi Germany & Japans Massacres etc. I am glad you feel so confident that someone will do the dirty work you. It is easy to sit out a War if someone will protect you from the Evil in the world, It wont be me.

PS the swiss paid Reparations in a world court, Sorry you missed it.

There is a Special place in Hell for someone who will not take a side. Enjoy !

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-28 10:35:41)

JAM7374
+6|6591
Canada.   Stop laughing !!   We might have to give the US an I.O.U for some military equipment though.   Plus all  votes for Canada as the next superpower will earn you free beer and health care and we're canadian so you know its damn good beer.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656
I prefer common sense, reason and good judgment to be the preferred super power of the future
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6621|Sweden

Horseman 77 wrote:

xXSarnathXx wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Think " 21 century "

i seriously doubt that.

nyah, doesnt make sense.

Wars ended Slavery, Nazi Germany & Japans Massacres etc. I am glad you feel so confident that someone will do the dirty work you. It is easy to sit out a War if someone will protect you from the Evil in the world, It wont be me.

PS the swiss paid Reparations in a world court, Sorry you missed it.

There is a Special place in Hell for someone who will not take a side. Enjoy !
ah..... a special place in hell ....alas i dont believe in heaven and hell.

altho i do believe there is a special place in "hell" for people who kill each others aswell ...war comes to mind

also, no alliance forces ever defended Sweden because there wasnt a war goin on. however ur taking this far from the original thread.
messfeeder
+31|6540|Gotham

genius_man16 wrote:

CANADA FTW!!

seriously, with their low medical prices, a lot of USAans will probably go to Canada.  Bringing the US knowledge of power their.  And since Canada is so off the radar, they could do some damage

that's my theory anyway
Low medical prices? And let me ask you, how much do you pay in taxes? Shit isn't free.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6532|Πάϊ
1. Sweden allowed germany to use its ports and resources in exchange for "peace". In other words they sold their country out. As for Switzerland, who in the right mind would rob a bank that holds his money in it?

2. COMMUNISM: I see in this forum McCarthy (with a little help from Stalin:P) did a very good job linking it to all that is evil. Then again history is written by the winners. And certainly they ain't gonna mention anything about their syberia. But hey, at least you dont freeze your prisoners to death... you got your concentration camps in tropical islands:P What more could you ask for...

PS: irrelevant but cool vid about spetsnaz
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … q=spetsnaz
ƒ³
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6686|Canada Eh?
Taxes are a little high I guess, But you get used to it (15% on all products purchased in New Brunswick does get old...)

But at least I can walk into any hospital with damn near any medical emergency and get relatively fast high quality treatment for free.

Plus, we don't have to wait to be 21 to drink! (19 in New Brunswick, 18 in Quebec which is a mere 20 minutes from where I live, I don't know the rest of the legal drinking ages in Canada though)
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6532|Πάϊ
Greece: Not exactly top notch but free healthcare system, plus you get to drink beer from your mamas tit
ƒ³
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6850

xXSarnathXx wrote:

" There is a Special place in Hell for someone who will not take a side."
ah..... a special place in hell ....alas i dont believe in heaven and hell. .
The Quote is From Machiavelli,
Here is yet another quote.
" A Little education is a dangerous thing." lol

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-28 12:22:54)

xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6621|Sweden

Horseman 77 wrote:

xXSarnathXx wrote:

" There is a Special place in Hell for someone who will not take a side."
ah..... a special place in hell ....alas i dont believe in heaven and hell. .
The Quote is From Machiavelli,
Here is yet another quote.
" A Little education is a dangerous thing." lol
i shud +karma u for that
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6833
man there's no love for India here....

hindu powah!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard