HolyKitsune
Recharging! Clear!
+6|6836|CA
Omfg, there should be a license system...like...a godly one you have to pass in order to use a freaking vehicle or something, wow I know it would screw up the game, but i'm tired of getting run down by idiots roffle, I have to vent this shit, because I always punish ppl who run me over. Pedestrians have the right of way. I really dont punish for the "1-inch pull-forward roadkill" but i do when no one is on the street and i cross it, and a humvee runs me down. I'm a medic; I have lives to save, and people to tend to. Running down a medic that is near like 3 unconcious teammates...is pretty sad. How would u feel if a complete noob took your helicopter...only to crash it upon takeoff--and it costs you countless death streaks and eventually the game. Dont drive, dont fly, and dont pilot anything...unless you know how to use it safetly, efficiently, and effectivley in the field of battle. Consult your nearest DMV for information on the correct licenses, kthx..

CAREFUL DRIVING.

GRRR, lol. Had to vent that out.
blue60007
+0|6846
Hehe, I know how you feel. But on they same note, there would also have to be a grenade license, machine gun license, and heck a running/walking license. Cause some times people will hop out in front of a vehicle, and you know armored vehicles don't stop on a dime. In the game I'd say vehicles have the right away, like I said they don't stop quickly, secondly the player driving has a limited view off to the sides (as opposed to real life driving) and sometimes its hard to see idiots who may dash out in front of you. (and also the player doesn't have peripheral vision to catch the vehicle out of the corner of your eye. If you could see them earlier, you could avoid them, but you usually don't see them until they are under your wheels.

Last edited by blue60007 (2005-08-15 14:30:03)

HolyKitsune
Recharging! Clear!
+6|6836|CA
Haha, well it IS war....So yeah I guess vehicles need to get to the destinations lol. Meh, lol.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

i see a sniper teammate running towards me through my limited drivers porthole in an APC..
i hit the S button frantically..
Newtonian physics dictates that the vehicle slows down to a halt when S button is hit rather than a hard stop.
Darn fool bounces off my APC and i get a TK..wtf.

so, yes it is War.. and be aware of what goes round when you run about. If i m prone on the road, a HUMVEE comes charging behind me, i darn well move or be killed..and ruin a teammate's score.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
yeah! i hate that. a person running out of a base going like 40 mph! and there are mines (and they punish) and other ppl that they can obviously see on their raydar
thinner44
+1|6811

mikeshw wrote:

i see a sniper teammate running towards me through my limited drivers porthole in an APC..
Newtonian physics dictates that the vehicle slows down to a halt when S button is hit rather than a hard stop.

Damn right! At what point do foot soldiers think a tank or an APC stops on a dime, or a sixpence (if you're UK). I use armour daily, we have limited vision and no, it doesn't stop on a dime, it slows, it then rocks, it even pivots if you're in that situation. So if you see it and it's looking at you, move out of the way.

I got punished for a TK, the guy saw me, he knew I couldn't just stop and ran in front of me. I have 50 TKs to my name, I have hours and hours of armour usage. I DO NOT DO IT ON PURPOSE, I don't want to TK and I'll do everything in my power to make sure I don't.... but I can't stop a bloody tank on a dime, it's just not possible.
When I'm a foot soldier and I see armour or even a vehicle, I give it room, I give it respect where possible. If it runs me over on purpose I get mad, but I still don't punish. Punish is misused by people that have no way of saying 'sorry, it was my fault, I didn't see you', and that's on both sides.

The guy I crushed today was an admins little helper. He swore at me (not that that's anything to worry about), even used the 'c' word, I said, 'can you not see a bloody tank!!', 2 mins later I'm kicked.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6766|mansfield
yeh
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
I just try not to hit people; it's not my fault if they step out in front of me.

Personally, I'm in the habit of looking before I cross the road, but many a time have tanks or APCs backed over me when I'm trying to mount up.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6538|Las Vegas
Its war, supposed to be watching your environment anyway arent ya?  if they fly around a blind corner, its on them, if you run into a long street without looking, its on you, etc....  I just stay out of the vehicles, doent hurt my score if I get run over.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK

thinner44 wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

Damn right! At what point do foot soldiers think a tank or an APC stops on a dime, or a sixpence (if you're UK). I use armour daily, we have limited vision and no, it doesn't stop on a dime, it slows, it then rocks, it even pivots if you're in that situation. So if you see it and it's looking at you, move out of the way.

I got punished for a TK, the guy saw me, he knew I couldn't just stop and ran in front of me. I have 50 TKs to my name, I have hours and hours of armour usage. I DO NOT DO IT ON PURPOSE, I don't want to TK and I'll do everything in my power to make sure I don't.... but I can't stop a bloody tank on a dime, it's just not possible.
When I'm a foot soldier and I see armour or even a vehicle, I give it room, I give it respect where possible. If it runs me over on purpose I get mad, but I still don't punish. Punish is misused by people that have no way of saying 'sorry, it was my fault, I didn't see you', and that's on both sides.

The guy I crushed today was an admins little helper. He swore at me (not that that's anything to worry about), even used the 'c' word, I said, 'can you not see a bloody tank!!', 2 mins later I'm kicked.
Even worse are the planks that just wander out infront when they know theres a vehicle coming, know that the driver will have to do all the work to avoid or take a TK

If you were walking along a road in a battlezone and a tank came rolling by you wouldnt just dawdle across the road, youd move sharpish or let them by first.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6598
A fucking year and a half old thread?

WTF.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
I think they need to patch things so the horn doesen't fire the weapon on some vehicles. I mean, you want to alert people to get the feck out the way, not blow them up because you forgot you were looking through a crosshair.

Also, I have taken to running away from armoured vehicles when on any map with aircraft. The large, slow target combined with my natural fire-magnet tendencies means certain death.
butcher.LSN
+0|6344
thats a good idea with a lisence system, i was thinking about it too
gator45666
+6|6630|St.Petersburg, Fl.
In the heat of battle stuff happens, IE: Getting ran over, getting shot by friendly fire, Getting hit by Arty. and to those who lay down prone in the street your chances are greater. Just remember to try to stay to the side of the street it better that way any how so that you're not out in the open and an easier target from the opfor. Oh an most DMV's will give you a license just for having a heartbeat.
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6364|None ya
I agree, and this would'nt really ruin the game. Just have a drive test thats time or somthing and you cant crash.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6538|Las Vegas

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

A fucking year and a half old thread?

WTF.
So! people post without searching, you bitch, they search, and find an old thread, you bitch! so WTF???
AndrewKF
+3|6370

Snipingruven wrote:

So! people post without searching, you bitch, they search, and find an old thread, you bitch! so WTF???
Just calm down, calm down. And for the license system I don't think it would make a big difference, and how you would make that work?
markzed
+5|6382
I don't punish the first time. Hell, sometimes I'm too stupid to look left and right before making a dash across a village and get biffed. Twice in one round and both times when I've been stationary or taking out enemies (no, not THAT rare an occasion!) with my trusty chainsaw/pitchfork/[insert weapon of choice here], I will have to punish.

Having said that, sometimes I find myself driving amongst arty and in my blind panic to exit the arty area I have not pulled up in time and bumped some friendlies, much to their disgust (= punish).

Valuable lesson learned.

Now that I've got an idea of a buggy's braking performance (or lack thereof), I will be wiser next time.
=LuxWraith=
+3|6500
yaeh did also run over some people and also got squashed sometimes (my fault = no punish, blind driver = punish) ... best thing was yesterday on wake as sniper, had a quite comfy spot with good cover and visibility on an enemy flag. base behind me was held by friendlies and we were slowly advancing to cap the next enemy flag. on my minimap I saw teammates advancing and suddenly our cmdr came from behind in a humvee (!!! not doing his job of course) to join the fray. well what does he do ... leaves the road to get up to the ridge where i was hiding alone in my bush and nxt thing i see is the underside carriage of the humvee. 
f***cking moron cannot check for friendlies on his minimap and i sure as hell was not going to leave my cover ==> so PUNISHED THIS A$$HOLE and ranted

concerning vehicle licenses: maybe vehicle entry could be unlocked only by reaching a certain rank in online play and/or having absolved xxx hours in resp. vehicle in single player before. I mean in normal armies you also don't see any low grunt take a plane or chopper or sth else. haven't the time to elaborate further though.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
I daresay this problem could be improved by giving the buggies somewhat more grip, preventing them from sliding off all over the place. I swear, it's like I'm driving on greased ice.

Also, a handbrake wouldn't go amiss. I mean, how am I meant to capture a flag quickly and effectively without being able to make a handbrake turn?
AndrewKF
+3|6370

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Also, a handbrake wouldn't go amiss. I mean, how am I meant to capture a flag quickly and effectively without being able to make a handbrake turn?
Excellent point, we need a handbrake ( or at least a good ordinary brake ) because no one can hear that damn horn anyway
And of course better tires, there are no points for drifting

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard