SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6860|Delaware
I was playing an EA US official server (Karkand) tonight when I ecountered a fun group of people. Little did I know they'd give me one of the best games I've had in awhile. No one broke 70 points that round, but it was sure fun. It was squad teamwork all the way. "Guys behind the door." "APC south of the Gatehouse." "Alright guys, let's split up for now and capture a flag to keep our points stable. We'll group back up after that." I don't remember the names of these guys but I'd gladly play any time, any map with them again. This praise goes out to the real meaning of BF2: a good time.
divided
Clear!
+3|6811
Woah, a squad that communicates?
eatmywheaties
+2|6797
i found one earlier too.

we went liie 9-1 in 10 rounds.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6879|UK

divided wrote:

Woah, a squad that communicates?
Rare as rocking horse shit
braveheartLA
+0|6777
We have one of the best squads around and THE BEST commander and ranked No. 1 Roofus.... UCS server , when we are playing on it our communication is second to none for KArkand.

=UCS= BraveheartLA
Michael82
+4|6820|Copenhagen, Denmark
Haha had the same experience on Karkand. Joined a squad of 3, I was spec op (as always ) with 2 medics and 1 more (assault i think). We raked the first flag, one medic fell, other was over him like a dog in heat. 4 man strong we run towards next flag, i take one down and am taken out by a m95, 2 secs later im up to fight.

We end up taking 3 flags and i end up going through 3 kits of ammo (my spec op ran out, so i took a medic kit, ran out and took another spec op ).

Nothing like a squad that acts like a REAL squad. I've always thought that it would be so much fun to do that again. We almost communicated on a telepathic level .

It's actually one of the reasons i love Karkand
Rizen_Ji
+41|6774|200m out and smiling at you.
haha these stories kinda make me feel cheap, cuz me and my friends just play in the same room on 4 computers and get a few of our other friends to play at the same time. but i always wondered about how those lone dudes felt...
kn0ckahh
+98|6777|netherlands, sweet lake city
well if you want real good teamwork, find a clan. ive been in al clan a couple of moths now and almost every week we go to a public server and dominate it with our teamwork. we train a lot in good communication for wars and the more you play with the same ppl the more youll work as a team and the scores you get are verry high if youll do it right.
=DS=Unit92
+0|6780
My clan also has great communication but we use Teamspeak, I sometimes feel sorry for the lone guy that joins our squad, so I use BF's crappy VOIP every once in a while to explain what we're doing, but it's really weird for my clanmates as they get the chatter in stereo as my TS is set to activate on voice... too bad there isn't a key to mute it, I would set it to the same key I have my bf2 voip set to.
DeadJim
+19|6787|Valencia, California
Squad Communication, IMHO, makes the entire game worthwhile.  I've seen a small trend in regards to Squad Naming conventions that I strictly follow and would recommend - When creating a squad, indicate VOIP in the name somewhere - this generally attracts likeminded vocal players. 

Oh, its not always a perfect solution - last night I actually played a game where a Husband and Wife team were chatting about work as we fought on Sharqi... it was quite surreal...  "Honey, you have an Anti-Tank guy behind that building...."

No self respecting SpecOps should ever be called "Honey".........

https://bf2s.com/player/19118813/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/19118813/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/19118813/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/19118813/awards.jpg

Last edited by DeadJim (2005-11-23 09:32:58)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6782|Reality
In case the PM didn't work unit 92

There is a mute function for the mic in TS.

Under the toggle menu of the key settings drop down menu.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6807|Human Meat Shield
where do I get this.. TeamSpeak? what's the other alternative? VOIP? am looking towards using voice.
PURPLEHAZEISCOMIN
+0|6762
JUST LAST NIGHT I WAS PLAYIN STRIKE. I KNOW LIKE 4 PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS ON THIS ONE SEVER. SO LAST NIGHT WE WERE ALL ON AND WE MADE A SQUAD. LOCKED IT UP (5 guys, medic, support, 2 specs, and an AT) AND STARTED WITH AN APC AND A CAR (MEC). SO WE RAN RITE DOWN THERE THROATS TO THE GAS SATION BLEW EVERYTHING, ADVANCED UP, TOOK OUT ARTY, ALL OUR SCORES HAD TO BE LIKE 50+, IT WAS SO FUN. WED TALK IDENTIFY ANYTHING THAT MOVED. IT WASNT THAT TYPE OF GAME "OK ILL JOIN A SQUAD TO GET THAT MOVING SPAWN POINT. THE ONE TIME ONE OF OUR GUYS WAS THE ONLY GUY LEFT ON THE WHOLE MAP SO EVERYONE LEFT TTHE SQUAD TO LET HIM BE THE LEADER. WE ENDED UP TAKING LIKE 3 OF TEH BACK BASES (INCLUDING THE MAIN). WE WERE DOWN LIKE 180 to like 100. MEC WON LIKE BY 53. THAT WAS THE FIRST WIN IN ABOUT LIKE 12 ROUNDS FOR MEC AND WON THE NEXT LIKE 7. BUT THEN LIKE ALWAYS ONE PERSON HAD TO GO AND THE WHOLE SQUAD JUST BROKE DOWN. SO I LEFT HOPING WE WILL MEET UP LATER TONIGHT. AND KIK SOME ASS. LOL. I LOVE TALKING SQUADS WHO ACTUALLY WORK TOGETHER.

*THE BEST PART IS WHEN EVERYONE IN UR SQUAD IS A MEDIC AND U HAVE KNIFE FIGHTS WITH EACH OTHER... LOL I WONDER WHAT 6 GUYS WITH KNIFES TRYIN TO KILL EACH OTHER (ON TEH SAME TEAM) LOOKED LIEK TO A SNIPER?????*
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6785|The United Center

PURPLEHAZEISCOMIN wrote:

JUST LAST NIGHT I WAS PLAYIN STRIKE. I KNOW LIKE 4 PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS ON THIS ONE SEVER. SO LAST NIGHT WE WERE ALL ON AND WE MADE A SQUAD. LOCKED IT UP (5 guys, medic, support, 2 specs, and an AT) AND STARTED WITH AN APC AND A CAR (MEC). SO WE RAN RITE DOWN THERE THROATS TO THE GAS SATION BLEW EVERYTHING, ADVANCED UP, TOOK OUT ARTY, ALL OUR SCORES HAD TO BE LIKE 50+, IT WAS SO FUN. WED TALK IDENTIFY ANYTHING THAT MOVED. IT WASNT THAT TYPE OF GAME "OK ILL JOIN A SQUAD TO GET THAT MOVING SPAWN POINT. THE ONE TIME ONE OF OUR GUYS WAS THE ONLY GUY LEFT ON THE WHOLE MAP SO EVERYONE LEFT TTHE SQUAD TO LET HIM BE THE LEADER. WE ENDED UP TAKING LIKE 3 OF TEH BACK BASES (INCLUDING THE MAIN). WE WERE DOWN LIKE 180 to like 100. MEC WON LIKE BY 53. THAT WAS THE FIRST WIN IN ABOUT LIKE 12 ROUNDS FOR MEC AND WON THE NEXT LIKE 7. BUT THEN LIKE ALWAYS ONE PERSON HAD TO GO AND THE WHOLE SQUAD JUST BROKE DOWN. SO I LEFT HOPING WE WILL MEET UP LATER TONIGHT. AND KIK SOME ASS. LOL. I LOVE TALKING SQUADS WHO ACTUALLY WORK TOGETHER.

*THE BEST PART IS WHEN EVERYONE IN UR SQUAD IS A MEDIC AND U HAVE KNIFE FIGHTS WITH EACH OTHER... LOL I WONDER WHAT 6 GUYS WITH KNIFES TRYIN TO KILL EACH OTHER (ON TEH SAME TEAM) LOOKED LIEK TO A SNIPER?????*
calm down.
Malo
+0|6810
How about u join a clan so you can have this "BEST GAME" every round.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6860|Delaware

Malo wrote:

How about you don't tell me what to do?

I'm not a big clan fan (rhyme!). I did find a clan that I'm currently in at the moment because they do communicate. I don't like hearing people 24/7 while gaming because sometimes I'm trying to concentrate and all I hear is the persons TV.
PURPLEHAZEISCOMIN
+0|6762
ok sorry wasnt being excited i just used caps... and im no fan of clan either, ecspecially when u have to change ur name and start the whole rank/awards all over again.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6825

SysTray wrote:

Malo wrote:

How about you don't tell me what to do?
I'm not a big clan fan (rhyme!). I did find a clan that I'm currently in at the moment because they do communicate. I don't like hearing people 24/7 while gaming because sometimes I'm trying to concentrate and all I hear is the persons TV.
not to mention most clans are full of
A) idiots
B) assholes
C) assidiotholes
dirtyepics
+19|6771|England
Two friends and I are always in the same squad and welcome other people in with open arms but it seems that either people don't have mics or don't want to talk.  I agree tho it's one of the best things about the game.

A few weeks ago we had the three of us English, 1 German, 2 Americans inc a girl, which we were all very happy about, and points were kind of irrelevant cos it was such a good laugh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard