Poll

Should servers inform what words are banned?

Yes87%87% - 75
no12%12% - 11
Total: 86
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6663
Getting banned for swearing really sucks. ie. Today I was playing TV2 Sharqi server and had good scores thanks to chopper, then some idiot goes under my chopper when landing for repair, and he forces me to teamkill. Then I say into the chat: "FUCKING IDIOT TK FORCER"

*Gets banned*

So I lose my good points. This makes me angry, because at other TV2 servers if I swear I don't get banned, so I though I could swear at this server too.

I think that servers should inform in the server message box that what words are banned. (I think that there shouldn't be any banned word, b/c when I say "you fucking idiot" I doubt anyone gets trauma from it. -.-')
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6873
If they don't want you to swear they should say "no swearing" in the server message while the map loads. If it does say that and you swear you should expect a good kicking.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6664
I said you fucking asswhipe on the crackheads 24/7 iron gator and no warning or nothing then i said omg you noob and it warned me for saying noob.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6617
It does say noob is on the banned words list though. Who cares, that's a crappy server anyways.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6663

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

If they don't want you to swear they should say "no swearing" in the server message while the map loads. If it does say that and you swear you should expect a good kicking.
When I joined TV2 Sharqi there was nothing about swearing.
PRiMACORD
+190|6669|Home of the Escalade Herds
Wish i could filter out those pussy no swearing servers. I hate them with a passion.

...remembering all the times i've been kicked for saying cockpit......arggggg
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6603|The real world
vas got kicked yesterday, I had 37 kills as an engineer, for saying the word, noob
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6612|Mountains of NC

got kicked one time bc I got it to say " Enemy air assets over"
guess bc it said assets

all it said was " Kicked for Language " I laughed and moved on to another server
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6663
It's not so bad when you don't have so good scores or the round has just begun but then it's annoying when you have good scores like 70+ and then get banned for saying word, even though they haven't even said anything about swearing.
tiggerr77
+1|6755|Portland, OR
Friend of mine got warned the other day for saying "pansies."  Sometimes its just rediculous.
Entertayner
+826|6614

on tv2 you get kicked for saying "suck" but not for saying "tard"
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6642|Cheshire. UK
I got kicked for saying the word shit ...I was explaining to my pilot in a chopper(who was very good) that I was shit with the TV missile

BOOM...kicked...no warning nothing

oh well my 2p's worth
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6696
That's what sucks about TV2, their screwed up views on "swearing" i've been kicked today from TV2 servers for saying "moron" and "shit". You say it on another TV2 server and nothing happens, they need to sort out whether to kick for what people say or not.

Personally, I think it shows a sign of immaturity on the part of the server admins. They're just words that while having some connotations of meanings they can mean different things used in different context, which is why banning words is always a foolish idea.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6590|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Yup they should!

"grr he shot me out of the COCKpit" -- Banned
"lol" -- kicked
"nub" -- kicked
"hax" -- banned
"bored" - kicked
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6738|Howell, Mi USA
Most server give a warning first, please keep the language clean. But yea they should tell u to not sware.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Turtle
+7|6801|Boulder, CO
Language filters are for assholes in general. You shouldn't be playing this game with your kid in your damn lap anyway. I can't think of any other reason to put language filters on and it's still a piss poor excuse. I got kicked yesterday for saying "thanks dick" to the guy who ran in front of my jet as I was taking off. What's funny is there was supposedly no base rape yet our strip was getting bombed, so I asked for an admin, no answer. But the second I say dick I get a kick. So I came back into the server and called them all morons and left. Actually it was DPG server "The Dogg pound gangstas" so I made a remark about how hardcore gangster they must be to have a language filter on their server.
SniperF0x
+49|6569
I hate it when i get kicked for saying "shit"... its a damn wargame people .
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6601|Oslo, Norway

Hacial wrote:

Getting banned for swearing really sucks. ie. Today I was playing TV2 Sharqi server and had good scores thanks to chopper, then some idiot goes under my chopper when landing for repair, and he forces me to teamkill. Then I say into the chat: "FUCKING IDIOT TK FORCER"

*Gets banned*

So I lose my good points. This makes me angry, because at other TV2 servers if I swear I don't get banned, so I though I could swear at this server too.

I think that servers should inform in the server message box that what words are banned. (I think that there shouldn't be any banned word, b/c when I say "you fucking idiot" I doubt anyone gets trauma from it. -.-')
Yes! They should, just send them a message! www.battle.no

Last edited by -Solv3r- (2006-06-23 09:17:40)

c0rce
+11|6612
I doubt very much you lose your score if you get banned/kicked. Servers rememebr your score if you disconnect halfway through a round. If this feature isn't in place for kicked/banned users then it would be a licence to go piss off everyone on the server until you get banned and have no crap stats at the end of the round.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6670|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I admit our language filter is a bit too harsh, words such as noob are punishable offenses, but you must understands it's to stop retards spamming random crap. It's understandable to shout something out over Voip if you just got killed, but unless you have no self control you don't go typing out a load of rubbish that people might find offensive, i understand that the less insulting words should be allowed, give me your PID and ingame name and I'll remove the ban, usually the language bans last for 1-3 days.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6679|South Jersey
I don't mind the language filters on TV2 servers.  Know why? I get kicked for lag everytime I go in there.  But do you really think soldiers IRL would be removed from the battlefield for saying "Shit, we've got 15 baddies advancing across the street!  Takes those fu*kers out!"  *Soldiers lieutenant grabs him by the ear and drags his ass back to base*

EDIT:  People DO have to vent some heat you know!

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2006-06-23 09:39:14)

=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6670|Britain and Damn proud of it!
But this isn't real life, if you have to vent just search 'crazy german kid', there's a good example...
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6575
I got BANNED once for saying "NOOB".  Wtf?  <----- Ooops, I mean, "What the heck?"

But to answer your question:  In my opinion, it would be useful if the administrators could give a list of the "banned words".

Last edited by Battlefield2Player (2006-06-23 10:07:01)

PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6838|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Yeah.  Ask Stykker because he got banned for saying the word - "Line".   That is just the worst ban I have ever seen in my entire life.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6592|USA bitches!
How about getting kicked for saying WTF? Happened to me, I'm sure you guys have come across it too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard