swandive76
+1|6644
Just interested to see how many players are "graduates" from Counter Strike. I used to play CS all the time but after playing BF2 i never looked back. Havent played CS since BF2 came out.

I think the game play is 100 times better and more realistic.

Anyone else out there the same??

Hooah!

Swandive76
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

I always wanted to buy it, but every time I am at Best Buy, I look at the back of the box and it just doesn't appeal to me.  I am a graduate of Joint Operations, Typhoon Rising.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6694|England and damn proud
I used to play CS:S and do every now and then, but i do like bf2 so much more.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
I played CS and CS:S but my first true online FPS was COD, the ultimate.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6582|Austin , TX
Getting in a vehicle and running your opponent over. 'Nuff said. Yeah i used to CS like a madman but BF2 is just all around more fun. Now when I go back i get shot through walls, someone comes spinning around in circles, or we run into our fave CS clan of all time [myg0t] (ps. i kill all [myg0t] i see!) So yeah I've moved on sometimes I even forget I have steam....I do play CS with my hot canadian friend though! We rarely do good anymore since we both are out of practice but yeah it can sometimes be fun. Vehicles of BF2 FTW!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
Played cs from 1.4 to CS:S. Fun times!
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6686|Moscow, Russia
Yeah, I've played CS from 1.3 straight to Source. But since I got BF2 I've had a 5 months break from it. When I tried to make a comeback recently, being very disappointed with 1.3, I realised that it takes much more faster reflexes to play CS:S than BF2. I just couldn't hit anybody the way I could half a year before. It wasn't just because the weapons shot different.
On a side note, it takes me 20 seconds max to join a server in CS:S, and it takes me 5 minutes to join a BF2 server now. I play CS:S with everything on full, except for HDR, but only cause it doesn't really fit into the game. Ah, how much I dream DICE would remake BF2 on Source...

P.S.: AWP: One Shot Kill.

Last edited by Wasder (2006-06-22 11:48:41)

sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6582|Austin , TX
Sarge probly "haxs" in CS as well =P   JK m8
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
Scenery like in BF2 looks like utter crap in Source. I've seen attempts from modders: It doesn't work.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA
I have the Cs:s demo that came with half life 2 but i don't ever play it. Used to play the origional cs back in the day though. and team fortress classic! Bf2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6727
I played CS way back in the day... I think 0.6 was my first version of it. But it so became the realm of hackers and cheaters that it got to be no fun at all. I mean how much fun is it to be purchasing equipment in your spawn area and suddenly your head shot by some kid using an AWP, wall hacks and head shot scripts.

Yeah, the BF series (1942 to 2142) will have their hackers and exploiters but it never seems to be on a level like CS had. And on the servers I like to play on when someone gets spotted cheating the whole server usually gangs up on them till they leave.

I'll stick with BF:2
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
I started CS in 1.4 and played it to 1.6 and then CSS. I still do play CS once in a while but there are no vehicles. Used to play CS all the time. CS is more infantry close combat oriented. Where you shoot is where you hit unlike BF2 where bullets have a mind of their own and shooting someone for 6 hits and then them turning around and killing you in 1 hit is frustrating. Thats why I dont do infantry in BF2. If i want to shoot a gun il do it in cs. In bf2 its vehicle whoring for me and the only infantry combat I do is to get to the vehicle.
doxy
+74|6801|Nevis
i am guilty for being a BF2 vehicle whore, if i want to join some quick shootings, i still join CS:S deathmatch servers. I started with CS US retail.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6570|The real world
Graduate of Call of Duty, never looked back either, that game required skill, real skill
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK

elmo1337 wrote:

Graduate of Call of Duty, never looked back either, that game required skill, real skill
damn right...
ImposedThreat
You Were My Promotion
+24|6675|USA
Yeah, I quit CS and I sold my 4 digit SteamID for $200. I think I could've gotten more though.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6630
goldeneye the only game that kicks bf2's ass
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

ImposedThreat wrote:

Yeah, I quit CS and I sold my 4 digit SteamID for $200. I think I could've gotten more though.
Why is it worth that much?

I play Css at my house and bf2 at my dads were the pc is better.
Played bf2 for 50 hours ,switched to a game of css and couldn't hit shit.
ImposedThreat
You Were My Promotion
+24|6675|USA

jord wrote:

ImposedThreat wrote:

Why is it worth that much?

I play Css at my house and bf2 at my dads were the pc is better.
Played bf2 for 50 hours ,switched to a game of css and couldn't hit shit.
I don't think it's really "worth" anything, it's just that people highly desire a low steamID as it makes them look "better". I guess some people are willing to spend a few hundred for it.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

manitobapaintballa wrote:

goldeneye the only game that kicks bf2's ass
The first great FPS that I ever played, first game to have hit loacted damage I think (ie you hit a dude in the head he takes more damage then if you hit him the left little toe)
But yea, I played CS from 1.6 to CZ (never have and never will play source) I still play now and then, but it's no where near as good as BF2 with or without random server crashes.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-06-22 12:43:47)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
CS 1.2 to 1.6 to CSS i am teh true pwn, been playing CS 1.2 since i was like 8 or sumthing.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
docnutz
+39|6770|B O S T ON area
graduate of COD,

i bought COD2 at the same time that i got BF2 but its been collectin dust ever since!
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6606|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i still play CS:S and DOD:S to keep my reflexes up, a little doom here and there but bf2 is almost all i play.

i graduated from CS, played since 1.4.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6546|Edmonton Alberta
i got half life two and CSS came with it i played maybe 2 rounds and was like wtf this sucks...... then i turned it off loaded up bf2 and thought man this is a thousand times better.... i just hated how everyone walks around automatically aiming for the heads of people.... i just kept getting own constantly so i never played it again

actaully a few years ago i used to play 1.6 or one of those older versions at a buddy of mines house and it was okay.... but i never really played it a whole lot
PRiMACORD
+190|6636|Home of the Escalade Herds
I played CS from beta 1 to beta 8, after that i really started to hate the game.

BF2 type games are just so much more evolved. CS is just so mindless and boring for me now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard