c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6571|laguna beach, ca

majorassult wrote:

Thank you captain obvious!

But I won't give you -1 b/c you tried your hardest!
nailed it
-r3-anubis
+73|6548|florida
Its a good thing you posted this, all i do is focus on getting a jet most of the time. That is probably why I really don't have any team points at all.
Defiance
+438|6682

In TWL matches atleast two rounds are played. If one clan wins both rounds, they win the match. If both clans win one round, the clan that won the round with the most tickets chooses a side for the third battle.

Where you get the whole thing based on tickets or individual score, I don't know.

Anyways this is a good strategy but getting one squad to sit there and likely be bored isn't the easiest thing to do on a pub...

Last edited by Defiance (2006-06-21 22:52:16)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6844
Boat of an enemy has been spotted!
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands
What I was missing in your post is that you try to cap and keep the flag that spawns their hardware... (Karkand MEC homebase). For instance, the AF map Harvest is won by capping the MEC base, thus withholding the MEC from Airsupport (2 choppers), 2 tanks and 1 AA vehicle. This is a costly flag to loose and you can expect the MEC to rush this flag untill they recover it. So dig in with a medic, support and AT and get your kills... (rushing ememies are allways a bit disoriented just after arrival...) The rest of you team will have an easy time capping the rest of the flags.

Last edited by ResDog1 (2006-06-22 00:46:20)

Boots
+17|6551|PA

switchbladezz wrote:

this thread is almost as worthless as that accuracy padding one...
Yeah,...

First I thought, who even cares about accuracy anyway.  Oh, snipzerzzz!

And then, who wastes time checking for accuracy padding?

Oh, Nyte.

And then who posts a way to detect it on a forum...

TeH SnYp3r GAWD!~
BVC
+325|6707
I was playing Karkan the other night, my teams commander kept telling us not to cap their last flag because it meant "more points for all".  I said it was a form of padding and capped the flag.  Next round after the autoswitch, he swapped back to US, presumably so he could pull the same stunt again.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6708|Germany

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Nyte wrote:

fierce wrote:

Empty vehicles removed from their initial spawnpoint will selfdestruct after a while.

Yes, the score is determined by the tickets and not the playersscore - therefore it's better to capture flags as soon as possible and lock the opponent out of the game.
In my opinion, taking the flag will cost you more tickets than just spawn raping.

I mean, if 20ID and warchild (My idol clan btw) does it in their battlerecorders... it's gotta be right.
did you just choose to ignore him correcting you?? and please whoever gave me -1 for not being able to type get a fucking life *rolls eyes*
Ignorance is bliss.
Seems that Nyte is desperately seeking for attention with his more and more retarded posts about some "new strategy"(pronespamming tips?please...),after the sniper competition and all his videos Nyte is like an aging diva...just not hip anymore.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6763|Toronto, ON

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Nyte wrote:

In my opinion, taking the flag will cost you more tickets than just spawn raping.

I mean, if 20ID and warchild (My idol clan btw) does it in their battlerecorders... it's gotta be right.
did you just choose to ignore him correcting you?? and please whoever gave me -1 for not being able to type get a fucking life *rolls eyes*
Ignorance is bliss.
Seems that Nyte is desperately seeking for attention with his more and more retarded posts about some "new strategy"(pronespamming tips?please...),after the sniper competition and all his videos Nyte is like an aging diva...just not hip anymore.
Negative.

And yes, vehicles will self-destruct after awhile, but by putting them in the red zone, most people won't venture in there.  I'd say 3 minutes of fighting armorless enemy is better than fighting an armored one.
Alpha as fuck.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664

Nyte wrote:

And yes, vehicles will self-destruct after awhile, but by putting them in the red zone, most people won't venture in there.  I'd say 3 minutes of fighting armorless enemy is better than fighting an armored one.
Except that it takes you three minutes to get from the Hotel to the USMC uncap to get the thing in the first place.  How often is that armor actually sitting there unused?  Any USMC team that leaves it's armor unused -- you are likely to beat that team anyway.
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6532

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Except that it takes you three minutes to get from the Hotel to the USMC uncap to get the thing in the first place.  How often is that armor actually sitting there unused?  Any USMC team that leaves it's armor unused -- you are likely to beat that team anyway.
Agreed, but if u do manage to steal their armor why leave it off map and not use it to good effect?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6763|Toronto, ON

EarlOfBronze wrote:

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Agreed, but if u do manage to steal their armor why leave it off map and not use it to good effect?
In many situations, the user dies in less than 3 minutes.

And I myself aren't that great in armor.

I guess if there's an armor superstar, then you can just use it rather than ditching it.
Alpha as fuck.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6538|Milkystania, yurop

Nyte wrote:

Ok, depending on the map, you will of course want to ticket bleed the enemy (that is your #1 priority so go cap some flags).

Some maps don't have the luxury of an easy ticket bleed (Karkand... a side must maintain ALL flags to keep the ticket bleed which is unlikely to happen). In this case, the BEST thing to ensure a win is:
1) Cap 1 flag and have a small squad defend it or whatever.
2) Spawn camp a flag that has plenty of people spawning to ensure you are hammering the tickets away faster.

Another scenario is when there is only 1 flag left and everyone is trying to cap it, DON'T TRY TO CAP IT.  Just camp outside the flag and volley the fire in.  This ensures minimal ticket loss on YOUR side while ensuring maximal ticket loss on the other side.

Cheap? Maybe for you.  Effective? Definitely.

Waiting for the -1's from the privates/1stSGT/MstSGT anytime now.
well I would give u -1 karma but ur canadian and u guys crack me up when u say about ;D peace m8
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6662|The Netherlands
Nyte :Waiting for the -1's from the privates/1stSGT/MstSGT anytime now.
well i'm 1 lt. so i give you +1

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-06-26 14:52:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard