notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
Ok, I did a search and found nothing.

I don't think I'm the only one who is having this problem, but is there some trick with the parachute?

I swear, half the time I try to use it, it doesn't open.  Although that's probably a lie because of course I remember the times it doesn't open...I don't remember the times it does.

Anyway, I know to hit 9, I know to wait until your gun or knife or whatever is put away, and I know if you hit something in midair, your chute will close...but what about those times when you jump of a building, tap 9 fifty times, only to fall 100 feet to your death, right at the feet of an enemy.
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6751|I'm worldwide, beotch
I always hit 9 like six times when I'm bailing...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

You may be falling in an enclosed space, for example, between buildings, (you metioned jumping off buildings,) this means that there's simply not enough room for the 'chute to open.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-10 19:14:20)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6776|AUS, Canberra
yeh i just press the fuck out of 9 till the basted opens
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center

Tyferra wrote:

You may be falling in an enclosed space, for example, between buildings, (you metioned jumping off buildings,) this means that there's simply not enough room for the 'chute to open.
does that matter?  does the chute actually take up space?  i just figured it was an animation.  that might be why.

thanks.
CackNBallz
+45|6749|Toronto, Canada
I wait for my gun to lower off the screen, then press the 9 button.  Suave, smooth and works everytime.
thinner44
+1|6815
As most have said..... hit 9 several times... and if you're on the slide (side of mountain), keep hitting it.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6786|Northern VA

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I don't think I'm the only one who is having this problem, but is there some trick with the parachute?

I swear, half the time I try to use it, it doesn't open.  Although that's probably a lie because of course I remember the times it doesn't open...I don't remember the times it does.

Anyway, I know to hit 9, I know to wait until your gun or knife or whatever is put away, and I know if you hit something in midair, your chute will close...but what about those times when you jump of a building, tap 9 fifty times, only to fall 100 feet to your death, right at the feet of an enemy.
You've been recommended for an award!
https://www.bf2idiots.com/parachute.jpg
picasso
+0|6748|belgium
just wait till your gun dissepears, once that happens press like 2 times on your key for parachuting.
BladeRunner
+5|6755|UK

Tyferra wrote:

Nice, dude. You have just answered a big queston of mine...and I didn't even have to ask! Well done, you!
Capt.CupoNoodles
+18|6772|Southampton, PA
Also, I've noticed that if I'm hitting another key while pressing "9" (ie: "w") it takes longer for the chute to open...try letting go of "w" (or whatever), and THEN hit 9...helped (a bit) for me...
Turtle
+7|6763|Boulder, CO

Omnimalice wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

http://www.bf2idiots.com/parachute.jpg
Rofl!
Kamikaze paratropper.

It doesn't open because you're too close to an object. Always take a running leap whenever possible to ensure it opens.
SrAMagistrado
+0|6746
Try holding the 9 button instead of tapping it.  It works.  Honest.
RadeonII
+1|6781

Omnimalice wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

http://www.bf2idiots.com/parachute.jpg
HA HA HA HA HA
Adelphi
+8|6747|Long Island, NY
I just got mine last night.  I was in a PLA chopper when it started takin' heavy fire from a tanks below.  So I pressed 'E' to get out and then hit '9' for the parachute.  I think my total 'chute fall was like 15 sec.  It was very long.  Anyways, i picked up the ribbon for the required 10 sec use of the 'chute.  I think I held '9' down for the 'chute to open.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6826
it's a good idea to rebind your chute key to something closer so you won't be dead by the time you reach across the keyboard to hit 9. works well for jumping off buildings and other short objects where you don't have a lot of time.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6846|UK
I dont understand what the problem is..

Mine works when i am about 1 meter from the ground everytime.. pressed once..

You guys must suck at falling
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819
Some buildings are glitched.. like the one near the mosque on Mashtur.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6846|UK

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Some buildings are glitched.. like the one near the mosque on Mashtur.
True like the Building in the alley on Karkand..   You cant use a chute there either..

I didnt know about the mosque thou. Thanks
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6761|The Netherlands
i made X the button to hit when opening a chute.
1 for infantry the X is not used and its an auto because you use it in vehicles
2 its close to your other fingers so you dont have to cross the entire keyboard so you will hit the button before you hit the ground.
3 you can just run and leap of buildings without loss of time and health for buildings you can jump off without dying

unfortunately sometimes the chute does not open idd
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6787
I remapped my parachute to an extra button on my mouse. it works beautifully now with no hesitation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard