Crawdaddy79
+27|6541
I think I do... I remember when the game first came out, you had to maintain a certain win/loss ratio to earn an award (War College Ribbon I think?  maybe a certain rank?) and I thought that was ridiculous...  How can one player make a difference for his/her whole team?

But after playing the game for a year I've finally noticed that most of the people's stats that show they don't play very well (low K/D ratio, low SPM, etc...) they have a lower win/loss ratio that generally matches that.

Of course it's always possible that you play your best match ever and the rest of your team sucks donkey balls and you still lose - but that seems to be more of an exception than anything else.

Examples

Not good stats, not good win/loss
http://bf2s.com/player/45426949/

Good stats, good win/loss
http://bf2s.com/player/43368685/
ssonrats
+221|6649
Dunno if i do but, on PTG city maps server EVERYONE tries to switch onto the winning team, the sad bastards, i on the other hand don't give a fuck to be honest and my w/l is o.k.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6526
Acutally that "good stats" example wasnt so great. His awards, and rank suck ass. Hes a master sgt meaning he didnt try to get the badges, he still has basics even though he can get veterans of a TON of badges, hes a vehicle whore, and he hasnt played since the patch. The win loss stat is really crap, your skill has nothing to do with it and if your team sucks and your good you still get a loss.

Last edited by N)!(NDarkDragon (2006-06-21 05:10:42)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6535

well...i got 38 kills and 10 deaths yesterday with PKM and we killed em by 123-0 (Karkand) So yeah i guess that round i put a dent in their tickets...
gameaddict
+35|6684|let op drempels
yah in some examples players can make a difference example: ''jet pilot on PLA on wake with the j10 raping the carrier if he can do it the whole round none of the US can leave so almost a auto-win''

Last edited by gameaddict (2006-06-21 05:34:27)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6695|Devon, England
i personally think i do affect my teams win/loss ratio.

many times on maps we have won a round, and i thyink when it is done, "if i hadnt had gotten that flag right the way at the beginning instead of whoring the plane, we may not have won thsi round" and stuff like that.

im not being big headed, but im hardly gonna deny something that i know.
MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6626|Japan
I probably do affect my Teams chances of winning or loosing, mainly because I hardly ever do anything but Snipe..

Which everyone hates.. but meh, it's more rewarding somehow

Last edited by MoonShadow616 (2006-06-21 05:46:03)

l41e
+677|6653

I blow up enemy armor with SRAWs, if you consider that a big help then yes.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6797

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Acutally that "good stats" example wasnt so great. His awards, and rank suck ass. Hes a master sgt meaning he didnt try to get the badges, he still has basics even though he can get veterans of a TON of badges, hes a vehicle whore, and he hasnt played since the patch. The win loss stat is really crap, your skill has nothing to do with it and if your team sucks and your good you still get a loss.
I would disagree - "going for badges" is not being a good team player.  Doing what you're good at and what the team needs - that's what helps your team win.

Win loss stat of 2+ is really crap??  What planet are you on?

200 hours and the guy has maintained a 2+ spm and kdr without being an armour, plane or medic whore.  Even outside vehicles, the guy has a kdr of more than 1.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6685|Dayton, Ohio
I have lost more round while getting the gold medal than I care to remember.  But on the other hand, if I can get one or 2 guys to work with me, my squads tend to be pretty effective at turning the tide.  Primarily because unless I am trying to get a badge, I am willing to work with what ever kit is needed to win.  Hell, on Iron gator, I was on the MEC side and we had lost about 50 tickets before we even got on the Essex.  Once on, my squad capped 3 of the 4 flags we needed and i managed a 2:1 KD while sniping and claymoring the paths the US needed to take to recap the flags.  When my squad needed it I would go Medic and heal everyone and then head out and kill some more guys.  Our SL hung back as support for a good spawn point and defense for us.  We won by over 20 tickets.
Cpt.Crambone
+4|6668|Chi-town, USA
I'd have to agree.  The bottom line is that the actions/behaviors that generate points are the ones that lead to wins.  I think I do help to get the win because I typically emphasize flanking, flag capping, and disruption of the other teams strategies (ok, how often do they strategize??  I just like to mess with 'em.)
voltage
+46|6845|Sweden
When being commander, not otherwise.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6685|Dayton, Ohio
Also remember, to watch your tickets.  I have helped my team win several times by not spqwning in at the very end.  If both sides are under 15 tickets on a 64 man server and you die, do not respawn if you do not have to.  Let you team try to finish it out without using up you last tickets.  Usually the other guys do not pay attentiong and will run out.  I always tell my squad when we are getting close so they don't all respawn and we make sure there are plenty of medics to keep us alive.  Some times not spawning is more important than trying to get in and get 1 or 2 more kills.  If you team can handle it.
g78
+0|6525

Battlefield2Player wrote:

I don't think stats affect how a team performs.  I mean, I've seen some noobs doing really good some rounds.  And there are people with great stats who really suck.  I think it really depends on how you do in that round.  Don't forget about the people who switch to the winning team to achieve a higher win to loss ratio!
I think your right on that. When i first got this game i got 5 of my friend using my account cause it was to buggy to start a new one easely. So basically my learning curve is worse then most people who got to use their account exclusively. Of course at the very beginning i did'nt know about those stats.

Also i see too much Hackers on the game now, (counter-strike anyone?) i take 3/4 of my gaming time just to find a proper server to play on. Sometime i get in one.. and ooo look at that my missile curvs away from his vehicule, witought any moves on my part to make it do that. Or 5 C-4 and the vehicule does'nt even blow up. Or jet firing from the reactor when your following it (third person view mode on to make sure am not imagening things). Mounted machine gun with firepower of a A-10 with no limit range. A APC that control any weapons around him to fire at the same target as him with the same firepower. etc etc... No use to complain about it, good chance the Admin is one of them or they simply wont believe you witought any proof. Anyway... That must boost their stats for sure. Punkbuster is simply not doing a good job for that game.

Also some awards or points does'nt get save, again that change the stats. I remember my air defence badge appeared and disapeared more then 5 time. I even lost more then 5000 point once.

You cant trully estimate one skills in a game with the stats, i see it more like a way to boost the interest in the game itself. winning awards. But as for skills go, better to simply witness by yourself. Witought taking in consideration the badges, awards and stats he gathered.

That being said...
I still dont get it why they only put game recording only on the server side. And why we cant get back into roaming visitor mode in BF2. This is two major tool to have proof on hackers/cheaters/bugs. Fraps is good but a heavy ressources eater. For those with less performant computer it is a problem. Still i can imagine several time where i wished to have a client side recorder. Since most server lock their FTP server from public for the server side recording. OR they unproperly configureated it.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6834
I've got a k/d above 2 and average 20 flag capture/defence points an hour so I'd say I have a decent positive influence on the team outcome. Playing on servers with auto team balance helps to stop any mass migration to the winning team as you can't swap if the other team has more players than yours
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6526

aardfrith wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

I would disagree - "going for badges" is not being a good team player.  Doing what you're good at and what the team needs - that's what helps your team win.

Win loss stat of 2+ is really crap??  What planet are you on?

200 hours and the guy has maintained a 2+ spm and kdr without being an armour, plane or medic whore.  Even outside vehicles, the guy has a kdr of more than 1.
Hmm where to start, either he switches to the winning team all the time or just rapes the hell out of the other team who knows. 79% of his kills are in vehicles. Take that away and you have a CRAPPY player who cant do anything outside of a jet or tank. 1259 kill assists are the most of his few team points he doesnt have many revives, heals, or ressuplys so hes not much of a team player. He only has basic first aid, ressuply, and engineer so he doesnt heal, repair, or ressuply much (though he still needs time for vet ressuply). Team: Kills, Damage, & Vehicle Damage      886 / 341 / 328 I assume he TKs for vehicles ALOT. His win loss stat probably comes from his constant raping with jets and armor that make the tickets go down like lightning. I rest my case.

Last edited by N)!(NDarkDragon (2006-06-21 06:20:33)

sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6537|Denmizzark!!
I would say I do..
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6713
So many factors affect a players stats that It not a viable measure of one player against another.   

On the W/L it depends so much on where and how you play (clan servers or EA servers),  players that play in the same place all the time or on random servers.  Some people have can regularly find the better players to team up with out of all the noobs.

I do think that a single player can be a major factor in a win or a loss, Commander in particular.  If your Kill/Death is lower than 1 you can help your team by finding a support role or distracting the other team while keeping a low profile.

I don't think that win/loss and Kill/death or SPM ratios are as linked as you say.
Itchy_nuts
+11|6550
I try to be a team player! but the bad thing is that all my team mates nuts start itching after awhile so they stop playing with me than i scratch by myself BORING!!!!!
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6630|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Medics make the biggest difference because every person you revive is one fewer ticket your team loses.  A medic with a high team score helps the team the most.
c0N_FusioN
+4|6539|Arnhem, Netherlands

G3|Genius wrote:

Medics make the biggest difference because every person you revive is one fewer ticket your team loses.  A medic with a high team score helps the team the most.
Yeah but when I go medic everyone sis: AH MEDIC WHORE...!! POINT FARMER..

PEople don't respect other classes....
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6682|Middle of nowhere
I don't think i do, simply b/c i don't give to shits about winning or losing... how 'bout having some fun?? And my idea is to go around killing people... so that's what i focus on doing... i don't honestly pay attention to the tickets... i pay attention to the flags though, so if we only have one left, i defend it... so i can continue to have a place to spawn, and kill MORE people
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6563|The real world
Terror and me joined a server, 32 player, we had no pilot/gunner for the heli and lost 2 rounds in a row, next round terror and me in heli, we won 150-0, felt like we wun it for them
Crawdaddy79
+27|6541

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Hmm where to start, either he switches to the winning team all the time or just rapes the hell out of the other team who knows. 79% of his kills are in vehicles. Take that away and you have a CRAPPY player who cant do anything outside of a jet or tank. 1259 kill assists are the most of his few team points he doesnt have many revives, heals, or ressuplys so hes not much of a team player. He only has basic first aid, ressuply, and engineer so he doesnt heal, repair, or ressuply much (though he still needs time for vet ressuply). Team: Kills, Damage, & Vehicle Damage      886 / 341 / 328 I assume he TKs for vehicles ALOT. His win loss stat probably comes from his constant raping with jets and armor that make the tickets go down like lightning. I rest my case.
But his actions still obviously affect his team's outcome.  And saying someone isn't a good player "outside of a tank or X vehicle" is a pretty pointless argument seeing as how tanks are a major part of the game - as well as jets and helicopters.  If you are good in a vehicle, then you are a good player.  If you want to have shooting matches that's what Counterstrike is for.

Obviously OMGAMOOSE isn't the best example but it works.

EDIT:  As far as his teamkills go... There's not much I can say about that.  It could be the result of him practicing with the jet (half of my own teamkills are from my own practice with that thing) but he probably tk's for them fairly often, I agree.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79 (2006-06-21 07:52:32)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6631|Warlord
On a good day, had a few of them recently, hell yeah... when I'm usually within the top five or six places for score (40+ players, 64 players preferred).

Who says snipers don't count?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard