K8Kommunist
+26|6537

{KAOS}DesertWraith wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

Srsly.
Whoever designed the aircraft in BF2 must've been stoned. Every aspect of aircraft avionics and weaponry is simplified, bastardized or cheapened to a ridiculous level. No plane will remain in the air after two strikes from a stinger, there's no way any modern plane would not have an FCC controlling bomb release, you don't need a radar lock to use sidewinders, manuevers half as extreme as the moves most BF2 pilots make would cause blackouts, niether the MiG-29 or F-35B carries 600rounds of cannon ammo, the ROF on the cannon is about a third of what it should be, absence of any form of radar, etc. Goes on and on. I'm not sure why dice decided to re-skin the aircraft from BF1942 and call them modern day...
minus karma to you for being a dumb shit.....  its a GAME, assbandit, use your fuckin head, thats the pile o' crap on top your neck.  There is nothing about the game that is real, i mean gee mines that are so smart both tanks and or people on same side can't trip either of them....well duh.....  the list goes on and on...

FACE it , you are a dumb shit.
Why do dipshits keep quoting this?
"It's a game"
I understand it's a game. Everyone knows it's a game. I'm not contesting that BF2 is a game. BF2 falls under every definition of game imagineable.
Maybe you morons should stop sloganeering and form an actual argument.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6680|Wilmington, DE, US
you're complaining about realism in a game. BF2 doesn't claim to be realistic. World War 2 online claims to be realistic. Go play that if you want realism
K8Kommunist
+26|6537

Ikarti wrote:

omg supply crates can't load tanks ban it.

wake island is bigger that that.
Do you not understand that this is a balance issue? Wake Island's size is insignificant, however aircraft that take no skill to fly 25 feet off the ground pounding every unit available into nothing using it's effectively unlimited cannon ammunition, is a balance issue. Aircraft are imbalanced in BF2 due to EA removing almost all the negative aspects of battlefield aircraft, while leaving their extreme destructive capabilities, even exaggerating it.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6680|Wilmington, DE, US

K8Kommunist wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

omg supply crates can't load tanks ban it.

wake island is bigger that that.
Do you not understand that this is a balance issue? Wake Island's size is insignificant, however aircraft that take no skill to fly 25 feet off the ground pounding every unit available into nothing using it's effectively unlimited cannon ammunition, is a balance issue. Aircraft are imbalanced in BF2 due to EA removing almost all the negative aspects of battlefield aircraft, while leaving their extreme destructive capabilities, even exaggerating it.
If they take no skill to fly, get up there, shoot them down, and stop complaining about balance. Or use AA. So many people who complain about "balance" will never get in AA.
jmbbf1975
+1|6625

K8Kommunist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

Srsly.
Whoever designed the aircraft in BF2 must've been stoned. Every aspect of aircraft avionics and weaponry is simplified, bastardized or cheapened to a ridiculous level. No plane will remain in the air after two strikes from a stinger, there's no way any modern plane would not have an FCC controlling bomb release, you don't need a radar lock to use sidewinders, manuevers half as extreme as the moves most BF2 pilots make would cause blackouts, niether the MiG-29 or F-35B carries 600rounds of cannon ammo, the ROF on the cannon is about a third of what it should be, absence of any form of radar, etc. Goes on and on. I'm not sure why dice decided to re-skin the aircraft from BF1942 and call them modern day...
minus karma to you for being a dumb shit.....  its a GAME, assbandit, use your fuckin head, thats the pile o' crap on top your neck.  There is nothing about the game that is real, i mean gee mines that are so smart both tanks and or people on same side can't trip either of them....well duh.....  the list goes on and on...

"It's a game"
I understand it's a game. Everyone knows it's a game. I'm not contesting that BF2 is a game. BF2 falls under every definition of game imagineable.
Ok, how is this then....  EA wants people to play thier game.  Some people have the MEGA COMPUTER 8000 with 5 gigs of video ram and 9 terabytes or RAM with a screen that's 8 feet by 6 feet.  Others have a Dell 3000 or thereabouts.  I am not trying to talk crap here, just good buisness sense.  Sell a product that ANYONE with a semi-decent computer can play/run.  The company can make more money that way and sell thier little booster packs.  If you want a game that is so realistic and graphics oriented, it's called a free market, design one and sell it.  That way you who complain about this game "sucking" can be happy!!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
if u want realism, play americas army. guns jam, u have to do training. medics have to go through training etc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shadow893
lel
+75|6663|England

moose_rider wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

K8Kommunist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

Srsly.

"It's a game"
why do we keep quoting it?

cos its true

i said it. people agree. hence they quote.
{KAOS}DesertWraith
+14|6617

K8Kommunist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

Srsly.

"It's a game"
then why do dipshits like you keep saying "oh I wish it had this, oh i wish it had that"  fuckin tard, you waqnt all that shit so bad, then step up, use that fuckin little pee brain of yours to become a pilot, learn to fly. join the forces, then you can have all the planes exactly the way they were meant to be.....  UNTIL then stfu with how unreal the game is, these things are added, or changed, and altered from reality to improve gameplay.  You try and flame me and neg karma me yet you keep typing bullshit about how you wish things were and certain way...  Well they're fuckin not, get over it you simpering arse.  Don't like it , go play CS ....oh wait no jets their how'd you like that???  DUH

Last edited by {KAOS}DesertWraith (2006-06-18 12:06:25)

K8Kommunist
+26|6537

jmbbf1975 wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

"It's a game"
Ok, how is this then....  EA wants people to play thier game.  Some people have the MEGA COMPUTER 8000 with 5 gigs of video ram and 9 terabytes or RAM with a screen that's 8 feet by 6 feet.  Others have a Dell 3000 or thereabouts.  I am not trying to talk crap here, just good buisness sense.  Sell a product that ANYONE with a semi-decent computer can play/run.  The company can make more money that way and sell thier little booster packs.  If you want a game that is so realistic and graphics oriented, it's called a free market, design one and sell it.  That way you who complain about this game "sucking" can be happy!!!
It dosen't take more computing power to play a realistic game. America's Army is easier on computers then BF2, and as many have said, is about as realistic infantry simulation as you can buy. No, what it takes is a few minutes research on the part of the game developers and a strong desire to have a balanced game among the coders.
I never said this game sucked, don't put words in my mouth.
K8Kommunist
+26|6537

spawnofthemist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

"It's a game"

cos its true

I find it hard to believe that anyone would disagree that BF2 is a game, therefore I see no possible reason to repeat "BF2 is a game". BF2 is a game, I agree. How is this relevant?
K8Kommunist
+26|6537

then why do dipshits like you keep saying "oh I wish it had this, oh i wish it had that"  fuckin tard, you waqnt all that shit so bad, then step up, use that fuckin little pee brain of yours to become a pilot, learn to fly. join the forces, then you can have all the planes exactly the way they were meant to be.....  UNTIL then stfu with how unreal the game is, these things are added, or changed, and altered from reality to improve gameplay.  You try and flame me and neg karma me yet you keep typing bullshit about how you wish things were and certain way...  Well they're fuckin not, get over it you simpering arse.  Don't like it , go play CS ....oh wait no jets their how'd you like that???  DUH
Sigh, there's always one moronic crusader.
then why do dipshits like you keep saying "oh I wish it had this, oh i wish it had that"  fuckin tard, you waqnt all that shit so bad,
I guess I'm one of the few who enjoys cool features in games?
use that fuckin little pee brain of yours to become a pilot, learn to fly
So because I want realism, extra features, and balance in my games I should go fly a plane? Do you grasp how little sense that makes?
UNTIL then stfu with how unreal the game is, these things are added, or changed, and altered from reality to improve gameplay.
Not really, current "improved gameplay" in this case is worse then how it could be had the developers followed reality.
You try and flame me and neg karma me yet you keep typing bullshit about how you wish things were and certain way...
It's ironic that you're accusing me of flaming when every single one of your posts in this thread is incomphrensible, irrelevant and filled with profanity.
I have yet to give you negative karma, although you gave me negative karma early this morning. If you care about your karma, maybe you should be less of a ranting flamer.
Well they're fuckin not, get over it you simpering arse.  Don't like it , go play CS ....oh wait no jets their how'd you like that???
I am "over" the realism in planes. I just wish that maybe DICE will hear about this somehow and make BF2142 more...sensible.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

K8Kommunist wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

"It's a game"

cos its true

I find it hard to believe that anyone would disagree that BF2 is a game, therefore I see no possible reason to repeat "BF2 is a game". BF2 is a game, I agree. How is this relevant?
you are complaining that the planes aren't realistic..

you want realism.. join the airforce..
you want fun.. play a GAME..

games do NOT need to be realistic

if BF2 was realistic NO ONE would play it..

you'd sign up for an account.. load up a map.. get hit once by a pistol bullet and that'd be the end of your account..

now where would the fun in that be.. its a game.. its not real.. get over it.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6590|Manitowoc, WI
ok, we can stop with people constantly saying that its just a game or that go join the airforce if you want realism.

no matter which side you are on, it is very annoying to read the same thing being said over and over.
??
+32|6570
U have good points EA tries to make it balanced cause if this was real USMC would when by default and all vehicles are make basic not too deep cause tanks can carry 2 types of shells they need 4 guys to operate drive gunner loader and a commander helos need 2 types of missles tank missles like the hell fires and the other ones that you have 32 of jets need more missles and need radar also wtf apache in SF has a radar dome on the top its 3million dollars i think its for radar it prioitises the top most lethal 15 targets they try to keep it far so one vehicle doesnt dominate allcause jets would dominate everything on the map if this was real (If there was ICBM we wouldnt need tanks,apc,helos,jets etc lol imagine the carnage u just got 1million kills and have been promoted to General Of Army)

theres 14 aa on Road Rage and i have no problem taking them out

Last edited by ?? (2006-06-18 18:23:19)

Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6733

spawnofthemist wrote:

its a game.
So? Make it a better game then
K8Kommunist
+26|6537

spawnofthemist wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

cos its true

you are complaining that the planes aren't realistic..

you want realism.. join the airforce..
you want fun.. play a GAME..

games do NOT need to be realistic

if BF2 was realistic NO ONE would play it..

you'd sign up for an account.. load up a map.. get hit once by a pistol bullet and that'd be the end of your account..

now where would the fun in that be.. its a game.. its not real.. get over it.
There are varying degrees of realism. "More realistic" does not entail total realism, ie. hit once by a pistol round and your game account gets terminated. What I am suggesting is just a realistic tinge on what already exists, with results, still far, far away from total realism.
By the way...I don't understand why people assume realism and fun are unrelated. Operation Flashpoint was damn close to total realism, and was insanely, insanely fun. More fun then BF2, easily.
I am proposing more realistic planes as a balance measure. A more realistic flight model along
with weapon tweaks and avionics tweaks(you can't say actual radar in BF2 wouldn't be cool) would make the game more challenging and enjoyable for pilots, and more fair for those on the ground. As it is, an IGLA emplacement is tactically less effective than an F-35B, which is just plain wrong. More realistic planes would return BF2 to the circular foodchain balance system which made BF1942 so great.
To the people who keep giving me negative karma(honestly, I don't understand why they just won't post), I do play a variety of flight simulators along with BF2. It just drives me absolutely mad when I get charged by, and killed by, a J-10 head-on after I pump two stinger missiles into it's engine. Is having no power over aircraft, despite being in an AA emplacement, balance?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6517
As long as we are going to make the jets ultra-realistic...

Lets have guns jam sometimes, and when it does it makes you go to a sub-game where you have to remove the jammed rounds before you can shoot that guy trying to knife you.

And dud grenades.

And sometimes when you are running you trip and fall down!
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6507|Grand Forks, ND
A number of people have pointed out in this thread how other vehicles could have more realism, such as the APC's requiring time to convert to amphibious modes.  While this is true with the Bradley IFV and BMP's, I would like to point out that all of the APC's in the game are fully amphibious from the factory.

As for the originator of this thread, while I too wish the flight mechanics were a little more in depth, you have to accept EA and DICE's goal of making all aspects of the game easy enough that everyone who buys the game will be able to do a passable job at every role in the game.  This offers better chances that the buyer will find something in the game they enjoy, and therefore better chances they will tell their friends to buy the game as well.  I'd say the plan has worked for the most part.

Anyway, while jets are still overpowered, we have been getting closer to balance all the time.  At this point I think all they have to do is increase the lock on distance to max view distance.  As things stand I'm usually able to clear the skies when I first get in my AA vehicle, but once the flyboys figure out where I am they just pull a dive bomb attack on me and there's nothing I can do about it.  This is because any jet in a dive is going fast enough that I will just barely have locked them before they drop their bombs on me, and that's without them having to drop flares.  With the lock on distance extended to the full view distance, I would actually have a 50/50 chance of taking them with me without them dropping flares.

Sure in that case they would be able to just drop flares and still get me, but then there would be a chance that a friendly jet could pounce on them in the pull out and make my death worth something.  Currently, I get about 10 kills, and after that I'm just making the enemy spend 15 seconds more to get their kill and keeping them focused on me while me team *hopefully* takes spawns the jets are no longer defending.
jmbbf1975
+1|6625
Can we end this thread, it's getting pretty lame.  It's Coke vs. Pepsi now...
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6497

moose_rider wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

K8Kommunist
+26|6537

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

As long as we are going to make the jets ultra-realistic...

Lets have guns jam sometimes, and when it does it makes you go to a sub-game where you have to remove the jammed rounds before you can shoot that guy trying to knife you.

And dud grenades.

And sometimes when you are running you trip and fall down!
Sigh...
Where does it say ultra-realistic?
I said, make the jet's realism parallel the realism of the ground troops.
That means, correct weapons loadouts and dumbed down but somewhat realistic avionics, along with proper damage models.
As it stands, the M16 ingame is at least somewhat reminescent of an actual M16, however, the J-10 is no where near it's real-life counterpart in any category, minus appearances.
Main_E_ak
That sky looks like ground...
+6|6520|UK
This thread so far:

Thread Starter - I think the jets are too simplistic

Replies - it's a game / go buy a flight sim / you suck / duh, it's balancing / how about we add [insert realistic feature which would be very annoying] and see what happens

So most of the replies are in fact, spam. No real arguements, a lot of which look like the poster hasn't read the thread either.

To all in the 'it's a game category' - shut up. Yes it's a game. Yes it's unrealistic. The thread starter is pointing out that it could have had that extra touch to make jets more feature-rich and enjoyable. Currently only the helicopters are anything close to complex.

For example:

Would it have hurt Dice to have implemented a proper throttle??? In other words, one that would work as it should do on a joystick.Is that so much to ask? Would it really change anything in regards to balance and jet usage? Probably not. But instead, we get this bastardised crap that is a digital throttle in a modern game.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6659|UK
what i like most is how you can slow the jet right down just so your going about 2mph, shoot down a chopper and then carry on flying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard