KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6679|Dayton, Ohio
The only thing i don't like is the "yes we fixed a bug that is causing crashes but you will have to wait till July for testing"  That could mean August before the problems people are having today, get fixed.  I hope the "Next step" is an incremental to fix the crashes while they work on the rest for Beta Testing.

Last edited by KnowMeByTrailOfDead (2006-06-16 11:18:41)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
wow.. this should finally stop the complainers..

they're givin US the chance to beta test the new patch.. meaning WE'RE the playtesters..

if there's any unnoticed bugs.. WE'LL be to blame..

a good move by EA+DICE to cover their asses..

and +1 to DICE.. they used "Cartillery" in their press release ^_^

edit: changed EA to DICE in final line

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-06-16 11:23:26)

T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan
i nearly had a heartattack when i read "open beta", they just now realzied to do this...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

T0rr3nt wrote:

i nearly had a heartattack when i read "open beta", they just now realzied to do this...
oh, dont worry, it will probably be open for like 34 minutes >.>
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan
touche. ^_^
spawnofthemist
Banned

stryyker wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

oh, dont worry, it will probably be open for like 34 minutes >.>
yeah they'll also change the Marksman and Sharpshooter Infantry medal requirements back to "34 mins IAR on patch 1.4 beta" just to get us to play it
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6555|Oslo, Norway
Yeah! A new map!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
well i'll be damned lol

edit:

btw thanx to the shitbag who left me this, leave a name next time so i can hunt you down and shove a shotgun up your ass
Today 14:03:39 -1 Expected 6/16/06 Community Update omfg wtf are you talking about :S?

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-06-16 11:36:06)

-=5TON3D
+42|6532|u.k
lol i ain't getting excited till i've got my hands on the fucker & tested the ass out of their (so called) bug fixes.
so far they suck at bug fixing & seem to pay more attention to altering the basic's of the game.

as far as the open beta testing goes,even if they do allow loads of public gamers to test it,it dont mean that whatever bugs we do find or things we dislike about any of the changes to the basic's of the game they add or alter will make it into the final release anyway.i remember reading a testers post's on here about whatever patch it was that enabled c4 being picked up,that never made it into the final release & a few other things they changed at the last minute.
more patches just means more alterations we dont need or want & lots of extra new bugs.
would'nt surprise me if they had a new guy in the office that's scared of flying & decides to remove all the aircraft lol,just like the tosser that thaught he'd add vehicle drops cause he thaught it'd be fun to squish snipers.

message to dice.
if your looking for a new lazy fucker to add to your bone idle staff of bf patch makers gimme a ring lol i'll happily sit on my ass all day doin nothing pretending to fix stuff.i think i'd fit in quite nicely lol.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas

I~Love~Mysti wrote:

No no, open beta! Dice is finnaly getting it! YAY! Maybe this will be the patch to solve all problems.
And the rivers will run deep with chocolate milk and gumdrops will rain from the sky!

Solve problems=create new ones.....
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO
this must be the definition that DICE goes by:

a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of one or more problems
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
at least they know about the cartillary
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
={OGC}=Koji_Kondo
+8|6548

FFOLKES wrote:

Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of ‘cartillery’ on game play.
How are you going to do that?
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6677|Denver, CO

={OGC}=Koji_Kondo wrote:

FFOLKES wrote:

Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of ‘cartillery’ on game play.
How are you going to do that?
probably going to make it drop inaccurately, like the supply craet
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6656| United States of America
EA popularity is just like a rollercoaster ! up then down!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

tvmissleman wrote:

road to jalalabad sounds kinda gayish... im on the road to jalalabad!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6760
This has been confirmed thu BF2 Website
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6737|Omaha, Nebraska
What about the red bug?
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

tvmissleman wrote:

road to jalalabad sounds kinda gayish... im on the road to jalalabad!
Its a long lost Hope-Crosby movie.
spawnofthemist
Banned

splixx wrote:

What about the red bug?
i had one of them in my room today..
scared the crap out of me..

so i squished it.
niomosy
+26|6687

spawnofthemist wrote:

wow.. this should finally stop the complainers..

they're givin US the chance to beta test the new patch.. meaning WE'RE the playtesters..

if there's any unnoticed bugs.. WE'LL be to blame..

a good move by EA+DICE to cover their asses..

and +1 to DICE.. they used "Cartillery" in their press release ^_^

edit: changed EA to DICE in final line
You know what's going to happen?  A lot of people aren't going to do it for any number of reasons and we'll probably get a bunch that play but never respond to anything.

(synic off)
spawnofthemist
Banned

niomosy wrote:

You know what's going to happen?  A lot of people aren't going to do it for any number of reasons and we'll probably get a bunch that play but never respond to anything.

(synic off)
its "cynic"....

but spelling aside

you're right.. you'll get all these "omfgihateEAwtfn00bz0rz" idiots who'll "boycott" the open beta because it'll be buggy and it'll ruin their game...
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6735|yorkshire penisula
sweet,should be good i guess,cant get any worse or?
Cohammer
+61|6536
WTF we wont get this patch till like late july, fucking EA u fucking suck!
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6622
Hey EA - My community update to you.........

Suck my balls!
Instead of telling us you are doing something, GET IT DONE and quit tellling me you are doing something!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard