Bravery
+-1|6804
Really don't understand why they didn't do this in the first place. Why not make your character be customizable, you can't change the name of your account after you first make it. It's a game with experience to gain ranks and unlock new weapons... Still really don't understand why they didn't do it. You should've been able to change the characters face, race(usmc), camo paint, etc.
pfcilng
+0|6801|Northern Illinois University
Well I can understand changing the face and race, but the camo should stay the same
Bravery
+-1|6804

pfcilng wrote:

Well I can understand changing the face and race, but the camo should stay the same
Face Camo, not the uniform camo.. "camo paint"
nzjafa
+2|6800
good idea, but they use the general models so there isnt such a load on your computer. if it had to remember a model for your character also the load would probably be huge, and make the game a lot less easy/fun to play for everyone who doesnt have a state of the art computer. that would have been a good addition though
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6789
Dammit I want flourescent orange camo paint NOW!

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6790|United States of America
Joint ops has that, and it runs real smoothly on my comp, bf2 shouldnt be much different. When i first got bf2 i thought that there should be characters to change and such. You kinda want to look different than everyone else, which is great, I love being different.
nzjafa
+2|6800
yeah, true, it would be nice to look different, but how often do you concentrate on what your enemy's face looks like? usually i shoot people from 50 metres or over before they can get too close and at that point they are just black silhouettes. so i don't know if it would make too much difference. not trying to be a downer or anything though! it would still be a nice touch
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6800|Cambridge (UK)

Bravery wrote:

Really don't understand why they didn't do this in the first place. Why not make your character be customizable...
As anyone that reads Edge (uk games mag) regularly will know, they did. Well, that is, they originally had 'visual unlocks' - they had to take them out of the shipped version because of the memory overhead involved. Shame.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6817|The Hague, Holland
Hell yes I whant a WWII helmet with a pack of sigarets strapped to it.
And a big fat bong in my mouth xD
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6790|The Netherlands
what i really would like to see is a flag of your country (under the US/MEC/China flag) and a clan tag
on your suit.
nzjafa
+2|6800
also you'd have to think about what it would look like if you for instance made a hispanic character for US but then got placed on the chinese team. it would look a bit weird.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6855
Just to make you feel unoriginal:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2271

I think its a good idea to increase fun factor of this game. Who wouldnt want to put a little personality into their soldier? Naturally many of the customizing options would only show up if playing on the USMC, (not a lot of black guys in the Chinese Army). But things like face paint, goggles, cigarettes in the helmet, etc should carry over whatever side you're on.

And I do like the clan badge idea, but I'm not sure the country of origin flag on your shoulder would make sense. (American flag patch on an MEC?) Although I guess if someone made their clan tag a flag of some sort, you couldnt do much to stop it.

I know massive multiplayer games pull this off no problem, but I wonder without having large servers constantly running holding all this data, if it would work.
nzjafa
+2|6800
yeah good point. so in a way you would also give your soldier a customised uniform
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6787
MMORPGs have much lower overhead in the first place, so custom charachters on those isnt really a big deal. FPS require much higher framrate/lower ping. i know ill play WoW with 160 ping and not even notice. try playing BF2 with 160 constant.

it would be nice to have a badge or *something* visual to unlock, but i think id take better game preformance over it.

and they had some customization on BF:V, didnt they?
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6855
I've played games back in the day, Like Rainbow Six, that had arm badges you could upload. No performance problems, just took an extra seconds to load the map since you had to load peoples badges too.
chickenmuncher
+2|6785| U.S.A.
badges are a lot different then loading 64 players fully customized players. even longer when people play with high detail, that would just cuase more lag
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6791|Scotland

im adding on this topic. i think u should be able to change your name, so you can move about clans. and just for the fun of it. maybe there is a way of doing this without losing your rank and medals. if there is tell me

Last edited by zimmer92 (2005-11-10 08:18:30)

dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6786|Cohog, RI

zimmer92 wrote:

im adding on this topic. i think u should be able to change your name, so you can move about clans. and just for the fun of it. maybe there is a way of doing this without losing your rank and medals. if there is tell me
Uh just use the tag block in your start up screen.  Unless you are one of those guys who registered his name with the clan tag in it.  The 1.3 update allows use to attach a tag to the front so you can hop around like furry bunnies to whatever clan you want.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6778|Vienna- Austria
jep in BFV u could at last choose dif kinds of the class looking.. but now?
nothing.. there should be a face option and a hat option.. i prefeer a boonie hat more than a basball cap as spec ops
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6791|Scotland

dobbs wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Uh just use the tag block in your start up screen.  Unless you are one of those guys who registered his name with the clan tag in it.  The 1.3 update allows use to attach a tag to the front so you can hop around like furry bunnies to whatever clan you want.
ahh kk. lol i didnt know
TrevorP
+0|6828
Well maybe they could have it so that you can equip yourself with different packs or something...that you EARN maybe??? huh huh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard