Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6830
I think it would be fun it you could tweak your soldier appearance.
I know this sounds kinda Everquesty, but hear me out.

Maybe like you can pick your race (When using USMC, since MEC and Chinese are just going to be specific races, not a lot of black guys in the chinese military, I'm guessing)
Pick from a few different faces and camouflage patterns.
Maybe even have female soldiers (As scandalous as that topic is)

add accesories: Eyeglasses, Protective swat goggles, Cigar, Cigarette, Deck of cards in the helmet, Helmet graphics (Peace Symbol, "Front Towards Enemy", "Born to Kill" etc)

And your selections would stay regardless of what kit you take. (Except Spec Ops and Snipers who obviously dont wear helmets)

I would just like to see the soldiers look a little different from one another. Not a lot, just some subtle differences like I mentioned.

Constructive comments always appreciated.

Last edited by Dizazter (2005-10-07 09:23:56)

r00fus
+2|6802
yeah i've wanted to do this, but unfortunately it would probably mean redesigning the skins completely which ea is probably not willing to do.  Maybe in some sort of mod.
McGruff
+0|6787
Awesome ideal, you think that EA would already have this. All the new Basketball games and what not all have design your own player. You think with the massive multiplayer they would want to give that option.
[RS]Patriot
+0|6791|Brisbane, Austrlia
Yeah i agree but its not like the enemy is gonna notice the difference lol..

I like the idea though.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6785|EUR
Female soldiers...HA!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6792|The Hague, Holland
Yeh, it would be cool to mod your helmut. Or put on some mean ass shades. Its the small things that matter
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6853|Bryan/College Station, TX
Yet again something EPIC did better in UT2004. There you could pick exactly what you wanted as your image. From type, to race to even color. Sometimes I wish the EPIC team would have gone with DICE and developed BF originally. They are simply a superior gaming company in my eyes.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6847|A Small Isle in the Tropics

i donno about this.. i havent played enough of the other FPS games to make a good comment..but i would have thought given the amount of client side resources to play BF2, allowing customised mods would just send machine specs to the roof? i am no techno geek..but that's my perception.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6830

mikeshw wrote:

i donno about this.. i havent played enough of the other FPS games to make a good comment..but i would have thought given the amount of client side resources to play BF2, allowing customised mods would just send machine specs to the roof? i am no techno geek..but that's my perception.
Don't think it should be too bad. Many other games do this same thing, and considering the amount of complex modelling in the game, this would add very little in terms of complexity. Its more of a recoding hassle.
MrSuave
+0|6832
great idea  or Ea should enable to download and change the skins so its like costimizing but no one else can see it (unless server has it) and if they do that it wouldnt effect other people where as if everyone looked different but the person has a weak graphix card and is running minimum setting so his fps is like 9 which would b lame. I kno its like CS but it would make the game better. Also not just player models but also the weapons would be kool too. like have a light saber as the knife but of course the skin wouldnt effect the weapon in the game just only the skin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard