REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6674
I was just wondering why so little people play Euro force??? I want to do Great wall and the other levals but no one plays Euro!! Why?? They are great levals!!! Dont flame me or give me -Karma, just tell me why and i will be happy...

REDRAGON
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6561
IMO its just plain boring....it doesnt give you the same enjoyment/satisfaction of AF.....it just seems one sided whereas the others are multi-dimensional!

GL Andy
REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6674
hmmmm... I will say that almost all the tim all the high ranks go on Euro, but thats when i go to the other team...But really you guys need to give it another go at Euro..LOL
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6632|USA
to be honest...i never bought it. have not bought af either but the reasons are mainly because my pc sucks.  most maps dont play well outside of kardand, sharqi and mashtuur
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY
One thing, EA/DICE were to quick to put out booster packs for the game.  If they would have waited a little longer (even with SF) they may have gotten better sales, and more people to play them.  I think that  3 expension/booster packs when the game is only a year old is to much.
sniper1shot2kills
+4|6548
Because Euro Forces was just another way that EA could bend you over and fuck you in the ass for your money, and a lot of people realized that, which is why no one plays it, sorry I guess you're out of luck with Euro Forces.
REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6674
Well i am still going for my Euro medal wish me luck!!!
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6561

REDRAGON12345 wrote:

Well i am still going for my Euro medal wish me luck!!!
How if nobody else plays? lol

GL Andy
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6620|inside the recesses of your...

sniper1shot2kills wrote:

Because Euro Forces was just another way that EA could bend you over and fuck you in the ass for your money, and a lot of people realized that, which is why no one plays it, sorry I guess you're out of luck with Euro Forces.
I agree.  Also, and this a completely pathetic reason, the name is simply retarded.....I mean "Euro Forces"....that's like Killer Pussycat or the Geriatric Avenger.  It's an oxy moron.

There's only three kits in Euro Forces too:

* Medic - they fix boo boos
* French Chef - smelly dishes neauseate the enemy
* Communications - calls the U.S. for help to save his ass

Kidding aside, Euro was for a certain audience just as AF is for another certain audience and they are diametrically opposed.
Viper38
+118|6671
I love it and I play as often as I can  ... not too many hours yet but I'm working on it (I love the Eurofighter - best plane in the game when you get used to it)
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Euro Forces is superb....and why is it not liked much? Because it doesnt have Karkand. It doesnt have massive nade whoring fights. It actually has an element to the game that is challenging and fun.

At the end of the day, what does everyone in BF2 do? Medic/Tank whore on karkand. Yet AF has kicked off with a massive boom - it appears to be really popular. Despite it being on the same basis as EF - with no real Infantry/City maps, its more popular. Why? Who knows. Probably because American stuff sells - European stuff doesnt.

Ive got my medal for it, and damn proud of it too. There arent many people who can say that theyve got it.
If EF had a few more additions (see other topics), then it would be perfect.

And all this rubbish about "o, its not worth the money" .... IT IS £5. How the hell can anyone say they got a loss when they buy an expansion pack for £5? Its not a huge loss. Infact, its not even a loss. Unless you are a tramp living on a street corner who somehow has a laptop and high speed internet connection.
Grow up, and get out of that repetitive, boring Karkand. I can spell a round out now. 10mins of nade and claymore whoring, 1 flag falls at the back, the rest follow. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
no credit card ..
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
could be is difficult to achieve high scores at EF maps. at karkand any idiot is cappable or doing 50+ points.
many people also like to play as infantry only and at EF maps they always get tank/plane/chopper whored.
im going to for my euro medal so the legions of karkand-only dorks can kiss my arze !!!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

If thats the case, then why is AF loved so much? Thats not exaclty an Infantry friendly mod...
twood375
+16|6649|Washington, D.C.

sniper1shot2kills wrote:

hahaha true
[LRDG] Ed
Watch out for that claymore!
+32|6593|UK
Its just not as much fun!
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land

REDRAGON12345 wrote:

I was just wondering why so little people play Euro force???
I don't have a computer
bigp66
+63|6549|memphfrica-memphis,TN

Viper38 wrote:

I love it and I play as often as I can  ... not too many hours yet but I'm working on it (I love the Eurofighter - best plane in the game when you get used to it)
that plane sucks
FurryJello
+1|6737|OK
I found with EF that I get killed excessively from planes, chopters, and tanks.  I like to play infantry more than I do like to play with vehicles.  I however do love the Great Wall map.  I think it is right up there with Karkand.  It can have some intense infantry battles on the wall.  I found that I like AF more than EF because of the cover they have provided around the flags.  You stand a chance of getting away, hiding, or killing the person in a vehicle.

PS:  I love that this forum has a spell check.

Last edited by FurryJello (2006-06-16 09:09:31)

Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Well, some of the maps give really not assurance of safety. Like Tabara Quarry, if you're infantry well then you're screwed because there are a lot of tanks. If you're in a vehicle or tank, watch out for the bombers. If you are a jet, well watch out for the AA. Jets have it the easiest if they can evade the mobile AA and kill it often.

Great Wall is the best ground map ever. The walls give infantry an edge over tanks, which usually dominate on all maps. Mines can pretty much keep any armored convey from entering the fortress, unless someone is willing to take one for the team and drive over them. Getting out and removing enemy mines can be risky, so basically the tanks are just sitting on the other side of the wall while they try and kill stuff.

All I have to say though is that EF didn't deliver well. Its presentation as a new European Army got plenty of people shook up for it, but when people played the EU, they didn't get the impression it was really European. A lot of people laughed at the EF. I know a lot of people who won't buy EF because (not to offend anyone) they think Europeans are pussies. So it's an American thing, which is wrong and shallow. I personally like the Euroforces, and I'm glad we have allies like them. If ever BF2 were to become true, I wouldn't have it any other way, so I just feel proud when I play EF that's all.

So you got folks like me and others who are pleased with EF, but a lot of us want more. Like Snake said, it isn't much money. If you don't like it, it's not like you are flushing a bunch of money down the poop pot. Give it a try. Yea, there are some things you are going to dislike, or even hate, in Euro Forces, but there is also a lot you're just going to love. It's with all maps.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
Actually, for the past few days all I've been playing is EF.  I got my North American Service ribbon, so no need to keep playing AF even though it is pretty entertaining.  Now I'm going after the EU Service Medal.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Looks like the NA service ribbon is 25 hours correct?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Yep.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6526|dunno
damnit no body ever plays euro force that was a wast of money
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Yep.
Cool, 3 more hours away :d

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard