TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6856|-
Okay, so I shoot at this guy with the M203 and miss, he then kills me. This guy has been complaining about me noob tubbing all game, even when I never really use it and I'm not that good with it, which is obvious since I missed him right there. He proceeds to say "Your noob tube failed you ". And while he was typing this someone revived me, so I went up and knifed him and said "my knife didn't". Ohhhhh was he pissed

https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3281/screen0186hs.jpg

Ahhh that made my day
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6771|Austin TX
while i appreciate your story-nothing like knife revenge-  i hate when ppl use the noob tube all the time.  i especially hate when i rush them and they shoot me from inches away, killing me, and leaving themselves without a scratch.  i use nade launchers too, but i definatly think it can easily be exploited.

*nice screenie to show for it *

Last edited by Kr3G (2005-11-08 15:15:14)

(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6778
very nice indeed!! 
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6754|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
I don't mind being blown up by the "NoobTube" but what gets me is when someone uses it at point blank and then bounces off down the map. Its the same with Anti tank weapons. I reckon the way around alot of this noob tube lark is with arming ranges for them, like in real life. 20 meter arming range, so if lunatic does fire one at his feet it won't go off (might brake his foot when it hits) This idea would cut alot of nube tubes incidents down and people will have to use them at range.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6856|-
I most often use the tube at long range, and I'm getting pretty good with it that way. I don't think you can call it a noob tube then. I agree about shooting it three feet in front of you and not dying is bullshit, that's why I try not to do it.

Oh and the moral of this story is, don't face a wall and type during a game.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Okay, so I shoot at this guy with the M203 and miss, he then kills me. This guy has been complaining about me noob tubbing all game, even when I never really use it and I'm not that good with it, which is obvious since I missed him right there. He proceeds to say "Your noob tube failed you ". And while he was typing this someone revived me, so I went up and knifed him and said "my knife didn't". Ohhhhh was he pissed

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3281/screen0186hs.jpg

Ahhh that made my day
speaking of which....i downloaded from the bf2s server when we were mucking around at karkand the othr night.......its a funny sight to see you bunny hopping and noob tubing all over the place!!

worst was when you got stabed then i tried to avenge your death with the tube...missed and got stabbed also.....
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6775|Trondheim, Norway
priceless!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6856|-

the_heart_attack wrote:

worst was when you got stabed then i tried to avenge your death with the tube...missed and got stabbed also.....
Haha, that was damn funny.
THA
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra
also was funny when your SPAWN CAMPING me at the second flag.... you knife me but because the spawn time was so low i came back to life before you had time to turn around and jackhammered your ass
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6856|-

the_heart_attack wrote:

also was funny when your SPAWN CAMPING me at the second flag.... you knife me but because the spawn time was so low i came back to life before you had time to turn around and jackhammered your ass
lol, good thing that wasn't a ranked server
THA
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra
theres one stage there were we must have been bored as you and me are standing toe to toe knifing each other for about 5 mins!
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6790
That was awesome Trigger. Well done sir.

And personally, I don't see what the big deal is with the noob toob.  There's a lot of ways to one shot kill someone in this game... For example, I don't hear people complaining about anti-tank and you can practically snipe half-way across the map with it.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6753|The Island of Carls Jr.
It shouldnt be possible to shoot those launchers at point-blank becouse i remember hearing from the America's Army game that 40mms have a mechanism that makes it exposive ONLY at e certain distance/amount of time
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6764|NH - USA
Good story - I love happy endings! 
thinner44
+1|6818
Nice revenge kill . I often get killed with the 'n' tube, so I just think it's a big stick, I'll come back with a bigger stick, that usually works too ... As for 'facing the wall to type' ... Guilty of that as well "ha ha, so you think you're quicker" blanketban*DEAD* oops ... It's all good fun though
SargeX_au
+29|6761
If i get spawn killed on karkand with the launcher, then i hunt that person down with my launcher, its just something that i have to do and i will not be satisfied tiill i kill them.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

Bubkin wrote:

That was awesome Trigger. Well done sir.

And personally, I don't see what the big deal is with the noob toob.  There's a lot of ways to one shot kill someone in this game... For example, I don't hear people complaining about anti-tank and you can practically snipe half-way across the map with it.
yeah, but it's not hard to dodge AT rockets, plus you might kill the guy first.

example:

playerB runs around corner, comes 2 meters infront of playerA. two seconds, playerB is dead by M203, nothing he could do.

playerB turns a corner halfway across the map, stands and aims at playerA. playerA fires rocket, halfway thru rocket flight playerB headshots/kills playerA, goes prone and the rocket flies over.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6764
I use the genade lanucher, and have no problem with it used correctly.  For example, stairwells.  Thier is nothing better to use for attacking or defending a stairway than the GL.  Similar to running up to a building you know hostiles are in.  Put a genade through the window (can be some times done with standard grendades).

Personaly the problem I see are hope lanuchers.  people who bunny hop or dolphin dive accross a map using greade lanuchers in thier dance o doom.

But knives always make things better.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6790

yes, its annoying.  shouldn't be called a noob tube cause some of the most experienced players use it.  also, consider that its not all that easy to use...takes some practice. 

i have no problem with people using it.  players should use whatever tools are at their disposal to win. I just hope ea fixes it cause it really is annoying and it makes the game look a little silly.  i know this isn't supposed to be a realistic game but let's maintain some resemblence to a battlefield.  until then, loob tube and be merry.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6847|government yard in trenchtown.

SargeX_au wrote:

If i get spawn killed on karkand with the launcher, then i hunt that person down with my launcher, its just something that i have to do and i will not be satisfied tiill i kill them.
I think I can say you're a damn noob tuber if you have more Launcher kills than with Assault Rifles..
That at least is a good reason to call you names.
I mean, even _I_ think I'm a noob tuber, although I have less than 1 Launcher kill to every 3 Rifle kills.

They don't bother me unless they use it a feet away.
For the AT-rocket-infantry-user Quake-fanatics, I think they're funny It's fun to kill them (like someone said) before the rocket hits you and then go prone or jump over it like it's a jumping rope ;P
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6791|The Hague, Holland

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3281/screen0186hs.jpg

Ahhh that made my day
What did he said after that?
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6779|Canada, Ont
I usually do Karkand as a Medic or Noob Tube.

I never heard anyone Complain but sometimes I rack up to 25-30 Kills in a Round all From the Grenade Launcher... Nobody seems to mind anymore, Since talking shit doesn't Stop The Shit.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6816
Hmm very nice. There's nothing like fresh, quick, enemy-humiliating revenge
Once I got sniped three or more times by the same guy at mashtuur city, I saw him but he was always healed by a medic, and it wasn't my 1 shot, 1 kill day. The sniper guy was like "LOL owned" everytime he got me, so I respawned as a medic, sneaked up their building and shockpaddled both of them. What a relief...
ArkAng37
+1|6853|San Antonio, TX
I was playing on a 16 man server last night and I was on the US team and some guy on the MEC team complains how this server is suck a tank noob server. Cuz he was tiered of losing cause the US uses tanks. Well I tell him that he needs to STFU, the MEC team has a tank. They could use it I told him and that its not hard to deffend the first flag. Use mines, c4, arty (didnt have a commander) and AA. He didnt say a damn thing after that! But I hate it when noobs complain about shit liket that and they have everything they need to win infront of them.
BladeRunner
+5|6757|UK
How does being good at killing with a weapon make you a N00B?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard