Speelbal
+146|6754|Netherlands
..Seems an easy way to clarify why you are losing. I'll tell you guys a story wich -i'm sure- will sound you very familiar.

Once I  was playing Strike at Karkand. I find myself commandeering - MEC -all these nice and friendly people. After a while, when they got behind the first line of defense - Hotel - they broke trough and captured the factory. As everyone knows, the factory is the spawnpoint where tank and APC lamers go to. Thus we had no armored vehicles. You can imagine that MEC is lost without the factory. What does everyone do? Yes. Blame the commander. Calling him names, teamkilling him and casting mutiny votes seems to please my team. It also seems if you do all this the game can be won afterall. Weird, in my opinion it's a lost game when the factory is capped by enemy forces.
Nevertheless, I decide to commandeer those 'nice and friendly' MEC blokes once again. I persuade them to defend the Hotel and kill everyone "first" that is breaking trough our line of defense. It seems to go better when people know that enemies breaking trough are the most important ones to eliminate.

I can't figure out why people want to cast a mutiny vote against a commander who tells them what to do, not only by those silly "Attack this position" and "Defend this location" taunts, but also by typing messages containing what's the best thing for the team, squad, person etc. When commander assets get destroyed, I repair them with supplies or manually. Fighting along with the team when necissary seems to be a stupid thing to do too. Having no commander toys to use isn't a reason to "play" along.

Finally, can someone tell me why people sometimes are so frustrated on their commander when they lose?
I always tell them: "Don't be a bitch and listen to what I say because I know best." And isn't that true? A commander can see everything. Atleast that's what I remember.
Just, don't blame your commander if you haven't got the skills and know-how of playing this game.

My regards go to the following people:

"Shut the fuck up commander"
"COMMANDER YOU FUCK"
"Vote yes!!!!!!!!!111111111111"
"It is always the commander's fault!"   (For real!)
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6757

You can never escape the idiots that plague the world...unless we kill everybody (just kidding)
Turtle
+7|6759|Boulder, CO
I was playing a server once as command and doing a fine job, but no one on my team was making any progress even though I would clear the way with arty and uav while they tried to cap, they just sucked. So ppl kept voting mutiny until I argued my case enough that ppl agreed, "we just suck".
On a side note, if I know I'm going to be commander, I'll stick close to my back base or equipment. I'm pretty handy with a gun and I can usually stop a few commandos from breaking my lines, if you keep on top of your scans they make an easy target.
On another side note... why don't scans freaking complete if you close the command map!?! Sooo many times I've dropped to do a scan and then I start getting shot at, so I have to close the menu and defend myself. You open it back up and see no red dots and have to wait for the next scan... :-/
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

Most commanders are not very bright people   I'll follow orders if they -make sense- and they aren't suicide missions, or on the other side of the map.  I can't count how many times I've been told to move from one side of the map to the other ON FOOT to 'defend' a position.
r00fus
+2|6794
well you've got to remember that he might not be asking you to defend it personally, but your whole squad could be around there in armor or something.
dsb
+0|6779
EDIT: Not sure why I quoted beeng, so i erased that part

I know most people command as Engy so they can repair any toys that get blown up.  I always use AT lately though.  I scan regularly and spot enemies trying to sneak towards my toys - usually for myself.  The AT comes in handy when it's an APC or Jeep charge.  I lose a few toys now and then, but I've NEVER been so overrun that I lost all my toys and/or the control point.  If my main base is being hit hard, I'll UAV the area.  People will generally spawn back at the main base to help out when they see how much trouble it's in.

UPDATE: Also, I'll rarely give orders.  Most people don't follow them anyway.  Instead I'll keep tabs on where the important fights are and just give the most support to those areas.

Last edited by dsb (2005-11-08 09:52:52)

[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6752|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
I guess I've got the opposite problem...commanders on Karkhole who decide that they can fight and command concurrently. Maybe some do, but when they fail to issue orders and they fail to defend/repair their equipment, then criticize the team...hmmmm...

I'll follow what a commander says and rarely will I mutiny, but if you're a complete waste of flesh, I'll do my own thing, in the squad, with the other sqaudmates as I like the team aspect very much...

Last edited by [1stSSF]=Nuka= (2005-11-08 10:05:00)

<eN>Madcat
+2|6843
i hear this in servers all the time, omg the commanders a n00b... omg the commander made us lose.
BladeRunner
+5|6750|UK
I find the most lame are thos who try to mutiny right at the end of the round when their team's won. It's pathetic, trying to double their points. Pi11oks
KillerAFET
+3|6782|Abilene, Texas

[1stSSF]=Nuka= wrote:

I guess I've got the opposite problem...commanders on Karkhole who decide that they can fight and command concurrently. Maybe some do, but when they fail to issue orders and they fail to defend/repair their equipment, then criticize the team...hmmmm...

I'll follow what a commander says and rarely will I mutiny, but if you're a complete waste of flesh, I'll do my own thing, in the squad, with the other sqaudmates as I like the team aspect very much...
I'll second this thought.  commanders who fight are of no use to the team.  They cannot lend aid when dead or in a fire fight so when I'm in that situation I switch sides.  Many folks have their vote option disabled so the mutiny rarely works.  No use losing your life when you have no UAV or scan support because the commander is dead on the side of the road.
dsb
+0|6779
One of my least favorite commander moves is when the commander resigns once one or two toys are blown up.  I've spent entire rounds trying to protect my assets and lost the match just b/c I couldn't get with the principle of "abandoning my post" just b/c it was hard.
General_Nuts
+1|6772
Ive had rounds where ive tried my best as commander, but no squads would follow orders, and we lost every single spawn.  It's so frustrating to spot a single enemy taking a spawn point, but no one will go defend it.  When i get games like that, i will just resign and leave, the game isnt any fun at all without some form of teamwork.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard