MoChief
+67|6598
I'll admit it, I loves the transports.  When I look at a spawn point possibility, I'm looking for an empty tranny.  When I think about it, what is not to love about these vehicles?  They get you from A to B in quick fashion, take bullets when being fired at, and offer a completely awesome 50 cal machine gun.

Why more of you don't use them, I don't know.

My stats show 4700 kills so far.  It's not the highest I've found but certainly up there (hey chuy... where's my "rate stats by transport kills" button?)   As noted yesterday in my AT Mine post, there may be some of those kills that came from mines I planted before hopping in a vehicle.  But regardless, I get mucho kills from the 50 cal.  And let's not forget more than a few bad guys have found themselves under my tires. 

Not only are they good for infantry kills, but ask any helo pilot what they hate most.... and it will probably be the 50 cal on a transport (perhaps the 50 cal is 2nd hated to the proverbial idiot gunner that infects many helo duets?). 

And lastly, while you guys are pounding away at Mashtuur, I've been known to get a little nookie with the locals in the back end of a Vodnik.  A little R& R never hurts, no?

Ok, but when I'm not making out with the mashtuur hussies, where are the best spots to go for scoring of a different sort?  Here's a rundown of a few of my favorite transport hunting grounds:

1.  At Mashtuur... If we own the mosque and enemy has both the hill and backyard:  Go around to the back entrance of the backyard.  Why?  Enemies mostly look toward the enemy spawn point... you'll be positioned between two enemy spawns and won't be noticed right off.  Plow down the spawning enemy of the backyard that are inevitably looking toward the mosque for fire.

2.  At Mashtuur... Enemy owns the hotel and we have the hill.  Get in tranny and drive toward the hotel... but go to the right of the fence into the weeds on the hill.  You'll be far enough away that you will be tough to spot by snipers there... so aim the 50 cal at the field, the stairway, the roof.  This is an easy way to get 5 kills.

3.  On Sharqi... spawn at the alleyway.  If enemy has the surveillance post area, round the corner and aim up at that spawn.  People spawning there are usually looking toward the city entrance or hotel.  Watchout for the HJ-8.  They'll catch on before long and nail you with it.  Hopefully not before you got a number of kills.  At the first alarm of incoming TOW or AT.... bail out.

4.  At Oman.  Spawn at hotel (when you're USMC) with FAV/DPV and head to MEC airbase.  Take a tire to the numbskulls waiting for the SU-34.  Drive fast.  Drive swirvey.  You can stop to get them with the 50 cal but more often than not, that's when you'll get sniped.  And then drive to the helipad and repeat same.  Sometimes I'll spawn as sniper, drive to MEC airbase and plant a claymore right at the AA post to keep that inactive for a while.  (It's even better if there's a gunner at AA and he doesn't notice right away.... hilarity ensues).

5.  Karkand... tough one here.  There are too many APCs & tanks that will eat your lunch.  And since there are tanks & apcs.... there are a ton of anti tank kits ready to take you out as well.  Transports have some possibilities but are usually shortlived.  Go for a flank position, otherwise you'll take an Eryx on the chin in quick fashion.

I suggest being an engineer when playing transport for 3 reasons.  First.... keep your transport at full health.  This will save you when you get hit by Eryx as you'll still have a few bars of transport health left.   Secondly, after you drive to an enemy spawn and need to dismount, ALWAYS place a mine at your vehicle.  If you are killed capping the flag, the enemy almost always wants to hop in your vehicle.  And that's when they find your little going away present.  Lastly, your friendly tank drivers love a fix up... drive up next to them and keep 'em happy.

Lastly, keep in mind a few pros and cons of each vehicle:

1.  DPV - These are fast but piss me off because they don't have full 360 range on 50 cal.
2.  FAV - Full swivel.  MoChief is very happy with this speed demon.
3.  Vodnik - Faster than a Hummer.... but not as much armor.
4.  Hummer - Slower than Vodnik... but will take an Eryx and keep on going.
5.  NJ2046 - Uh... I don't get in these much.  Close to a Vodnik last I recall.

And that's all I have to say about Transports for now.  Enjoy.  Thanks for allowing me to get that off my chest... now let me go put some more tires on someone elses.
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6639

MoChief wrote:

ask any helo pilot what they hate most.... and it will probably be the 50 cal on a transport
Actually I hate AA's more...
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6817|Delaware

[UK]Blazing.Armour wrote:

MoChief wrote:

ask any helo pilot what they hate most.... and it will probably be the 50 cal on a transport
Actually I hate AA's more...
You can't flare a hummer bud Trust me, you don't hate AA more.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6559|British Columbia, Canada
I love the DPVs on wake, i dont even use the 50 cal on someone unless theres like a heli right infront of me, i just go Medic and run ppl over... Nothing wrong with some squishy squishy...
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6621|Birmingham, UK
50 cal.s are the worst...I have so many more kills with a 50 cal. rather than with AA.
Not
Great success!
+216|6573|Chandler, AZ

MoChief wrote:

When I look at a spawn point possibility, I'm looking for an empty tranny.
A good place to look for those is San Francisco...

Last edited by Not (2006-06-13 11:19:26)

tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6735|Pakistan/England

Not wrote:

MoChief wrote:

When I look at a spawn point possibility, I'm looking for an empty tranny.
A good place to look for those is San Francisco...
LMAO
MoChief
+67|6598

TheDarkRaven wrote:

50 cal.s are the worst...I have so many more kills with a 50 cal. rather than with AA.
Same here.... I have probably 10 kills of helo with 50 cal for every 1 AA kill.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6643
i love transport n all! jeeps FTW
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689

MoChief wrote:

...I'm looking for an empty tranny...
LOL, I don't know if you will find any here HAHAHA .

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-06-13 11:24:37)

Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6750
Yeehaw for transports.  My fav vehicles as well.  When I got my Vet Transport badge in March, it was the rarest thing I owned, there were only 1,000 other people who had it.  Very useful!
I'm with you too, I wish the gunner seat on buggy swung 360.  Just makes you a better driver.
Not
Great success!
+216|6573|Chandler, AZ
Oh yeah, right, a relevant comment to the original post...I'm on it.

Yeah I agree, the 50 cal is my worst enemy when I'm piloting a chopper. If I'm really lucky I'll have my usual gunner with me in teamspeak and I can call out the position, but 90% of the time if it's a random gunner, he can't seem to find the vehicle no matter how hard I try to position him to make it obvious. At least with AA on most maps I know where to exit and when to flare to avoid them. A Vodnik can be sneaky about it...although...so can an AA vehicle on the maps they're provided. Thank god those only have about a 300m range or so.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6725|Louisiana
Transports are my most-used vehicles - I have more kills in transports than in tanks They're absolutely vital for China at the beginning of the round on Wake. Put a couple of transports on the northern and southern tips of the island and nothing will get by, and you can also fire randomly into the arty island, which is annoying as shit for USMC players spawning there. I've had the enemy commander target me with arty many times while I'm doing this, but the solution is really simple - watch the arty pieces, and if they turn towards you and start firing, get out of there and come back once it's over
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6725|Louisiana

Not wrote:

Thank god those only have about a 300m range or so.
The .50 cals have an EXTREMELY long range if you lead correctly. If you can see a target, you can hit it with the .50 cal.
bubbass
humble
+61|6565

xintegrityx wrote:

The .50 cals have an EXTREMELY long range if you lead correctly. If you can see a target, you can hit it with the .50 cal.
That's what makes it so annoying for helos.
comet241
+164|6761|Normal, IL
coming from a guy with over 160 hours in an attack chopper, i say you hit it right on when you say that jeeps are my  (and other chopper pilots) worst fear. aa is easy, drop flares and fire, or get below his range or put something betwixt you, not that hard to defeat aa.... but that damn jeep...... i bet you're the cause of my constant swearing every time i get shot down by a jeep.... very good post, i agree with everything you say and only recently have i discovered the awesomeness of the transports. +1
Speelbal
+146|6748|Netherlands
What I find weird....your fav vehicle is Aviator.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6706
On Wake People always go down the hills twards the water to get away the tank guns witch makes them easy kills when you drive down onto the beach below them and man the .50 cal.   You can get whole squads this way because they will most likely be lying down and watching for the tank.
MoChief
+67|6598

Speelbal wrote:

What I find weird....your fav vehicle is Aviator.
I guess I'd write an entry about being a plane whore except my stats are ok... but aren't that great in plane.  And plane whores are a dime a dozen.  4700 kills in transport is more of a rare sight and made for a better entry.
C.Schaffer
+19|6595|Sweden
haha lol
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6830
I like shooting those transports when I'm flying a jet. Nice target practice.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-06-13 12:04:27)

mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6701|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

MoChief wrote:

I'm looking for an empty tranny.
I beleive PolarBearz is free for use.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6706

xintegrityx wrote:

Transports are my most-used vehicles - I have more kills in transports than in tanks They're absolutely vital for China at the beginning of the round on Wake. Put a couple of transports on the northern and southern tips of the island and nothing will get by, and you can also fire randomly into the arty island, which is annoying as shit for USMC players spawning there. I've had the enemy commander target me with arty many times while I'm doing this, but the solution is really simple - watch the arty pieces, and if they turn towards you and start firing, get out of there and come back once it's over
You can use the bunkers on each side of the island to escape the artillery  and attack chopper just drive one jeep down to the beach head and use it on boats and hellies, just don't use it next to the jeep that spawns there that way if one gets damaged you have another to work with.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6648
Nice stuff, I like cruising around in transports from time to time as well...
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6750

MoChief wrote:

4700 kills in transport is more of a rare sight and made for a better entry.
That IS awesome, I wonder where that ranks globally?
Anyone know how to pull up more ranks like that?  Driver points, ranking for revives, flag caps, etc?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard