Sgt.Gene
+215|6760
i was wondering now that PB started banning that maybe i will get banned? because like a month and a half ago i was screwing around with a multi hack(one of the free crappy ones) and i got kicked for 2 minutes. now if in fact i get banned from playing it bans cd key right??? and if my cd key gets banned cant i return the game to the store and get a new one with a new cd key?? or will they ban like my name?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6756|San Antonio, Texas
They can ban your hardware. Be wary.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6760
ban what? like my modem?

seriously i only got kicked once its not like iam actually a cheater i was just messing around... and by the way if punkbuster is banning everyone who has gotten a punkbuster error thing that means they ban all because i remember for like 2 days no one could sign on bf2 because everyone got pb error

Last edited by Sgt.Gene (2005-11-07 18:50:41)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6843|Australia
You shouldent use cheats on any server for any reason! if you really wanted to play around maybe you should have used single player!
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6764|Canader , eh?
personaly i hate people who cheat (ex. i knifed the same guy 10 times and still didnt get a kill)

SCREW THE CHEATERS!!!!!!!

https://www.bf2s.com/player/48065116/sig.png
https://www.bf2s.com/player/48065116/awards.jpg

Last edited by [N.B]canadiannnn (2005-11-07 22:40:45)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6844|"Frisco"

Sgt.Gene wrote:

and if my cd key gets banned cant i return the game to the store and get a new one with a new cd key?? or will they ban like my name?
No store on this planet accepts returned software. If they do, please send me their physical address so I can use them to pirate tons of software. Thanks.

They can ban you based on what is called a PB GUID. Not sure what it stands for, but it is essentially a anonymous fingerprint of your machine. The GUID is fairly reliable, but not fool proof. Circumventing it would likely require some serious hacking, or a serious change to your system configuration (think "new motherboard").

They will also ban you on CD key.

And likely EA will step in at some point and delete the account.

Basically, if you hacked at any point you broke the EULA and you are now responsible for the consequences. I do NOT want to hear you whinning about it being "just the one time". You knew full well "just the one time" that you were doing something bad, and no, ignorance of that fact is neither a valid excuse, nor is it plausible.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6747|Derby, England
Think GUID stands for globally unique identifier. From my distant days of computer support, a GUID is made up of various information from your hardware, the most pertinent being the unique number on your network card (MAC).

I would have thought that banning a CD key would be most effective, as this renders the copy inert for multiplayer games. As for getting a new CD key when you old one was banned? What would be the point of banning you? If you speed on the roads, it's a gamble whether you get a ticket. If you cheat you should expect to be penalised.

I guess that one mistake will cost you $30 for a new CD if you get banned.
thinner44
+1|6806
The problem with EULA is, how many people actually read the whole thing, I know I didn't, but I also knew somewhere in it, there would have been some clause with regards to 'modifying' the program (for modifying, please insert hack). Whether you've done it just as a 'looksee' doesn't matter, it (PB/EA) doesn't actually know the difference and therefore 'rightly' so, will ban your CD key and other identifying features.

In short, don't do it... at all, ever, or as Chuy says "if you hacked at any point you broke the EULA and you are now responsible for the consequences".
nuttydave
+-3|6742|Bristol UK
I Hope You Get Banned And Learn Your Lesson Cheaters Are The Scurge Of Online Gaming I Also Hope They Got Your Password And Id Or Even Better Your Cd Key

scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nuttydave (2005-11-07 23:35:51)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6844|"Frisco"

nuttydave wrote:

I Hope You Get Banned And Learn Your Lesson Cheaters Are The Scurge Of Online Gaming I Also Hope They Got Your Password And Id Or Even Better Your Cd Key

Calm down there, cowboy. He's not a full blown, everything-and-your-mom hacking cheater. He made the mistake of doing it once. Suck, and he may have to pay for it, but let's not get all excited over that.
dsb
+0|6774

thinner44 wrote:

The problem with EULA is, how many people actually read the whole thing, I know I didn't
I'm not trying to take a shot at you, but I don't personally think that "i didn't read it" is a viable defense.  If you (again not you personally) accepted it, then that's all that matters.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

chuyskywalker wrote:

No store on this planet accepts returned software. If they do, please send me their physical address so I can use them to pirate tons of software. Thanks.
Any shop in Panthip Plaza, Phetburi Road, Bangkok 10520. Then again, your plan will fail because they're the ones pirating the software . You could buy six copies of BF2 for 30 bucks. Even a real version of BF2 for a little over10 bucks. And I'm sure you could buy a leaked/fake version of Special Forces in a few days.

but back on topic..

MAC Addresses are easy to change, Mobo Serial Numbers aren't. They prolly also use your general serial number that gets redone when you reformat.
thinner44
+1|6806

dsb wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

The problem with EULA is, how many people actually read the whole thing, I know I didn't
I'm not trying to take a shot at you, but I don't personally think that "i didn't read it" is a viable defense.  If you (again not you personally) accepted it, then that's all that matters.
No problem, I know you didn't mean it as personal . I sometimes think though, that companies make the EULA so long and small print, that half of us just don't bother. You are of course quite right, just saying 'I didn't read it', is no defence. But my original point probably got lost in the message. Whether you read the EULA or not, there's no excuse for cheating

pssst, take a shot at me anyway, most people have been doing today... I think I've been running around with a flashing neon sign on my back...... blanketban gets slaughtered
Sgt.Gene
+215|6760

nuttydave wrote:

dude i never even got to use them...(jackass) i was in the game for like a second. also it makes me feel better i got kicked anyways because atleast i know PB is doing their job
nating75
+0|6773
Let's get some things straight.

GUID -> Is a unique identifier, but it the number has nothing to do with any components in a machine. It is simply a string of 32 characters that when created cannot be duplicated (At least within your lifetime).

If punk buster used a GUID to identify your machine (I'm not saying they do). Then what they did is created a GUID and assigned it to your machine. If this is the case then all you would have to do is find the GUID remove it and allow punk buster to create a new. But, that's too easy.

What likely happens is Punk buster uses something from windows to identify your machine. Like maybe a MAC address or something. If an identifier from windows is used then you would likely have to reinstall (which may not even work).

It is unfortunate that you tried to play with a hack, you know what playing with matches does. One good thing for you is that it is unlikely Punkbuster would ban anybody on a first attempt. Even Punkbuster can be make a mistake. If I were you I would remove all hacks and stay clean.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6844|"Frisco"

nating75 wrote:

Yes, why don't we...

nating75 wrote:

GUID -> Is a unique identifier, but it the number has nothing to do with any components in a machine.
<snip>

nating75 wrote:

Like maybe a MAC address or something.
...ahem...

The truth is, no one (out side of PB HQ) is really sure what the PB GUID is comprised of, but if *I* was making the program, it would be created from mobo, graphics card, and mac address. Or some combination thereof.

Wow. Nevermind, turns out GUID is nothing but a lame rehash of a CD key:

PB_MyGuid
Displays your PunkBuster GUID and your Game CDKey (Note: Cdkey is not shown if currently connected to a server); The GUID is used by PunkBuster to identify players and it is based on the CDKey entered into the game

- http://www.punkbuster.com/publications/bf2-pl/index.htm
I suppose it is useful for tracking CD key'ed users without transmitting actuall CD-Keys, but other than that...

So, I suppose if you get PB banned, it means you just gotta go buy a new copy of the game. Ta da.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6760

nating75 wrote:

GUID -> Is a unique identifier, but it the number has nothing to do with any components in a machine. It is simply a string of 32 characters that when created cannot be duplicated (At least within your lifetime).

If punk buster used a GUID to identify your machine (I'm not saying they do). Then what they did is created a GUID and assigned it to your machine. If this is the case then all you would have to do is find the GUID remove it and allow punk buster to create a new. But, that's too easy.

What likely happens is Punk buster uses something from windows to identify your machine. Like maybe a MAC address or something. If an identifier from windows is used then you would likely have to reinstall (which may not even work).

It is unfortunate that you tried to play with a hack, you know what playing with matches does. One good thing for you is that it is unlikely Punkbuster would ban anybody on a first attempt. Even Punkbuster can be make a mistake. If I were you I would remove all hacks and stay clean.
yea i removed it like a month ago... when i tried the hack it was about maybe 2 months ago give or take a few days. in a way iam happy i got kicked at least i know that PB is working to keep bf2 hack free.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

Oo, my respect for PunkBuster's uber-anti-h4x0r-deluxe-skillz just went down a few notches.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6740|Malaga, España
1. Why The hell Do You Play to try out a cheat!?
2. Havent u knew that u will get ass****** when u do
3. Cheating?....sickass!
SlickWRX
+6|6740
I don't buy the would-be hacker with a heart of gold bs.  If you downloaded it once chances are you've done it before (maybe not this game) and will continue to do it in the future if you know of a way to get around Punkbuster.  The facts are...

1.  You knew you were downloading a cheat\hack.
2.  You joined a ranked gaming system with the intent of using a cheat\hack.
3.  You got busted.
SlickWRX
+6|6740
Also could you shed some light on us non-hack using folk as to what the differences are between free crappy multi-hacks are and the better pay ones?  I didn't even know there were hacks for sale.

Last edited by SlickWRX (2005-11-10 03:48:43)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6740|Malaga, España
@SlickWRX, maybe those hackers put them on eBay
Sgt.Gene
+215|6760

SlickWRX wrote:

I don't buy the would-be hacker with a heart of gold bs.  If you downloaded it once chances are you've done it before (maybe not this game) and will continue to do it in the future if you know of a way to get around Punkbuster.  The facts are...

1.  You knew you were downloading a cheat\hack.
2.  You joined a ranked gaming system with the intent of using a cheat\hack.
3.  You got busted.
no fucking shit i said that a million times in the words of carlos mencia "you are fucking retarted"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard