BIGBADNOBBER
+1|6578
Hi Guys, just wanted to see which you prefer when flying choppers, I've seen some fantastic flying on the servers and just wondered do all you great pilots use your mouse or stick? i've been using my mouse and seem to fly ok but when i changed to stick, i just ended up flying like a pisshead......is there a knack to it? or is it just practice practice practice? let me know. Cheers.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6696|England and damn proud
I use a joystick.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6834|Delaware
I are good bf2 pilot.

(Mouse & Keyboard)
THE.MAFIAS.HITMAN
+8|6543|Boise/Idaho
I use a good mouse and an good keyboard. I always like to get away from jets by doing back flips and barrel rolls when I am high enough in the air. '

Last edited by THE.MAFIAS.HITMAN (2006-06-11 19:53:22)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6707|Vancouver BC Canada
Its like that for awhile. I know when I changed to stick, I sucked. But now I'm much better then I ever was with mouse/keyboard. Remember now you get analog throttle control as well, a huge advantage over mouse/keyboard. IMO you should practice a bit with the stick, before subjecting some poor unfortunate gunner to your wrath, but only until your comfortable with basic maneuvers, no need to be a pro right away...
Good luck.
BIGBADNOBBER
+1|6578
I have a G5 laser and a zboard but always seem to run out of desk when it comes to the crunch lol. thats why i tried stick.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6720|67.222.138.85
I'm ok, 5,000 driver kill assists mostly in chopper, straight keyboard all the way
dankassasin42o
+68|6692|Reefersyde, CA
nothing but keyboard here.
|Vap0rXX|
+10|6596
Mixture of both, I recommend you find a system that works for you, takes some time but worth it.
xGBlitzkrieg
The Lazy Genius
+14|6549|USA, CA

the_outsider38 wrote:

Its like that for awhile. I know when I changed to stick, I sucked. But now I'm much better then I ever was with mouse/keyboard. Remember now you get analog throttle control as well, a huge advantage over mouse/keyboard. IMO you should practice a bit with the stick, before subjecting some poor unfortunate gunner to your wrath, but only until your comfortable with basic maneuvers, no need to be a pro right away...
Good luck.
Same here
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6594|Melbourne, Australia.
Mouse for chopper, since you need to keep it steady, and joystick for jet.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6660
I'm currently on mouse and keyboard, when flying my chopper and I think I'm performing quite well
However for jets I'm still trying to get used to the stick but I'm a bit impatient and as of late there are not many chances to get a plane without an idiot jumping in front of it... so I guess I'll stick to mouse n keyboard with my chopper
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6697|West Yorkshire, U.K

THE.MAFIAS.HITMAN wrote:

I use a good mouse and an good keyboard. I always like to get away from jets by doing back flips and barrel rolls when I am high enough in the air. '
Dont get a joystick for copters, i use mouse and keyboard.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6664|The Netherlands
mouse mx518... I have a joystick : the saitek evo .. but mouse owns
Slickfish
+24|6636
Mouse for helo's, don't fly the planes as I suck in them.
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6595
Mouse & Keyboard for me
BIGBADNOBBER
+1|6578
Thanks for all the comments. i thought buying an X52 stick would make me a better pilot....WRONG. And Outsider38, i have already subjected several gunners to my pisshead flying lol. i think alot of players are scared to use choppers/jets because of other team mates ripping the piss out of them and if you don't practice, you don't improve, there is a fine line between practice and pissing everyone off because you can't fly aswell as they can. Maybe we need to cut the newbies some slack, we all have to start somewhere...right?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6856|Reykjavík, Iceland.
The long hard stick I like to hold with my hand.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6543

See...I sort of use both hehe. I use the left and right arrow keys for rolling and the joystick for turning shooting etc...

It works for me
wrangler
Banned
+7|6542
CAL helo pilot - I fly mouse and key board

any one here who flys stick and thinks its better than mouse and key pls pm me for a helo match TWL rules
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6707|Howell, Mi USA
Mous3 / K3yboard here, it seems to work pretty well. I just need to turn up the sensitivity kuz i keep hitting the ground coming off a steap dive.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
wrangler
Banned
+7|6542
your sensitivity should be at 10, learn to play with it there and you will see a huge jump in your skill.
Your horizontal sensitivity should be at least 2 and 3 if you can fly with it there.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6570|Oslo, Norway
I use a Logitech Mouse... On a tiny, tiny mousepad:-/
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6609|Bellmawr, NJ, US
I'm average with both jet and chopper and I always give them up to the better pilot, but when no one grabs them I will before the enemy does.  I use the joystick because the analog is sweet, plus I couldn't get used to the keyboard controls.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6746|Oslo, Norway
i use a stick, i sucked when i first changed but now i am better with the stick thani was with the mouseand keyboard...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard