=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
From what I've seen all the celebs don't seem as good as they say they are.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6708|Pakistan/England

duffry wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Any "worst of the day"? I could get that.
I think that would be too hard to gauge but I'm up for comedy awards for cool happenings (still to see the jet incident from CitizenOne).
she rammed me when i was minding my business in a blackhawk lol

and I got the tk..

Last edited by tahadar (2006-06-11 14:57:45)

dont_be_ss
+312|6564|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

did u expect a machine, lol
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6635
Although I don't like Nyte, and personally I don't think he's that good,  a bad ping makes a BIG difference when sniping, so I wouldn't judge him by his scores in that game...

Last edited by Picouz/VoiD (2006-06-11 15:11:07)

c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6530|laguna beach, ca
Nice try Nyte.

Not.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

duffry wrote:

jord wrote:

Will there be another one some time soon?
I hope so. I would like to do an American based one so the 'bad-lag boot' is on the other foot.
Also, it might be worth playing other types of game (ie not just snipers)

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I got kicked for going medic
Sorry about that but reviving people on your team is an unfair advantage really.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure you actually got kicked for 'playing like a smacktard'
No, i got kicked for being a medic, lol.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

dont_be_ss wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

did u expect a machine, lol
Actually, by the way all of you talk about your skills, yes.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK

duffry wrote:

I got kicked for going medic
Sorry about that but reviving people on your team is an unfair advantage really.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure you actually got kicked for 'playing like a smacktard'
No, i got kicked for being a medic, lol.
Noooo, that would be against the ROE, we wouldn't do that!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO
Well, personally I stayed for one pre round and 1.5 Karkand rounds, after getting raped by vehicles and arty into oblivion and getting CTD twice,  I decided I've had enough   but it was pretty fun while it lasted.  I was in under Raistlin5556, got to have a couple of good knife fights, one was with Entertainer in which i stabbed him twice but since he IS a machine he got the better of me.  Sniped Blindfisch and Chiyuusomethingwhatnotsoother after which the latter proceeded to completely own me cuz my graphic card sux and he'd kill me before i even got him to render on my screen

all in all it was fun and I would play again but please stay unranked...
Entertayner
+826|6540

teh w00t i'm no machine compared to some guys! i suck lol anyway im glad i got you back I'm very good at holding grudges!!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
I nominate wetworks.de

How come no one else is nominating?
Alpha as fuck.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

I nominate PIE
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6677|NL

duffry wrote:

So, my initial analysis of the results is in and there's a clear winner of the event.

I hereby award the Top Sniper award to churnedfortaste and would like to present this Gold sniper medal.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6876 … dal1oe.png

churnedfortaste won 5 of the 8 rounds but I would like to award a silver medal to the players who won the other three.
They are:
=DMZ= -botivix-
{HMS} don’t_be_ss
Nyte

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1214/s … dal0ts.png

Please proudly display your medals in your sig or where ever else seems appropriate.

I still only have a couple of entries for the Longshot Award and I need people to put themselves (or anyone else) forward for the other awards:
Extreme knife use
Extreme pistol use
Extreme rifle use
Extreme nade use
Extreme claymore use
Capping a celebrity
And I'm still taking suggestions for:
Sniper of the day
(please don't nominate yourself)

Congratulations to churnedfortaste and the other medal winners.
Awesome images! If you need any help with the other images give me a call (PM).
Slickfish
+24|6593
Seems like it might have been a laugh guys.
I would join but im a cr*p sniper and good target.
Think it needs doing on a unranked server so you can introduce the sniper only rule as on ranked kicking people for being anything but sniper could be seen in the same light as Knife and Pistol only servers.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6622
So duffry, anyone creating a mod to give pla, mec and usmc the L96?

That way we can create an unranked game.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

I think there are a few sniper mods kicking about or indevelopment but nobody has contacted me directly to get them onto the server.

I'm working on a place to gather all this info etc and then all should be a little easier.
News to come
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6622

duffry wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

I think there are a few sniper mods kicking about or indevelopment but nobody has contacted me directly to get them onto the server.

I'm working on a place to gather all this info etc and then all should be a little easier.
News to come
I had the idea (if it's possible) that all the classes could be replaced with sniper classes.

For example, class 1 svd, class 2 type 88, class 3 m24, class 4 M95, class 5 L96A1.
With each class having the normal sniper suits and weapons like grenades etc.
POSSIBLY the ability of snipers to include the ammo kit to the sniper kits. (however not the medic kit since people would become pretty much immortal)

If people wanted healing then we could have neutral commanders to supply ammo crates.
Entertayner
+826|6540

Duffry can you get the awards sorted cos I wanna see who won them oh, and duffry and I have got something in the pipelines for the snipers....
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

duffry wrote:

Congratulations to churnedfortaste and the other medal winners.
What about Bronze medal, I should at least get that. Oh and I killed Nyte, towelly and some other dudes I cant remember right now, so start photoshopping that Celeb killing ribon this instant! LOL. And seriously, where is the jet missile footage?
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world
I nominate elmo1337
Entertayner
+826|6540

I don't, were u even there elmo?? anyway, we're still waiting duffry!! *yawn* he he, nah I know you had probs with your "rig" so get that sorted then get it on it!
BobSacamento
+5|6583

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Although I don't like Nyte, and personally I don't think he's that good,  a bad ping makes a BIG difference when sniping, so I wouldn't judge him by his scores in that game...
Yes a bad ping makes a huge difference, but I almost had the highest ping at Karkand and look at my score.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … 0814lz.jpg
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.
All I know, is that if I dont have at least one award, even if it's an award for being cool, you will be hearing from my lawyers as a cause of depresion, just kidding lawl, but seriously...I want a medal.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

I don't, were u even there elmo?? anyway, we're still waiting duffry!! *yawn* he he, nah I know you had probs with your "rig" so get that sorted then get it on it!
Yes, but I got owned too hard, since my best kit is engineer
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

BobSacamento wrote:

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Yes a bad ping makes a huge difference, but I almost had the highest ping at Karkand and look at my score.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … 0814lz.jpg
First off, ownage!

Second, sometimes it's not about ping only as I was saying to EntertaineR_06 the other day; the response can be deceptive for a given number. I was playing on one server last night and my ping was around 60-70 (settled regularly on 66) and it was virtually unplayable; I had to pick and choose my shots on stationary targets or guys moving directly toward/away in order to have any chance of hitting them. Since I was working on maintaining high accuracy this was especially frustrating!

In UT response was all about packet loss, not simply ping, and since you could look at readouts of both on screen all the time you could watch the spikes of packet loss go from zero to 10-30% and track how this affected hitting ability, bearing in mind there was no time-to-target for bullets in UT. For one period my brother and I had pings averaging 750 for a week (I kid you not) and we were still highly ranked. Now bear in mind this was an average...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard