Poll

Should Cannabis be legalised?

Yes66%66% - 146
No33%33% - 74
Total: 220
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
It's 4x as damaging{as in 4 times the tar content} but you don't go around all day smoking weed, you do with tobacco.
The THC causes cells to die off before they become cancerous though.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
All drugs should be legalized........if some crackhead wants to kill himself, by all means smoke it as often as ya want..
Not
Great success!
+216|6577|Chandler, AZ
An important thing to consider about any statistic is where the research was done. If you're getting the statistics from the DEA or any other organization that stands to make profit off of keeping marijuana illegal, be skeptical. Also, if you're getting your numbers about drugs from Pablo Escobar...be skeptical.
Purple.Urkle
+2|6543|United States

Spark wrote:

It is many, many times more damaging to the lungs than tobacco (15x, I think. Verification needed.)
umm.... read this article
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/05/24/po … index.html
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846
The main reason it is considered that pot causes brain damage is because in the Vietnam War the troops were given pot to help relax and reduce the fear amoung the troops. When they came back they recieved a poor homecoming and thus fell into depression, once someone falls into depression they are mroe than twice as likely to develop a mental illness.
Since the government didn't want to look bad, I'm guessing they threw the blame on the pot that did it to them. After which the government probably started a grand campagn against pot.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

lowing wrote:

All drugs should be legalized........if some crackhead wants to kill himself, by all means smoke it as often as ya want..
I agree. Most inner city crime is caused by junkies getting money to get their fix. Legalize all drugs and let people make up their own minds. If someone wants to smoke crack and fuck up their own lives then so be it. They will leave the rest of us alone. Most of the deaths from heroin are from "dirty" smack and dirty syringes. Alot of lives would be saved if a clean source of the drug was available to addicts.
They legalized all drugs in Portugal and after some initial problems it is a success. Junkies don't get thrown in prison (were there are just as many drugs available) they are sent on rehabilitation programs. They are seen as a citizen with a problem, which the state would like to help with, instead of a criminal who should be punished and continues the same lifestyle.
M3Z-X
[KNTL] - Kill Now Think Later
+28|6531|London, England
I say yes but itll lose all attraction i did it cause i thought oo illeagal why not pretty darn good feeling but hay its bad for u ! so u know........
Roadhog_Uk
Artillery Magnet
+9|6546|Plymouth, England

M3Z-X wrote:

I say yes but itll lose all attraction i did it cause i thought oo illeagal why not pretty darn good feeling but hay its bad for u ! so u know........
Don't you think that legalising it & therefore stopping the people that only try it coz it's illegal is a good thing?

Personally, I do & I'm an occasional toker myself!
M3Z-X
[KNTL] - Kill Now Think Later
+28|6531|London, England
Not reli loses the edge n the flar of doing.... if thign were leagal peopel woudl start to get bored of doing it.. so say if u legalised murder there wud be a sharp increase n then people wud get bored..... * I HOPE * lol  if not i just started the end of the world....
cat4ever
+69|6753|CATALONIA
Well in the Netherlands is cannabis allowed, am I right?
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6559|The real world
Isnt it already?
JG1567JG
+110|6588|United States of America
Legalize IT.  Prohibition is the real crime.
1 acre of Hemp/Cannibus can replace 4.1 acres of trees for making Paper. Stop Cutting Trees down for paper

Cannibus/Hemp was outlawed in the USA by the 1937 marijuana tax act.  Most people in 1937 had never heard of marijuana.  They didn't know it was the same plant they had growing in their own Hemp Patch.
In 1937 marijuana was a slang mexican word.

Anybody that wants to learn alot about Cannibus/Hemp/Marijuana should read a book by Jack Herer called "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" This book is full of facts about how marijuana became illegal and all the uses and good that could come from legalizing it. 

Did you people know that you can power a car from Hemp seed oil?
Did you people know that Hemp fiber is one of the strongest natural fibers on Earth?  It is something like 2x as absorbant and 4x stronger than cotton and doesn't take pesticides to grow where as cotton makes up like 40-60 percent of pesticide use in the USA.
Did you know that Congress had secret meatings with Dupont Chemical Company and Hearst Paper Manufacturing on making Marijuana illegal. Dupont wanted it illegal so their brand new synthetic fiber "Nylon" would have less competition and Hearst Paper wanted it illegal because a new machine had just been invented that would make paper production alot cheaper from hemp than wood pulp.

Edit--->I should clarify that this machine was used for harvesting Hemp in the fields not for making the paper.
In I think Feb. of 1937 Popular Science magazine refered to Hemp as a new Billion dollar crop because of this machine.  It is the first time that any crop was refered as a Billion dollar crop.  Marijuana became illegal later that same year.

I could go on for hours and I want to catch a buzz so I will just tell you to go read this book.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-06-11 11:46:58)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6764|mansfield
yes because i have my medical on wednesday and i had a smoke yesterday. they are performing a drug test and  im bound to be found out
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6557
Drink vinegar. Straight up nig'. Straight up. And water, too. And some juice, too (Cranberry is good).

(P.S. The vinegar thing really works. I think if you drink 4 ounces-ish [maybe 8?] 4-8 hours before you get tested you'll be okay. So...I'd try 4 ounces 8 hours before, 4 ounces 4 hours before. And then maybe 4 more ounces 2 hours before just to be safe. And between then I'd drink Cranberry juice.)

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-06-11 11:22:34)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Incidentally, did you know that the name marijuana was given to cannabis by some American politician, to make it sound more Mexican, and therefore, bad.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6557
Whairsyurproof?
kn0ckahh
+98|6739|netherlands, sweet lake city
well weed is just great for stressed out people because it will help you relax and dont worry about your career and stuff it should be legal everywhere
schakl
+21|6689
I say NO legalise, because Alcohol which is legal does enough bad things to people. Why open a new possibility to kill yourself.
Also young people like to do something 'forbidden'. If you allow cannabis it will be of no interest anymore and they will switch to harder drugs.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6557
Good point schakl. Tis common for one out "adventure seeking" to experience the thrill that they "can't have". Marijuana is assuredly a gateway drug, I know from third-hand experience.
BVC
+325|6696

PekkaA wrote:

I voted no, because there is scientifical proof, that cannabis in a long run affects negatively persons mind. Even causes psychosis. UnOriginalNuttah, give me a break.
LOTS of things can do that; food, alcohol, religion, politics....
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6735|DUTCH snap ik!
no need i live in netherlands it's legal there whehehe w00t xD
doneyone
+30|6556|Holland Hardcore
Well I think you all have good points, here in Holland weed is legal and almost every self-respecting 14-16yr old tries it at a time. when i look at my friends now (I'm 25) almost no one smokes weed or uses other drugs because we all tried it and eventually got tired of being stoned 24/7. It was a nice time though i cant remember much of it. The thrill of doing something forbidden still exists even when weed is legal cauz u still don't want your parents/teachers to find out.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6735|DUTCH snap ik!
Go holland !! Roxxx0rz
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6698

*Oh god, prepare to get negative karma*

No it shouldn't be lagalized...I don't feel like typing a novel, but i've seen what that shit can do.

and who ever negged me 'saying YOU prepare to get bad karma, THATS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT IDIOT.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-06-12 20:20:45)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6826|Netherlands
Stupid  secret services use it..to blend in to criminal biotoops

pfff  call me 1 drug they dont  use..

btw...this site is monitored by them..to look for what?

monkey buisness.

stupid polls.

and fuck karma.

another hoax made by fanatics to scare peeps for beeing good or no heaven on this earth..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard