Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
As above.
Viper38
+118|6689
What a great thread ... a tip ... SEARCH

Edit: Close maybe?

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-06-08 16:23:55)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Oh yeah sorry about the big SEARCH button:P
Viper38
+118|6689
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6602|England
Well it depends on what you mean by 'Kick ass', if you mean

Does its cannon kills tanks in 6 shots? Then No (Try 200 shots)
Is it able to take a lot of damage? Then no (Come to think i have seen a tank fire a shell at it and kill it)
Does it fly fast? Then no (Top speed is like 800)

If you mean:

Does it sound awesome? Then yes
Does the cannon rip up infantry? Then yes
Do its bombs obliterate everything? Then yes

Although its difficult to keep in the air for long periods as  2AA missiles bring you down or 1 tank shell or even machine gun fire from the little bird can bring you down easily but you are still able to get like 40kills in a round if you fly tactically.

Personally i love AF.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Wow wth the top speed is 800??? Thats crap. I was hoping the speed was about the same as the jian 10.
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6602|England
Lol no, without after burners it does not go fast that why it is easy to bring down.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6770|the middle of nowhere

Ayumiz wrote:

Does the A-10 really kick ass?
Yes.
Jewbat
+8|6748
Well it's bombs are HORRIBLY inaccurate. Though their massive damage makes up for this. So it's not a biggy.

Bad thing is, it's a slow and large target, so it's not overly hard to take down. Just when you get a lock on signal. Throw flares and hit the dirt (Not literally mind you.), by which I mean fly low to the ground to throw the AA's lock off of your tail. This way, you get something in between you and whatever is trying to shoot you.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6714|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

Ayumiz wrote:

As above.
In the right hands, yes it is deadly, in my hands that is
PRiMACORD
+190|6644|Home of the Escalade Herds
It's fun to fly just because it's an A-10.

The cannon is as strong at killing infantry and tanks as the guns mounted on regular BF2 jets. It drops 4 bombs instead of 2 but that doesn't make up for the slooow speeds.

Still it's fun to fly and the GAU sounds awesome. Good thing there are no fighters in AF, A10s would last about 5 seconds against those
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6622|Philadelphia, PA
The cannon isn't all that good at killing undamaged armor but its good for kill choppers and transport vehicles.

https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4076/screen0332lh.th.png

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-08 18:51:15)

BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6570|The Land of Claywhore
I just took out a tank and a mobile AA w/ the A-10 cannon and got one of their buddies who was on foot.The A-10 can seriously kick ass if you dive bomb.Also when avoiding AA,release the flares then hit the deck.They'll never get a lock on because you can keep the flares between you and the enemy.
Pointgrinder
+1|6736
guys... check out this link from the military.com site...

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos. … tent=88198

Yes, it does kick ass and incredible durable. Speed isn't everything and it get involved with missions built for the A10, not a F-18.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard