Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6602|Philadelphia, PA
Hi, if your like me and you recently downloaded Armored Fury you might be a little disappointed in the A-10 Wort hog.  It's not like I thought it would be, I thought it would tear through a tank like it was made of paper. But it doesn't. WTF? Whoever made the A-10 like it is in the game really didn't do their homework. I do like the little helos though.

NOTE: I am not complaining, I am simply stating my opinion.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-19 16:18:29)

MagiCandy
+18|6653
The A-10 better not use the same bombs as the F-15/SU-34, or else i shall not be happy.
Big McLargehuge

MagiCandy wrote:

The A-10 better not use the same bombs as the F-15/SU-34, or else i shall not be happy.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it drops the same bombs as the F-35 ect. Except it drops 4 instead of two.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-05 19:30:30)

>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6554|An Hour North of Indy
its not like it is unexpected. anytime a new anything comes out, people build themselves up into a fervor awaiting the new whatever and are disappointed by what they get from EA.  no disrespect, but you should've expected it. since you've paid for it already, go ahead and get your money's worth, but i wont be getting it. just my 2 cents
Capt. Foley
+155|6587|Allentown, PA, USA
I havent installed it yet but I kinda wish I hadnt because I would of had much more fun playing the mods and spending money on a computer ubgrade

Last edited by Capt. Foley (2006-06-05 19:32:22)

PRiMACORD
+190|6624|Home of the Escalade Herds
I just tried it out. I parked a tank infront of the A10 to see how many rounds it would take to kill. It took like 200+.

I am by no means a good jet pilot but i'm pretty sure it's a piece of shit and you'll have to use bombs to kill any tanks.

Also, i killed a parked a10 with the US AA tank in 3 shots. That is 3 shots off the US AA tanks main gun, not missiles.

Don't know wtf is going on with that..
MorbidFetus
+76|6550|Ohio
After seeing how EA "fixed" the Blackhawk, I would have actually been disappointed if they DIDN'T nerf the gatling gun.

I will not download this expansion just as I have not and will not download Euro Forces. I think I will ditch BF2 after Quake Wars/Age of Conan comes out.
foxrun612
+27|6542|Atlanta, Georgia
I miss the clusterbombs from Desert Combat.... Those things would tear through a tank like it was nothing...
Darky
Hi..
+71|6561|Here.
Having to pay for booster packs in nonsense. It should be an optional download, for if you want additional maps, weapons and vehicles. It would also be better for the life of BF2 if they werent released so close together, especially with the addition of SF in there as well.

EA should have used it as a 'reward' of sorts, for 'thanking' their 'long term' customers after all the less then adequate patches instead of a way to get even more money.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6694|Vancouver BC Canada
They should have givin the pilot laser guided missiles or something, i mean comon its designed for hunting tanks...Although 4 bombs are better then 2, does it carry 6 AA missiles and how does it handle compared to the fighters?
remo
+20|6576
no AA, handles like a pig.  erm, warthog.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6694|Vancouver BC Canada
LOL, Really??? No AA what so ever???? oh well...at least its tough.
eagles1106
+269|6583|Marlton, New Jersey.
Usi A-10 Ftw
remo
+20|6576
I shot down the MEC jet with the main gun ... but yea, no AA missiles.

Good luck against the AA tanks, I was eating Tunguska fire like it was going out of style.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
its a low and slow plain hat one. not by choice its just slow.

its going to get owned by aa and the cannon takes about 5 minutes to start firing after you press the trigger.

but i still like it.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6764|Toronto Canada
its not THAT bad. i took 3 missles before going down.
Hummeth
+4|6644|Wisconsin
The A-10 is supposed to spit out depleted uranium bullets and tear apart tanks. Also, it is supposed to be really tough, like being able to fly with half a tail and one engine, not betaken town with a couple hits from AA.
remo
+20|6576
it's no stronger than any other jet ... 3 missiles and you're either parachuting or dead
SolidusSnake12
+2|6637
Very Very disappointing so i am not getting it.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6623|Las Vegas
To get an idea of how "tough" they made the A10......I took one down with the MEC scout helo during a "dog fight" if you can call it that.  I didn't have any assistance from other vehicles either.....it was just me and him, and the scout helo won.

KiL
[BBF*EF]Stuka
Junkers Ju 87
+58|6577|Phoenix, AZ

KingLou wrote:

To get an idea of how "tough" they made the A10......I took one down with the MEC scout helo during a "dog fight" if you can call it that.  I didn't have any assistance from other vehicles either.....it was just me and him, and the scout helo won.

KiL
lol I have been doing that a lot lately too, it works wonders!
bubbass
humble
+61|6568
Meh, they A10 may be a bust, but the maps are sweet for ground pounding. At least you don't have to be worrying about the skies the whole time you play.
doxed
+21|6645

KingLou wrote:

KiL
that A10 pilot must have been retarded.

on road rage i was dominating with the MEC bomber. to me it seems to handle a little better and i like flying it under the bridges. the bombers are so-so because i can get more kills fight tank to tank than trying to find targets. i thought i'd like operation harvest the best but midnight oil and operation road rage are more fun.
Big McLargehuge

bubbass wrote:

Meh, they A10 may be a bust, but the maps are sweet for ground pounding. At least you don't have to be worrying about the skies the whole time you play.
I agree. I was dissapointed in the A-10 but, I really liked the Road Rage map.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-05 21:39:58)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6791|Jupiter
I like Operation Harvest the best. Good sniping map for all your sniping lovers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard