bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6851|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I saw the trailer for "Jarhead" (the movie) a couple of days ago. Hopefully it with get the Anthony Swafford seal of approval. I loved the book and I think it still looks pretty sick. It should be the official movie of BF2, lol.

Welcome to the suck

Last edited by bluehavoc8686 (2005-10-10 21:02:49)

Home
Section.80
+447|6859|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the day it comes out. Looks pretty good.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2005-10-10 21:48:57)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6859|"Frisco"

After getting hooked on the tv show "Over There" I am indeed looking foward to this.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6841|USA! USA! USA!
I saw that preview at the beginning of "Serenity".  At first I thought it looked cool, but the longer the trailer went on the more I lost interest.  I don't know if I will be able to hold out through the whole movie...  On the other hand, I like good war movies if they are somewhat realistic so it might be good.  Official Stance: Undecided.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6851|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Yes, I read the book several years ago. And as I was reminded by Croak, most Marines hate Swofford although I never got the full story of why. But like I try to take all military stories and movies (since I wasn't there) it should make a good story to watch since the book was entertaining. I apologize to the Devil Dogs out there who hate Swofford, but like I said... just a story not necessarily the word of God.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6807|Barrington, RI
just saw Jarhead last night. Not exactly what I was expecting. it was nothing like "Over There" which I am also hooked on.  More of a drama then anything else, no action to speak of, just a big recuritment ad for the Marines in my opinion.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6794|The Hague, Holland
I whant to see it to!!! Looks kick ass to me .
AND I whant to see SAW2. SAW whas friggin pwnage . I heard it whas released in the USA for halloween? Damnit I gotta download that shit. Did I say download? Ofcourse I ment watch it in the movie theather...*chuckles*
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6807|Barrington, RI

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

I whant to see it to!!! Looks kick ass to me .
AND I whant to see SAW2. SAW whas friggin pwnage . I heard it whas released in the USA for halloween? Damnit I gotta download that shit. Did I say download? Ofcourse I ment watch it in the movie theather...*chuckles*
SAW II isn't as good as the original but you are right it is good.  I won't give anything away for those that haven't seen it.  same goes for Jarhead.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

Looks good.
I remember a year or so ago I actually said that to a guy I was handing over to.
"welcome to the suck.  heres your desk. enjoy."
heh heh... now it's famous!
v1l2u5
+1|6790
Ok saw Jarhead, imo it sucked.

Saw2 was good but not great like the 1st 1.
CplClarkUSMC
Semper Fidelis
+0|6784
Jarhead = real as shit, has me rolling 'cause its hurry up and wait just like the marine corps. Its not rambo 5, just a grunts view of a fast paced war, if you want to see rambo 5 wait till they release "Generation KILL" the movie (if they make it) .. true story of recon boys in this iraq war.. great book too.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

CplClarkUSMC wrote:

Jarhead = real as shit, has me rolling 'cause its hurry up and wait just like the marine corps. Its not rambo 5, just a grunts view of a fast paced war, if you want to see rambo 5 wait till they release "Generation KILL" the movie (if they make it) .. true story of recon boys in this iraq war.. great book too.
sounds like bravo two zero... only with americans
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6766

I love this job. I thank God for every fucking day he gives me in the Corps. Oorah.
This movie is sweet. Period. It isn't some shitty Rambo-esque shoot-em-up, nor is it a depressing "The Killing Fields" style movie. Instead, this movie (based on an excellent book) truly depicts the life of your average grunt in the Gulf War. Don't expect lots of combat--actually, there is almost no true fighting in the entire movie. If you want to see what life was like in the Corps, or see a really good movie, go see this.
shspunkrockr
+0|6764
people dont realize that war isn't just bang bang shoot 'em up action all the time...the average soldier in WW2 fired 10 shots a weak...i loved Jarhead and how it wasn't all corny and overexaggurated, but instead it was realistic and depicted war how it really is for most troops, boring.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

chuyskywalker wrote:

After getting hooked on the tv show "Over There" I am indeed looking foward to this.
that show stunk.  jarhead was ok....but not great by any means.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

usmarine wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

hello gooners
hey you wank rag, you have a spam thread.  stay there.
wank rag? lulz
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6530|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

your a jarhead
no u
no u.   u
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

S3v3N wrote:

no u.   u
did you like the movie?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6530|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

no u.   u
did you like the movie?
It was OK.

I've seen better and I've seen alot worse.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum
same, ive seen your mum for one

ZING
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

no u.   u
did you like the movie?
It was OK.

I've seen better and I've seen alot worse.
it was on HBO the other day.  watched again and only liked it for a few lines.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6530|Montucky
There was a few good one liners and "Hey I remember doing that shit" moments..
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

I was highly disappointed in this movie. The promo's for it were great..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5597

S3v3N wrote:

There was a few good one liners and "Hey I remember doing that shit" moments..
OMG YOU WERE IN THE MOVIE?!!

I'll leave...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6683|UK

FatherTed wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

hello gooners
hey you wank rag, you have a spam thread.  stay there.
wank rag? lulz
i don't think i've ever seen anyone refered to as a wank rag before

usually it's a dirty sock or some undies
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard