xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6699
For me, I hope it doesn't. I use a regular, laser mouse that came with my computer. Do I need some fancy DP milliwetermacky mouse? I don't think so. Compared to other people that have fancy mouses there isn't much of a difference. I have no idea why Nyte stressed it so much in his "guide."
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

Yes.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6651
no. no special mice. i am a perfectly above average sniper. HP generic laser mouse FTW
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6749|The United Center
Yes, it does.  I thought the same before I got my new moose.  I used to use a Microsoft Intellimoose Explorer and I decided to get a Logitech G5.  The difference is HUGE. 

Sniping is easier.

Flying jets is easier.

Flying helos is easier.

Using tanks and gunning in transports is easier.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6651
lies!

=P
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
It's not a Quake, or AWP in CS. Sniper rifle doesn't do torso shot=kill, so just take your time and go for a headshot with whatever mouse you got. (I use default that came with my PC <- what a shame lol)
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
Id say so.  I have a mouse they dont even make anymore and its a roll ball or whatever.

Its like 20 dpi and it gets stuck when I move it.

I'd say yes.

wooties.
[BBF*EF]Stuka
Junkers Ju 87
+58|6579|Phoenix, AZ
I think having a DPI adjustable mouse does help with gaming, especially when it comes to sniping or flying. Razer Copperhead ftw!
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho

[BBF*EF]Stuka wrote:

I think having a DPI adjustable mouse does help with gaming, especially when it comes to sniping or flying. Razer Copperhead ftw!
I hate you...

blue, red, or green?
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6740|Pakistan/England
probably, but i couldnt be bothered to change the settings im used to!
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6653|The Netherlands
yes, i'm used to my mouse everytime I go to a friend i can't snipe at all.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6692
i tried the copperhead, didnt like it,,, i use g5 laser mouse now.....they rock:)
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
yeh it does
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6596|Las Vegas, NV USA
I would think that it depends upon one thing:

How long have you been sniping on your current settings?

Personally, I've got a 150+ hours with the sniper rifle, and for me to make a change like this would probably not turn out much better vs. the amount of time I'd suck trying to compensate for new "play-style memory."  I remember messing around with latency compensation about a month or two ago, because someone mentioned it as helping with sniping.  In the end, I noticed that I did a little bit better in close-quarter machine gun battles, but my sniping suffered when it came to leading moving targets.

However, I bet you that I'd probably love being able to turn a tank's turret easier with one of these mice!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6654

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Yes, it does.  I thought the same before I got my new moose.  I used to use a Microsoft Intellimoose Explorer and I decided to get a Logitech G5.
Microsoft Intellimoose.

That's a photoshop competition right there.
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6586|Hamburg / Germany

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Yes, it does.  I thought the same before I got my new moose.  I used to use a Microsoft Intellimoose Explorer and I decided to get a Logitech G5.  The difference is HUGE. 

Sniping is easier.

Flying jets is easier.

Flying helos is easier.

Using tanks and gunning in transports is easier.
word, i am using the razer copperhead.
RaVeN.sco
+15|6536|Scotland
i use the mx518, multiple dp ftw!
i use lowest for inf.
i use medium/high for Armour/heli.

as for sniping, granted i don't do much sniping but,
i found a tip somewhere on the Internet thingy that if u map a keyboard key as your second primary fire slot. the accuracy gains are amazing because no more slight movements as you hit your left mouse button.
Consollus
+21|6727|Sweden
Yes, it's a huge difference going from a standard mouse to a gaming mouse. There's also a big difference between a regular mouse pad and a gaming mouse pad.

Gaming mouse + gaming mouse pad + skatez = \O/

Last edited by Consollus (2006-06-08 04:10:54)

Chillin&killin
+27|6677|Manchester,England
ive just got some dell laser mouse but i still play well(i mean damn ownage) lol i think it doesnt matter what mouse you have if you know the mouse well then you'll play well
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6639|Wigan. Manchester. England.

RaVeN.sco wrote:

i use the mx518, multiple dp ftw!
i use lowest for inf.
i use medium/high for Armour/heli.

as for sniping, granted i don't do much sniping but,
i found a tip somewhere on the Internet thingy that if u map a keyboard key as your second primary fire slot. the accuracy gains are amazing because no more slight movements as you hit your left mouse button.
that. is a very good idea. gona try it when i get my copperhead next week
ssonrats
+221|6647
I am still adjusting to my mouse now, had it a few weeks now, it's a razer pro|solutions 1600DPI(on the fly) and it's definately improved my sniping from 0.6 k/d ratio to 2.04 today.
https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/theblackratss/Razer20pro20mouse2020pad.jpg

Last edited by ssonrats (2006-06-08 04:44:26)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany

ssonrats wrote:

I am still adjusting to my mouse now, had it a few weeks now, it's a razer pro|solutions 1600DPI(on the fly) and it's definately improved my sniping from 0.6 k/d ratio to 2.04 today.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/ … 020pad.jpg
Only one button on the side?
My copperhead has 2 on each side.But all in all a great choice...

And yes,a good mouse affects your aiming.
The copperhead wouldn't have won dozens of awards and be used by pro-gamers around the world if this wasn't the case.
Just like with everything else,equipment helps.Formula 1 drivers may even be great drivers in a "normal" car,the equipment helps them to reach new levels.

If you have the world's second fastest line-up time(we all know who has the fastest,right?)your skill is only limited by the equipment.
Jumping over pixels and other "malfunctions" you get with an ordinary mouse do not happen with a Razer or Logitech,and these malfunctions are precious time lost during aiming.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-06-08 09:47:10)

No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6574|England
ive got a logitech mx5 and i love it....ive got big hands you see and its a big mouse. it comes into its own for when you jump in a tank you can just turn the dpi up and swivel the turret quick and then jump out turn it down and snipe etc .peeps who say the standard is fine are the peeps who have never tried the alternative. love my mx5 but i do look jelously at those darn razers!
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6711
if you can do everything well at 400 DPI then changing it in game does not matter, but will notice a big difference moving from infantry to Vehical guns.  IMHO 400 DPI is to slow for most task in BF2, but when you go to snipe someone at long range you want to be able to be pixel percise (you have to slow the mouse down).  I got a G5 not to long ago and now I don't like using anything else and not just for gamming.  I use an HP, old school, ball mouse at work and it pains me to get how un-smoth it is.  Part of what makes a gaming mouse better is the software tools.

oh, and I had Mx ( non-gaming mice) before the G5.  Higher resolution cammera and faster reporting make a big difference.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-06-08 10:00:52)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6754|Toronto, ON

cheshiremoe wrote:

if you can do everything well at 400 DPI then changing it in game does not matter, but will notice a big difference moving from infantry to Vehical guns.  IMHO 400 DPI is to slow for most task in BF2, but when you go to snipe someone at long range you want to be able to be pixel percise (you have to slow the mouse down).  I got a G5 not to long ago and now I don't like using anything else and not just for gamming.  I use an HP, old school, ball mouse at work and it pains me to get how un-smoth it is.  Part of what makes a gaming mouse better is the software tools.

oh, and I had Mx ( non-gaming mice) before the G5.  Higher resolution cammera and faster reporting make a big difference.
That's the beauty of the DPI on-the-fly switching.  You get into a vehicle and throttle your DPI up to 800ish (I set mine at 850).  In Armor, I throttle up to 1600 DPI.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard