b4z
+4|6539
This is a video i just made with my teammate in our clan server ;

http://media.putfile.com/bf2-13-crouch-proning

Key Points -

He has a standard keyboard and mouse (and is therefore not using macros eg. Logitech G15 Keyboard or Razer Mouse - which means any player can perform these manoeuvres)

He can perform this with skill, but relative ease and continuity.

In the open road, he is just tapping prone/crouch/prone/crouch -repeatedly in fast sequence

His body does not appear to go through the animation motions and as such his hitbox(mesh) is moving with him, which makes him a harder target.

During this time, as he moves across the road, he is able to aim accurately (with skill) and his bullet deviation is minimally effected and his bullet deviation is therefore similar  to that of a non moving proned player.

Behind objects (walls,staircase,plantpot) he is tapping prone/crouch/release to stand/prone/crouch/release to stand  - repeatedly in fast sequence.

During this time his body does not appear to go through animation motions, instead you only see him proned, occasionaly moving into crouch, and as a target is extremely hard to hit

On his screen he can see for 50% of the time as if he was standing upright - and his deviation is as if he is proned/crouched - therefore more acccurate

FINAL POINT ;

EA/DICE promised to remove the Dolphin Diving, which they fulfilled, but in replacement of this, the "better" players and even whole "clans/teams" have adpoted this new style of movement exploit which is pretty similar to the original, just without the jump involvement.

So having watched the video, my question to EA/DICE is this... when will this issue be addressed?

ps. the solution is blatantly obvious - simply adding a fixed delay from crouch to stand // and from crouch to prone - will resolve this exploitative movement, and bring back some balance to the "infantry game".
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6585|Eastern USA
Lol @ invisy horsey!
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6703|MoVal So-Cal
grenade solves that
REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6675
wow............... -kama for you
mad scotsman
+177|6611|scotland
bring back bunny hopping lol
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6574|England
enemy epileptic spotted.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6674
Funny thing is, in ten years that dude will have such bad carpal tunnel he will not be able to move his hands.

Karma is a bitch yea know
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6649

REDRAGON12345 wrote:

wow............... -kama for you
Don't you hate it when you make a well thought out and and legitimate complaint only for morons like this guy to flame you.

BTW it's *karma*
Cursed You
+64|6590|Idaho
*KERCHOONK* is the sound of a noob tube hitting someone like that.  Its pretty impressive, but sometimes really annoying.  I can get rid of them easily, I dont know about low ranked less experienced players who that may heavily affect.

crouch to prone delay sounds all right.  Realistic and sensible.  Volx would be ruined :p

crouch to stand delay sounds bad.  Not really realistic and I wouldnt like it and anything I dont like is automatically bad.
Frytrixa
+10|6629|Germany

b4z wrote:

Behind objects (walls,staircase,plantpot) he is tapping prone/crouch/release to stand/prone/crouch/release to stand  - repeatedly in fast sequence.
We call that "clipping" or "the clipper"

Its normal to use these movements in clanwars its also possible to bring back the old Dolphinjump
Cursed You
+64|6590|Idaho
Oh I forgot to ask, did you punish for that teamkill? :p
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6797|Oklahoma
Video looks like someone had to much coffee
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6809|Orlando, FL - Age 43
So what do you want...more EA/Dice tweaking of the game mechanics? They are more likely as not to introduce new problems.
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6648|Annapolis, MD
LOL that looked like one of those carnival games where you shoot the ducks or targets running by and popping up.
|Vap0rXX|
+10|6586

Darth_Fleder wrote:

So what do you want...more EA/Dice tweaking of the game mechanics? They are more likely as not to introduce new problems.
Bingo this guy is right on. Just huck a grenade or learn how to shoot, may take a bit up its funny when they get angry cause your beating their little ecploit thing.
BerkuT_gru
+26|6649
OMG ! ROLF !

Man, what clan are you from ? Good player are using this from.... like... the 1.00 v. I am using this while DD was removed, thats how you survive in a clan match, i see u have played tons of them... What a discovery... yeah...

+1 karma for understanding that the world is round....
psychosyrus
+-2|6715
i wanna eat that little hairy jumping monkey
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6670|Colorado
HAHA looks like a frog hopping on it's ass... We have Dolphin Diving and now we have Frog Hopping. Frogger would be so proud. LOL that was funny.
Slickfish
+24|6626
Not seen that done, but I can't see it making them to hard to hit.
Viper38
+118|6673
Is this Video about Peter Crouch?
r0oki3
+13|6550
Nice video,

Now I dont want to be seeing you weeners that have watched the video go into a server and start pulling this stuff off....
ok , you reading me ? huh ?
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6539|Las Vegas
Interesting stuff, thanks
b4z
+4|6539
bump
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6676|Canada Eh?
Why are you bumping? This thread shouldnt even be allowed as it shows everyday people how to easily do an exploit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard