King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6637|Seattle

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

There should be a Redneck "Soldier of Fortune Freak" class too.
Now THAT would be a great expansion pack Hordes of rednecks fighting from the sidelines of the battle with their malotov cocktails and 30/30 huntin' rifles. It could be endless redneck fun. Haul ass in the General Lee up to the flag with Daisy and Flash in the passenger seat. Good times. Good 'ol Boys.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6721|Dayton, Ohio

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

Where is the Cop class?
As as local cop you get to be armed with a baton, tazer, a can of mace and a beanbag gun(prepare for a lot of kill assists).  Your unlock will be a shot gun and real bullets for your side arm.
Your major weakness will be a 30 second delay after you inflict any harm on an enemy so that the lawyer class can determine if excessive force was used so that you can be punished.
There should be a Redneck "Soldier of Fortune Freak" class too.
Special weapons: dynomite, doublebarrel shotty, beer goggles and oversized pocket knife.  Vehicle: Old Ford pickup with a homemade lift kit, squad can throw beer cans and dynomite from the bed.  Team points for roadkills while using beer goggles.
crownvic96
+5|6594

Where is the Cop class?
As as local cop you get to be armed with a baton, tazer, a can of mace and a beanbag gun(prepare for a lot of kill assists).  Your unlock will be a shot gun and real bullets for your side arm.
Your major weakness will be a 30 second delay after you inflict any harm on an enemy so that the lawyer class can determine if excessive force was used so that you can be punished.
i almost spit water all over my keyboard.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6721|Dayton, Ohio

crownvic96 wrote:

Where is the Cop class?
i almost spit water all over my keyboard.
Come on, now that has to deserve a little karma.
crownvic96
+5|6594
I should give you -1 for almost making me destroy my keyboard at work! how's that for a little karma.

as it stands now you'll get a big fat gooseegg worth of karma.
ComradeWho
+50|6735|Southern California

Colfax wrote:

How do you know that in the FUTURE where this game takes place they wouldnt be fighting in the U.S. defending the country?
because though the "future" is a hypothetical realm where any idiot idea can be lamely defended by people that say "but its the future you never know" there's no reason to envision the marine corp, which is much smaller than the army and an expeditionary force, becoming our main fighting force - becoming larger than the army and national guard - and then doing the task that the national guard/army were created for.
viserov
+9|6714|Atlanta

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Or National Guard... whichever. The uniforms need to be changed as well. Marines would not be the predominant force on the homeland.

This is just EA being lazy and greedy as usual.
Not to mention Posse Comitatus. But, I am sure that law would be temporarily rescinded if the US were to be invaded.
ComradeWho
+50|6735|Southern California

Colfax wrote:

i get -1 karma for what?  Own up you little bitch who gave it to me.  or i'll just give everyone neg karma that disagrees with me to find ya.
you're gonna have trouble doing that with -1 karma dude.
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6623
Really, if a hostile threat actually managed to land on american soil, we would send in the Marines first, to take the fight to them and get them out, with the Army behind us ready to defend the rest of america incase they made it by the Marines. (BTW, a hostile force landing in America and making past the Marines is very, very close to impossible.) The Coast Gaurd and Navy would take active roles in defending the border from any other attempts of that hostile force to land again. The Airforce would give the Army and Marines air support, obviously.

No, this isen't solid ground facts, but it makes sense, dosen't it?

EDIT: Don't neg karma me if you don't agree, please, it's not needed and I'm just trying to contribute.

Last edited by I~Love~Mysti (2006-06-06 14:06:05)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6618|Florida
I will somewhat agree, the desert camo probably looks a bit goofy in a non desert area.  But either way, IF our country were to be invaded/attacked, however you wanna put it, I dont think it matters what branch of service they are in.  As long as they can shoot a rifle and do their job, Im sure the government wouldnt care.  Besides, dont they take an oath to protect America and its people from enemies foreign or domestic?  I dont know the specific wording on it, but Im pretty sure anyone who joins the US Armed Forces will take an oath that says something pretty close to that.  They should have given them Woodland camo...regardless of the branch they are labeled as....something different in clothing would be kinda cool.

I like the redneck idea lol.  As well as the town cop class.  Those would be some fun mods, make it town cops vs. town rednecks.  Instead of humvees they get big 4x4 almost-monster trucks with big flags on poles in the truck bed, and have their exhaust turned into a semi exhaust where it comes up thru the truck bed and has the stack behind the cab.  The redneck "sniper" could be hunters, with their hunting rifles like someone had said before lol.  This would be great.  GET TO WORK EA!!!

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-06-06 14:10:50)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6721|Dayton, Ohio
well if china wanted to invade they could just dig a hole an pop up in the middle of my sandbox.
MurPHy
+9|6611|West Deptford, NJ

well if china wanted to invade they could just dig a hole an pop up in the middle of my sandbox.
I'm sure they've been digging for the past 30 years now.
Phrozenbot
+632|6655|do not disturb

I~Love~Mysti wrote:

Really, if a hostile threat actually managed to land on american soil, we would send in the Marines first, to take the fight to them and get them out, with the Army behind us ready to defend the rest of america incase they made it by the Marines. (BTW, a hostile force landing in America and making past the Marines is very, very close to impossible.) The Coast Gaurd and Navy would take active roles in defending the border from any other attempts of that hostile force to land again. The Airforce would give the Army and Marines air support, obviously.

No, this isen't solid ground facts, but it makes sense, dosen't it?
Well in BF2, the Marines are stretched thin with being in the Middle East and in Asia. Fighting two fronts (possibly more, not all of the war is explained. Heck, the U.S. might even be fighting against a South American Coalition or African one.) To assume that there would be enough Marines to single handily be the spear head of what is a major world war, and defend the United States is just foolish. Most likely, the NG or Army would be doing that. BUT, like mentioned, the Marines would be the spearhead to counter any offensive from the PLA and MEC forces. This is if there are any Marines, probably minimal. This force of Marines would be small though. Sorta like the tip of the iceberg, the bottom is non-Marines.

The Army is also a hell of a lot larger than the Marines. Yes, most likely there is probably a draft and millions of Americans are in armed services, but the Marines don't play around. Not everyone can be one, so most folks would be drafted in the Army. And to think MEC and PLA would invade the U.S. is just a terrible strategic mistake. MEC, even with all it's man power and wealth pooled into one fighting entity, wouldn't have the amphibious or naval capabilities of scratching America. The PLA would definitely have more of a chance, assuming the PRC has amassed a large enough navy to penetrate Americas first major line of defense; the US Navy. But in the end, the US Navy is just too powerful, and even if the PLA or MEC slipped through, their supply lines would be cut off and they would be slaughtered.

The PLA and MEC would have a better chance of winning the war if they just defended themselves, instead of taking the fight to America. However, this could possibly mean that the Americans are losing the war, and that the EU is now trying to save the US by attacking MEC countries and China itself, hopefully forcing their remaining forces to defend themselves while the US can spare some time to defend and build strength before an invasion (Euro Forces?). Hopefully, it will aid America in this global struggle. If indeed the Americans are losing, would the US military be strong enough to defend itself, or would they be too weak and soon be overrun?

I'd just like to know what the crap everyone is fighting over.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-06-06 15:01:53)

remo
+20|6617
A-10 is flown by the USAF and several Air National Guard units.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6725|Hell's prison
This massive of an attack on American Soil...you think Marines wouldnt be mobilized....HA!!!  It would be all of the forces in all branches defending our land.  Not just Army or 'National "Weekend Warriors" Guard'.  I certainly wouldnt be behind a desk just because im in the AF.  Id beg to be out fighting keeping the bungholes out.  So maybe these areas are a place where a certaind Brigade happen to be fighting...you know what?  Who cares???  KEGGER, EA GOT SOMETHING RIGHT!
Phrozenbot
+632|6655|do not disturb

Don't -1 me for posting my outlook of what the heck might happen. Speculation based on opinion or fact, don't -1 me for something so trivial. And leave your name. Another man becoming the victim of all of a sudden turning into a little girl.
[MIST]chaos
+1|6882

howler_27 wrote:

The last time that I checked, the Marines didn't fly the A-10.  Get over the whole service issue and just enjoy the friggin' game.   If I'm wrong about the A-10, please inform me.
You are correct Sir!....AV-8B Harrier is the Marines choice not the A-10
Phrozenbot
+632|6655|do not disturb

<{SoE}>Agamemnar

Did you read the Great Wall intro?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6718|Middle of nowhere
how about we just.... not care? yeah, i agree, desert camos in farmland probably looks dumb.  But do you REALLY want EA/DICE to patch the game to fix it?

yeah, didn't think so

just deal with it
beerface702
+65|6733|las vegas
well in the case of all out war on our soil. i really couldnt say. but i imagine Guard would be first to DIE.

then marine would come in and clean up the mess later down the road....AF, Army etc...if its really got out of hand

i agree EA is lazy. i wasnt expecting SUPER REALISM WITH This booster. but its fun, the level design is great.

although MEC should of have a weapons upgrade. new guns. leave USMC stock...to make it inertesting....

otherwise its pretty well rounded.

with notable lazy factors...but that is expect.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

mabye the Army could slap some better guns on the A10 then ffs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard