=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
I was wondering if anyone can Pilot a chopper... spot somebody they want to kill (helo/plane) and then switch to the gunner seat and tv missle them...?
I'm currently trying to master it...  I'm also in the middle of making a video of me doing it. me and one of my clanmates went into our server and I had him fly around in a plane(and a helo) and see if I could hit him.... bwahahaha... and he didn't let me hit him...  he was always going full speed. anyways.. I will be posting the video up as soon as I get about 2 more minutes of footage.

I have a question.. do you know if I'm able to save a video as a .avi using Windows Movie Maker?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
good luck, as soon as you switch the chopper acts alomost like in real life....no ones controling the yaw so it spins out of control...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

the_heart_attack wrote:

good luck, as soon as you switch the chopper acts alomost like in real life....no ones controling the yaw so it spins out of control...
haha yeah. you learn to make up for that before switching so by the time you switch to TV you're right on the enemy.
THA
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
well all i can say is god speed
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6845|United Kingdom
ive done it a couple of times but im nowhere near to mastering it
pinky_81
+1|6790|Denmark
It's possible - only done it offline though... Not easy and takes full concentration
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6848|-

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I have a question.. do you know if I'm able to save a video as a .avi using Windows Movie Maker?
You should be able to, seeing as how avi is a very common filetype.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6794
I was getting owned last night by a guy that had this technique mastered.  I think his name was like LaVeChe or something.  He would get his helli in position to hover just outside of our (only remaining) flag and switch seats, spend a couple of seconds with the tv missle and minigun and get 3-4 kills before he would switch back and recover before crashing.  I was getting so pissed but I have to admit that I envied the tactic.  Kind of like when your girlfriend goes out and sees a another girl looking hot and wearing a mini skirt.  You know, she thinks to herself "What a slut.  I wonder where I could get a skirt like that!"
Echovirus
+0|6750
Quote:

um, if you are using fraps to record, fraps automatically saves your movies as avi. And first off, you definatly do not want to save your movie in avi format (in windows movie maker). The file size will be way too big. But then again, that doesnt matter because windows movie maker will not save it as an avi. The best quality you can get is 2.1MB per frame. When saving your movie to your pc, make sure you save it at that setting: for personal computer viewing a 2.1mb. It wont look as good as avi, but it will be a lot smaller in file size. Example: fraps recorded an avi and its file size was 160mb. I took that exact avi, put it into windows movie maker, and saved it to my computer as a wmv at 2.1mb per frame. That saved file was 3.1mb. Thats a hugeeeee difference and if you plan on putting it on the net, you'll definatly want the smaller file size.

Last edited by Echovirus (2005-11-04 06:12:46)

thinner44
+1|6810
Not with the 'attack helis' but I often do it with the BH... then get back into the drivers seat and ... up up and away ... The attack helis are just a little too jumpy for my liking
dsb
+0|6778

MatRx9 wrote:

IKind of like when your girlfriend goes out and sees a another girl looking hot and wearing a mini skirt.  You know, she thinks to herself "What a slut.  I wonder where I could get a skirt like that!"
Or better yet, you notice her looking and think to yourself, "mmmmmmmm...doubles."
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6789|England
Ive done this in a jet a few times when out of bombs. Harder in a chopper Id imagine though...
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6838|Finland
Its dang hard, but ive done it a couple of times. Usually ill let the chopper spin a single full loop and then shoot my TV "somewhere" near the place i spotted the enemy and then just steer the tv and bang, BH drops from the sky...But i prefer the pilot missiles of course, who doesnt?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

To shorten what EchoVirus said, Use a codec

and don't use windows movie maker, that's like paint when you can use virtualdub (photoshop equivalent).

Download it here

The reason that FRAPS avi's are so damn huge are because they are uncompressed RGB, so basically a few hundred thousand bitmaps together. They save it that way because it's fast and simple, the algorithms are basic. a DivX'ed .avi are compressed, less space but can't save it in the time FRAPS does so you gotta do it after.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6756

I've done this with great success since I'm a mediocre pilot but a really good gunner. You have to point the chopper to the left of the target and switch and fire fast. You also have to be a good distance away so you can turn the missle. Also, it is best used with the Z-10 and the AH-1Z because the Mi-28 missle doesn't turn real well.
midgetspy
+3|6828
I've watched a buddy hit another chopper out of the air with a TV missile when he had no gunner, so hitting a tank should be a piece of cake :0)

Nic
ToiletTrooper
+25|6776|WC
use fraps!! records 30 secs.. and show ur fps on your screen of battlefield2, +-90mb per full movie
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Coolbeano wrote:

To shorten what EchoVirus said, Use a codec

and don't use windows movie maker, that's like paint when you can use virtualdub (photoshop equivalent).

Download it here

The reason that FRAPS avi's are so damn huge are because they are uncompressed RGB, so basically a few hundred thousand bitmaps together. They save it that way because it's fast and simple, the algorithms are basic. a DivX'ed .avi are compressed, less space but can't save it in the time FRAPS does so you gotta do it after.
I'll use that some other time.. but I've already spent a good time puting all this together and crap.. so I'll use WMM this time.

I'm about to go get some footage in an actual server(if I can get up without a gunner) and try and finish the movie.
B.Horning
+0|6762|U.S.A.
Game was designed not to be able to do that, (Realism,Fairness).
DriftX
+0|6787
I don't think so, but you can try.

I loved doing that in BFV in a Cobra, took down so many confused Mi-8s with the heat-seeking missles
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
W00t! helo/knife video.
http://files.filefront.com/TV_missle_00 … einfo.html
now..before you watch it...  I'm sorry for the crappy credits... I was gonna have a video during the credits but I decided with only having the free fraps.. I wouldn't be able to make a 56second clip to put in it(and I needed it to be exactly 56 seconds.) so yeah...
and also.. sorry if the knife fights are a little boring... they're entertaining and hilarious to the three of us that were involved in it
DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
and yes.. in all but two of those videos I am piloting and gunning by myself.
Oh yeah.. and all the Battlerecorder stuff is a bit sketchy.. sory.. my first time using it.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-11-05 11:26:26)

THA
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
its a 2hr wait!!!!!! ill go mow the lawn and come back when its ready!! (oh and by the way its sunday morning here, im not some kind of super night lawn mowing guy)
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
filefront must be real busy.
THA
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
the lawns a bit wet , its got 47 mins to go..........i better not be dissapointed..... i hope you make me eat my "good luck" words
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

the_heart_attack wrote:

the lawns a bit wet , its got 47 mins to go..........i better not be dissapointed..... i hope you make me eat my "good luck" words
haha I think it's good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard