Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6763|Austin TX
Because i was flying over you at 900mph!  i know everyone hates a jet whore, myself included.  but my definition of a jet whore is somone who:

tks for it
spends  half a round waiting for it
only plays flyboy maps
brags and "pwnt bitch" every time they bomb someone
runs in front of teamates jet and punishes because they beat them to it

i enjoy flying jets from time to time, but not like that ^.  i dont try to rack up points and prove my uber 1337ness, i try to help my team win.  if someone says "enemy helicopter spotted",  i say, "roger that", and im on my way.  i also spend time keeping enemy jets from owning my team.

however, if a tank is killing my guys and is on his way to capping an important flag, im gonna bomb his ass.  now, usually im pretty accurate.  sometimes im not quite so accurate, and you may see this :

Kr39[J-10]enemytank
Kr39[J-10]enemy
Kr39[Teamkills]somedouche

i quickly appologize (which isnt as easy when you are flying), and by the time i say sorry ive been punished and have a pending kick-vote.  sorry bro, when i blew up that tank that was gonna kill all of you anyway, and then prevent you from spawning there, i ACCIDENTALLY tked you.  minimaps and blue tags are a little hard to read somtimes from way up there. 

i can understand if someone doesnt appologize, or consistantly tks, but i think some of these ppl are tapping PgDown throughout the whole round.  either way, i know nobody has sympathy for jet pilots, but they are not always the devil!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
*sigh* sadly, I'm all too familiar with this. doesn't help that the name tag doesn't show until you release the bombs.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
i quickly appologize (which isnt as easy when you are flying), and by the time i say sorry ive been punished and have a pending kick-vote.  sorry bro, when i blew up that tank that was gonna kill all of you anyway, and then prevent you from spawning there, i ACCIDENTALLY tked you.  minimaps and blue tags are a little hard to read somtimes from way up there. 

i can understand if someone doesnt appologize, or consistantly tks, but i think some of these ppl are tapping PgDown throughout the whole round.  either way, i know nobody has sympathy for jet pilots, but they are not always the devil!
This is one of my biggest complaints in BF2. I wish the game told the team member what they got TKed with. When you're flying 1000+ MPH and bomb a tank, accidentally killing one of your team mates; they might as well think you killed them with a grenade and punish.

Another complaint is when you fire a missle at an enemy aircraft and your missile hits one of your black hawks and it ends up with:

{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche
{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche2
{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche3
{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche4
{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche5
{M5}Sniper3[Teamkills]somedouche6

You have been punished for Teamkilling.

chickenmuncher
+2|6751| U.S.A.
Red text I fully agree, I am very new to BF 2 (I have only played a couple of times on this account) and I only play a few times a month if that, at my friends house. On the rare occasion I jump into a jet, I'm actualy not to bad because I have Desert Combat to practice. I team killed this jerk accidentally when I took out an enemy tank tank ( he was driving by in a buggy), I call him the jerk because I said "Sorry, my bad" over the in-game radio AND typed a full sentence explaining what happened. He , of course, called me a f*cker for stealing "his" plane. I was punished and on that particular server, it striped me of half my points in game. So people who think that a plane is "theirs", its not its the person who gets in it first and don't complain. Also, if you happen to get team killed, wait about 15 seconds for the person the apoligize, if the kill was ment for you of course you punish him/her, but if it was artillery or a plane bomb or something similar, don't punish unless it is ABSOLUTY nessasary.
shaunboulton
+1|6764
off topic but its buggin me now, how the hell do i create a topic????

sorry, plz help
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

shaunboulton wrote:

sorry, plz help
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/vespasxrockx76/newtopic.jpg
RadeonII
+1|6775
oh yeah thats one of the worst punishes ever, I`ve killed a full enemy apv  i see a long list of good kills with 1 single tk and the jacka$$ punishes for it.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6781
yeah...fortunately i play on several servers where the majority of people know whats going on...you'll always have those instant refuse to forgive retards though...most of the time though, when people spot tanks i'm on my way and kill the tank, sometimes there are teamates in the area and usually don't punish if they know what happened...unfortunately there will always be retards though...

what REALLY pisses me off is when your HUD shows an enemy target and doesn't change to the X over it until after you've dropped the bombs...it's kind of ironic really...i'll see friendlys at a flag and an enemy box pop up near them, so i swoop in and drop bombs and as I heard the click click of the bombs releasing blue tags pop up...the shitty part is there's nothing you can do at that point except say sorry
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6793
I get punished so damned much that I don't even care anymore.  I used to get nuts about it and chat back to the punisher that it was an accident and that they are a jerk for punishing.  Most often they just reply with the comment like "watch where you're bombing/shooting/etc." which isn't always possible.

Almost all TKs are accidents.  I never understand- why punish if it's an accident?  Would you punish your child for an accident?  Man, people are just jerks.
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
Hmmm.. I sometimes punish flyers. Minding my own business in a DPV, APC whatever a plane swoops in and teamkills me. Maybe, if you flyers aren´t totally sure its an enemy vehicle, you shouldn´t bomb? Make sure and turn back?

I also often forgive, if a tank is murdering us around a flag I´m willing to forgive when a plane gets it. But whining for punishing after bombing your own team just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6786|Florida
Punishes should be taken off for all air vehicles cause 99.99 of the time its a mofuggin accident but why would they care.They think it was "their kill"but they would have probably got owned.Thats one reason i would purchase a server cause as soon as some fag runs in front of my stuff then punishes i will ban them >_<
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6794|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I agree with you all it is so stupid that it happens.   Think of it as in real war when a B-52 from 70,000 feet above the earth drops mass amounts of bombs ans kills some of our guys.  Hey look lets punish the B-52 pilot for it happening.  Yeah right, that never happens.  As long as the enemy is gone I am happy and that I can respawn back and help protect the flag I am totally cool with it.   So, to make a long story short, yeah those guys need to learn to stop TK'ing when they had one of their teammate take out a whole squad of guys.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761
I don't even wait for an apology, I forgive, unless it was blatant asshattery or stupidity (see my thread "red text bug is no excuse for repeated tk").  Not only that, but I apologize profusely because, whether I forgive or punish, that guy just got a -2.  Example: I'm driving a FAV down the road on Wake, and I see a friendly tank coming down the road.  There's trees next to me, so I can't move off the road, and so I try to pass him on the side, but I do it too late, and my jeep blows up on his tank.  I forgave immediately and apologized in text chat, then respawned as engineer, fixed his tank back to full health, and hopped into the gunner.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

what REALLY pisses me off is when your HUD shows an enemy target and doesn't change to the X over it until after you've dropped the bombs...it's kind of ironic really...i'll see friendlys at a flag and an enemy box pop up near them, so i swoop in and drop bombs and as I heard the click click of the bombs releasing blue tags pop up...the shitty part is there's nothing you can do at that point except say sorry
If you have an X on screen (friendly vehicle) and the guy gets out it turns into a "live" valid target...extremely annoying bug.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6793

stoneisland wrote:

Hmmm.. I sometimes punish flyers. Minding my own business in a DPV, APC whatever a plane swoops in and teamkills me. Maybe, if you flyers aren´t totally sure its an enemy vehicle, you shouldn´t bomb? Make sure and turn back?

I also often forgive, if a tank is murdering us around a flag I´m willing to forgive when a plane gets it. But whining for punishing after bombing your own team just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Even so, if the they TKed you BY ACCIDENT, shouldn't you forgive?
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6793

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

I don't even wait for an apology, I forgive, unless it was blatant asshattery or stupidity (see my thread "red text bug is no excuse for repeated tk").  Not only that, but I apologize profusely because, whether I forgive or punish, that guy just got a -2.  Example: I'm driving a FAV down the road on Wake, and I see a friendly tank coming down the road.  There's trees next to me, so I can't move off the road, and so I try to pass him on the side, but I do it too late, and my jeep blows up on his tank.  I forgave immediately and apologized in text chat, then respawned as engineer, fixed his tank back to full health, and hopped into the gunner.
Kudos to you kind sir!
Turtle
+7|6757|Boulder, CO

chuyskywalker wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

If you have an X on screen (friendly vehicle) and the guy gets out it turns into a "live" valid target...extremely annoying bug.
Yes extremely annoying, usually you'll get punished for this by ppl who never fly jets and don't know that the pilot can't tell the difference between an enemy vehicle and a jeep a teammate just got out of. Especially since most ppl make bombing runs from a fair altitude so they can strafe the area with the mg before releasing bombs. I always forgive for that although it can be avoided, it's just really not very easy if you're flying at 900 mph while being targeted by aa/aircraft.. Even a quick blast from the mg will own a jeep and any infantry within 5m.
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden

MatRx9 wrote:

stoneisland wrote:

Accidents do happen. But on certain maps like Clean Sweep or Daqing the flyers just seem to loose it completely. Bombing anything moving and then expecting a "sorry" to make me happy again. Those 15 seconds gets pretty annoying after a while..  I really don´t expect the flyers to change their behaviour but if youre bombing friendlies, even by accident, be prepared to get a few punishes.

And my guess is that you flyers pretty much always punish for teamkills at the airstrip so who are you to whine?
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6793

stoneisland wrote:

MatRx9 wrote:

stoneisland wrote:

Accidents do happen. But on certain maps like Clean Sweep or Daqing the flyers just seem to loose it completely. Bombing anything moving and then expecting a "sorry" to make me happy again. Those 15 seconds gets pretty annoying after a while..  I really don´t expect the flyers to change their behaviour but if youre bombing friendlies, even by accident, be prepared to get a few punishes.

And my guess is that you flyers pretty much always punish for teamkills at the airstrip so who are you to whine?
Um, I don't punish.  Unless it's a blatant walk-up-to-me-and-shoot-me-in-the-face type of thing you'll get no grief from me (even in that situation I may respawn to see if it happens again before punishing).  My point is that I don't punish for anything unintended, be it on the air field or at a flag.  And, for what it's worth, when there is a lot of TKing going on at the air strip it is usually unpurpose and the act of griefers as in people shoot others because they want the vehicle or they dive in front of it when another person gets it. 

You're going to do what you want, and I'm not going to get into a flame war with you, but do try to understand that if I'm flying around at 900+ MPH and drop a bomb at an enemy or enemy base and you get killed in the process IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.  I just can't see punishing someone for an accident.  In fact, I believe that when a player punishes it's actually to make themselves feel better rather then to actually make the punished feel a certain way.  As in "I'm so pissed that guy killed me, here... I'll hit punish... that will teach him!"  Only, it doesn't teach anybody anything... only makes you feel better.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6763|Austin TX
this is what i mean.  "you flyers"  why does it have to be like that?  you ppl from stockholm, you are always stereotyping.

not every pilot bunnyhops on the strip and tks and runs in front of jet and punishes. i just dont think you should judge a "flyer" as being a douche no matter what. 

BTW: PUNISHING IS TO RID THE GAME OF INTENTIONAL TKERS.  EVEN STUPID ACCIDENTS SHOULD BE AT LEAST CONSIDERED BEFORE PUNISHING.
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6607|Sweden
I almost never punish, unless I get TK´d by a plane.
I HATE getting killed by a friendly plane.
Them pilots standing at the hangar waiting for a plane to spawn, and when it spawns and they don´t get it, running out on the strip to get TK´d, and of course punish.

And;
If you bomb an enemy base, TKing someone and he punishes you, remeber what the game is all about.
Capping flags. I spent 550 hours in this game, and have never seen a plane cap a flag. The poor guy on the ground maybe had everything under control, flag was about to turn, and BOOM, a "friendly" plane finish you off.
page up, or page down, hmmm.

And;
If I punish you, you still have 2 or more punishes left before kick.
And a guy with 3 or more TKs isnt a very good pilot, is he??

Last edited by Jejjk (2006-05-15 16:00:48)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

shaunboulton wrote:

sorry, plz help
Click Index, click where you believe your topics belongs under (chatter, etc.), top right you'll see "new post"
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6699|NCFSU2
I think the majority of people don't like jet pilots simply because too many of fly to only get points and "whore". I used to think that the only reason jets were in this game was to constantly bomb the enemy runway for no reason...

Most of the flyboys out there are useless and do only that instead of what their supposed to: take out enemy air. Sure, bombing the occansional tank now and then to help out a group of grunts is great, but by and large, grunts can take care of armor on their own. It's the enemy helo's and jets that we have problems with and have no real offensive capability against save some crappy stationary AA turrets and a Linebacker (or other army variant).

I'm no pilot, but I do know what works. So please pilots, do your intended job and kill the damned enemy air...
FromTheAshes
+53|6704
Don't tk, you wont get punished. Watch where you place your bombs.
SiMSaM16
+48|6693|United States of America

Kr39 wrote:

Because i was flying over you at 900mph!  i know everyone hates a jet whore, myself included.  but my definition of a jet whore is somone who:

tks for it
spends  half a round waiting for it
only plays flyboy maps
brags and "pwnt bitch" every time they bomb someone
runs in front of teamates jet and punishes because they beat them to it

i enjoy flying jets from time to time, but not like that ^.  i dont try to rack up points and prove my uber 1337ness, i try to help my team win.  if someone says "enemy helicopter spotted",  i say, "roger that", and im on my way.  i also spend time keeping enemy jets from owning my team.

however, if a tank is killing my guys and is on his way to capping an important flag, im gonna bomb his ass.  now, usually im pretty accurate.  sometimes im not quite so accurate, and you may see this :

Kr39[J-10]enemytank
Kr39[J-10]enemy
Kr39[Teamkills]somedouche

Amen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard