Buzerk1
+44|6834

gene_pool wrote:

My stats are teh shittest around (nearly) and yet I can snipe good. soo stats aren't a good replication of how good the sniper is.
Really? Explain to me? When you say you can snipe good, it's based on what exactly? I don't mean to beat you around, but to say you are sniping good, you must have something to support it
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6786|Singapore

He does. His mouth.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6692|Vancouver BC Canada
The ones who dont run back to the same spot after being killed. <----thats not me
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.
"Really? Explain to me? When you say you can snipe good, it's based on what exactly? I don't mean to beat you around, but to say you are sniping good, you must have something to support it "

Yea true that. But it doesn't mean everything. I'm working on getting ebtter stats to actually SHOW that I am a good player....

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-05-30 22:49:15)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6757|San Antonio, Texas

polarbearz wrote:

He does. His mouth.
You mean keyboard? lol

But really, a good sniper is someone that kills the enemy before the enemy kills him.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.
Lol, like support in close range? I find it funny how you can tak down the guys with the biggest machine gun in the game, with a sniper in close range.... Just go prone and aim at there feet.....there head will be there soon enough....
flossmore
+10|6653|Cherry Valley, IL
A dead one
Whiteylights
+0|6541|Calgary, Alberta
When you take out snipers who think they have the best spot in the world.
Personally im not that good with a Sniper. I've found i get far more kills with other Kits.
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
stats, and especially accuracy, are not indicators of a "good" sniper.  how else do you learn than by taking shots you may not make?  what i consider my best round ever was not my most deadly round.  i was on 64 kubra in a squad with a cobra crew and spec ops boys.  as squad leader, i took an overwatch position in which i had a clear view of 4 enemy bases, two chopper spawns, two jet spawns, numerous ground vehicle spawns, and enemy assets.  the six of us completely supressed their advance.  their jets never got off the ground, nor did their choppers.  my chopper crew knew exactly where every vehicle was and where it was going.  my spec ops kids kept the assets down, so their commander never knew where i was.  my only job was keeping the stationary AA position quiet, it got to the point where they didn't even bother jumping in.  this is what a good sniper/forward observer can do.
asdasd123
+-1|6539
a truely good sniper is one that uses cilit bang on his rifel
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6827
The best type of snipers are the ones that get off their asses and go cap a few flags.
[tlv]TDL
+7|6656
What Makes a "Good" sniper?
He doesn't play sniper, but medic.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6537|The Lost Highway

sharpshot19 wrote:

exactly what zeon said...IMO it also includes knowing the maps inside and out, have a routine of spots that you rotate through if/after you get killed in one spot. if your area gets taken over and you dont even realize it, take it back when you thinks its clear to. and spot, spot, spot!!! ive been in games where the commander doesnt spot shit so you dont know where anything is unless theres a uav overhead... it really helps everyone out by spotting things out and throw in an "enemy boat spotted" every now and again lol, everyone gets a kick outta that. also, this may be just me but work at mastering one map at a time, find a 24/7 server that runs  one map the whole time....it gets old after 15 rounds of the same map but it helps you learn that map better.
I got kicked today for spamming 'Enemy boat spotted' over and over. Another guy was doing it as well, but I dunno if he got booted too.

Also, more on topic...

A good sniper is someone who helps his team by defending, spotting, and supplying cover fire. Stats don't mean shit.

Another indication is how well they hold up with ALOT of other snipers on the other team. 8/10 I do well as a Sniper when there aren't many other snipers to contend with. But when you've got skilled scope masters for an enemy, it's a hell of alot harder. My sniper stats aren't too impressive. I was horrible with the kit when I first started using it.

Another also...

Does anyones sniping skills seem to vary? Somedays I get headshots almost every shot, and just slay the enemy. Other's, no matter how many times I put my scope on that prone enemy's ugly face and fire, I can't hit 'em.

ALSO! (Jesus...)

Does anyone else get pissed when you're in a good sniping spot, and another sniper comes in next to you? It's the worst when they wait for you to get a body shot then finish 'em for you. An admin on Budznetwork was doing that to me today, so I stabbed his ass and made a reference to sexing his mothers eye socket.

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2006-06-02 01:07:27)

TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6592|Las Vegas, NV USA
BE AN ASSET TO THE TEAM!!!

Everything else...

Accuracy, KDR, head-shots, leading targets, and bullet-drop compensation...

...will come with time and practice.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6756|Brixham, UK
Someone:

Who can consistantly hit headshots
Who knows the best spots on each maps
Who knows how to remain concealed
Who can go large periods of the match without getting killed
Who can adapt to the situation around them

THink that's about it.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6712|US
Makes the enemy nervous
Makes the enemy avoid important areas
Follows the tactical situation
Kills the enemy in large numbers
Works as part of the team

Stats are irrelevant.  If the sniper changes the course of the game to favor his team, they have done their job.
VaNiSh
Banned
+18|6686
good ping = good sniper

I live in alaska so I lead people 20 feet for a hs but I will still pwn you
twiistaaa
+87|6666|mexico
..a dead sniper.

oh no u dit'nt
SoiCowboy
+2|6600
Someone who supports the Infantry.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6624|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Personally i think that a good sniper is someone who works as part of a team, kills from a long distance whilst maintaining a decent accuracy level and hardly dies at all in a round, also has the skill to cap flags, against what most people think snipers can capture flags with relative ease, you have a pistol and claymores use them
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6624|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Hmmm i got -1  'proud of britan???? moron - Spark'

All i can say is Suck my British Cock you insolent little worm...

Of course this could be some little faggot impersonation of Spark i assume this due to his amount of 120 Karma if its not however by all means please post your nonsensical view.

Last edited by =|A mere Shadow|= (2006-06-11 04:33:38)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

A good computer
M3Z-X
[KNTL] - Kill Now Think Later
+28|6528|London, England

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

The best snipers aim for the head always.
The best snipers are always on the move but never in sight
The best snipers are patient
The best snipers can get at least a 4/1 Ratio on foot in 1 round.
The best snipers never run away but never stand still.
The best snipers don't get spotted by anyone who will live to tell about it!
Hit The Nail On the Head!!!!!!! but your forgetting the key point tho! CLAYMORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLAYMORE WHORE!!!!! hehe!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard