Poll

Is nationalism a disease?

Yes.35%35% - 35
No.39%39% - 39
Yours is; ours is justified patriotism.26%26% - 26
Total: 100
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6639|The Netherlands
there wouldnt be war if nationalism didnt exist!
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6566
Pro_NL = incorrect

(P.S. Tread on him ^ ^ ^)
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6567|Oslo, Norway
Well, the country I live in has actually been named as the best country to live in, by the UN.

Enough said...
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6639|The Netherlands

Xietsu wrote:

Pro_NL = incorrect

(P.S. Tread on him ^ ^ ^)
i am, look, i evrybody lived in america, there wouldnt be war, cause they are the samen ppl like u
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

-Solv3r- wrote:

Well, the country I live in has actually been named as the best country to live in, by the UN.

Enough said...
But you're not allowed to be proud of that!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
Of course it's a disease.

Some people are so ignorant they don't even see it in themselves. 

USA can't be on the top forever, fellow Americans.  So enjoy it while it lasts.  I'm trying.  Bush is kind of making it shitty-er than it already was.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6719
Nationalism is better than Religious association that is much more problimatic causeing wars.  It is much harder to Rationalize or Compramize with Religion as the justification for action.
mikkel
+383|6611
Being able to be proud of your country is a great thing, but if it degenerates into some pre-mature pissing contest on an international scale, it's most definitely a disease.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6566
Those embryonic mutants! Always trying to piss, but they know they can't! And to think they would even try to do so from one nation to another...shame.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6720|Sweden
With Nationalism comes ignorance and Rasism. Which is bad. But i dont have a problem with nationalism, i guess i could be called a nationalist, i love my country for several reasons. I also hate nazis which is an extreme kind of Nationalism.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

The definition of nationalism is too broad for this poll.
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6550

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

dont tread on me
?
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6618|Sweden
sweden must be the least nationalistic country in the world, somehow its frawned upon to be patriotic here, some people believe immigrants might be offended if we wave with the swedish flag or sing our national anthem on big days.

its bizzarre actually, but i hope and i think it will change soon, just this year the government made our national day (june 6th) a work free day maybe celebrations will follow
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6720|Sweden
Sure, celebrations will be followed. But in some terms it's still a sick country. Being a patriot here is pretty much like being a nazi. But it's slowly changing, even though i dont think alot of people are gonna celebrate the 6th of june..
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA

xXSarnathXx wrote:

sweden must be the least nationalistic country in the world, somehow its frawned upon to be patriotic here, some people believe immigrants might be offended if we wave with the swedish flag or sing our national anthem on big days.

its bizzarre actually, but i hope and i think it will change soon, just this year the government made our national day (june 6th) a work free day maybe celebrations will follow
FUCK EM ALL!!
BE FUCKING SWEDISH!!!
PAINT YOUR HEAD WITH THE NATIONAL COLORS!!!
HAVE THE FLAG TATTOOED ON YOUR ASS AND STREAK YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

Shit, if I make it to Sweden I'll put the tattoo on for you!!

If the immigrants have a problem they should have migrated somewhere else.

I actually think it's a shame that your gov't hasn't already celebrated the national day (i'm assuming this is the day that you celebrate the founding of Sweden) as a national holiday.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-06-01 14:46:03)

Random-Hero58
+10|6569|TX
I think there needs to be some nationalism, not too much though cause it can get out of hand. But I think everyone should be proud of their country (wether they like the leadership or not).
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Marconius wrote:

I greatly dislike Nationalism.  It gives the rest of our society a bad name...
isn't it awesome that we have men and women in uniform, that has fought and are willing to fight for you to feel that way, even when you are not willing to?

God I love America!!

Last edited by lowing (2006-06-01 18:29:11)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Pssst, lowing...just because I don't go around saying "It's either OUR way or the HIGHWAY" doesn't mean I don't appreciate the freedoms we have in this country.

The whole guilt-trip argument of having men and women "fighting for our freedoms" will not sway me in the slightest until I experience an actual country attempting to destroy said rights by attacking our lands or whose ingrained anti-US ideology was not altered or brought upon by direct US intervention.  I absolutely do not approve of Nationalistic Manifest Destiny that the vast majority of our armed forces have decided to represent, or at least how the current government has decided to use them as such.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Marconius wrote:

Pssst, lowing...just because I don't go around saying "It's either OUR way or the HIGHWAY" doesn't mean I don't appreciate the freedoms we have in this country.

The whole guilt-trip argument of having men and women "fighting for our freedoms" will not sway me in the slightest until I experience an actual country attempting to destroy said rights by attacking our lands or whose ingrained anti-US ideology was not altered or brought upon by direct US intervention.  I absolutely do not approve of Nationalistic Manifest Destiny that the vast majority of our armed forces have decided to represent, or at least how the current government has decided to use them as such.
I know that Marconious........ fortunately, none of those that served or have served and in allot of cases died while serving, are willing to sit back and let their own be harmed while waiting for your ridiculous criteria, of when you will stand up for your country to be met.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6566
LmaO. That was the most fucked up sentence construction I've seen in awhile man, but after a moment of deciphering, I got what you mean. But anyways, Marconius isn't identifying parameters for his enlistment, he is talking about the manner in which one references the concept of enrollment in ones military service. It's this type of bemused, superiorist attitude that many Americans have when it comes to another's perception differing in even the slightest degree that causes blanket hatred from other countries (although, those that partake in such stereotyping have little to say for themselves, either).
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6553|My head
Think for yourself, question authority....

America

Live Free or Die
Capt. Foley
+155|6598|Allentown, PA, USA

Major_Spittle wrote:

No, but liberalism is a mental disorder.
Yes, Im starting to hate the extremests who bash our troops who give the the freedom to say what ever the fuck they want.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Xietsu wrote:

LmaO. That was the most fucked up sentence construction I've seen in awhile man, but after a moment of deciphering, I got what you mean. But anyways, Marconius isn't identifying parameters for his enlistment, he is talking about the manner in which one references the concept of enrollment in ones military service. It's this type of bemused, superiorist attitude that many Americans have when it comes to another's perception differing in even the slightest degree that causes blanket hatred from other countries (although, those that partake in such stereotyping have little to say for themselves, either).
I have never claimed to be superior to anyone except those that seek out innocent civilians for murder in the name of anything, and those that will not stand up and defend themselves against such attacks.

Sorry for my sentence structure, I will review my School House Rock tapes again. It got late last night and I stopped just before Conjunction Junction.
Capt. Foley
+155|6598|Allentown, PA, USA

atlvolunteer wrote:

American and proud of it.  I don't see what the problem is with being proud of your country...
Because America is such a horrible country that is causing problems all over the world and is stupid, fat, and lazy.

Sarcasm in case your that slow.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

technically, the mexicans had my land first, but then the calvary kicked them out and then we built souther california. thats how oktoberfest started, true story

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard