-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas
@ Not! I think EA contradicts itself, so it’s hard to take anything they say too seriously!

EA/DICE use macros to map keys for BF2!
If you change the primary (default keys), your changing the original macros!
If you add any keys to you secondary key slots, you’re using macros!
If you set up a joystick, you’re using macros!

@ DrunkFlea, just trying to pull a few chains
DrunkFlea
+6|6643

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

@ DrunkFlea, just trying to pull a few chains
I hear ya

Until some higher power can make a definitive ruling on which macros are OK and which aren't, we may just have to agree to disagree on this one.
niomosy
+26|6691

sgt_mango333 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Right, first off I play online with EstebanRey all the time and he's one of those players you're glad to have on your team. Points dont seem to mean shit to him and he plays purely for the teamwork/tactics side of the game, often chosing kits everyone hates to use but are essential to a good squad, a rare commodity.

Macros haven't done shit to improve his stats *sorry dude* and he uses a joystick and mouse combination for the control functions that amazes me in its complexity and intricacy. To think how any advantage is gained through this setup is astounding and if macros did offer any advantage at all it should all go to him to compensate.

As far as I understand macros don't aim for you, don't initiate fire for you, don't make you any faster than the game allows anyway and don't make you invincible. I would hate the hassle of having to set them up so I've never used them but can't see the objection to their use. If the game's all about teamplay you've got the wrong guy.
Ricardo that's all well and good and no one is attacking him personally; well I'm not anyway.  Team players are rare, especially the one's you are describing Esteban to be.  However, the macros he's described will give him an edge albeit a small one.  I can appreciate his desire to limit his hand fatigue and whatever RSI is...wouldn't we all like to.  The fact is, this game does not support his methods.  The community does not support his methods.  And the fact that PB does not look for macros does not make it right or ok.  If the macros were limited to single key binding to facilitate his unique setup, this wouldn't be a discussion and I'd say more power to him.
Does the game need to explicitly support the methods?  That the game allows external device drivers for special-use keyboards with programmable keys, joysticks, gaming mice, etc. means that macros are probably going to be used.

Further, since I've seen games that do explicitly tell you that they do not allow macros, EA's lack of specific mention of it does open up the door to the use of macros even if they don't explicitly say they allow it.  Something like everything being legal unless there's a law against it.

I don't use them but I'm not really going to grief someone that does.  More power to them for taking the time to set them up for the situations they need them in.
panderiz
+32|6768

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

panderiz wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/58417737/

This guy needs macros!
I don't care, I'm a cheater....you're a cock......aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd a nobend.
Nice call asshat, go make a macro that makes you worse at the game than you already are.  And I'm sure you'll enjoy doing it.

Almost every post you make never actually addresses points made.  Why do you bother posting in these forums?
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

This thread made me go out and purchase a Logitech g15 keyboard. All I can say is - YAY! C4 is usefull again!!@!@!@3@312312#1
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Just because you use a joystick doesn't mean you should give yourself a handicap.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Okay guys, here's a vid I've just made quickly to show you the macros I have set up.  The first one is my rapid fire on my DAO and the second is my chopper seat switch/tv fire macro (ignore the missiles I fire at first, pressed the wrong button, lol). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEjxtZEmO4

Here's what they are & I am doing:

DAO-12 -

Macro: Pressing the left mouse button every 0.05 seconds and 12 times (note this only happens whilst I hold the button, i.e I can let go at any time to stop the shooting so I don't have to use a whole clip every time.

Me:  Not a lot in this vid because I'm shooting at a wall but normally I would be holding that button down whilst guiding the mouse on the enemy and moving about.

Chopper:

Macro: Pressing the F2 key, pausing for 0.1 seconds, pressing the right mouse button, futher slight pause, pressing the left mouse button and rapid firing it (like the DAO) so I can guide it in flight.

Me: Flying the chopper, guiding the mouse whilst the TV is in flight.

So there you go and I think most of you would agree that both of those could be done very easily without macros.

P.S Mango, RSI stands for Repetitive Strain Injury (You asked somewhere else in this post I think) and yes I do suffer from it as I have to work with computers all day....

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2006-06-01 15:36:27)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world

spacepelle wrote:

try to play the game as it is without macros.... or are you not good enough?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6777|EUR

elmo1337 wrote:

spacepelle wrote:

try to play the game as it is without macros.... or are you not good enough?
Oviously not but he says he has RSI - but isnt that something which should make someone bad at a game? Its like having an aimbot shoot for you for saying you get a sore wrist. - thats my two cents
petropete
+13|6409|Texas

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how macros are cheating?  Can someone please explain this to me?
Let's see, the common player can only push the mouse button so fast but you on the other side by assigning a macro you have at least a 5X advantage. Isn't that cheating? If you dont believe that is cheating why dont you stop using your macros andplay like everyone else?

Please no lame excuses of hurting your fingers.  You are not playing the game to enjoy it but just to brag about it and attempt to dominate.
Des.Kmal
+917|6620|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Macros = gay.

FYI there
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6647|Malibu

petropete wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how macros are cheating?  Can someone please explain this to me?
Let's see, the common player can only push the mouse button so fast but you on the other side by assigning a macro you have at least a 5X advantage. Isn't that cheating? If you dont believe that is cheating why dont you stop using your macros andplay like everyone else?

Please no lame excuses of hurting your fingers.  You are not playing the game to enjoy it but just to brag about it and attempt to dominate.
See there is a reason why they haven't made DAO-12 full auto unlike Jackhammer, which is full auto. If you macro and make DAO-12 into a full-auto weapon by holding down a button, it is considered cheating. Same goes with any weapon which doesn't have the full-auto option. Is your finger getting tired of rapid firing? Of course your finger will get tired, it is meant to be that way so that you can't always rapid fire away that weapon. If you get tired too often then work out your fingers using squeeze balls.

Mapping a key for changing position is not cheating. However, if you macro so that you can just hold down and have to not click constantly is cheating. It is intended so that it is harder to guide the TV missiles.
psycokiller05
Jihad God
+18|6595

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I really don't see this "advantage" everyone talks about.  Like I said before I could use a macro or simply set up keys in the options so they are right next to each other in sequence and get the same effect.  However one's considered "cheating" and the other "clever button mapping".

Besides, why doesn't punkbuster stop these programmes if they are considered cheats?
MACROS ARE FOR THE WEAK THAT CANT PLAY
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6531|UK

TheMackumSlayer wrote:

i know macros arnt classed as cheating but they give a unfair advantage, what chance do you have against a dao 12 from close range if hes using a rapid fire macro.

i have nothing against macros if everybody used them but hardly anyone  does so its a big advantage
Are you still accusing me of macros?
When you say last war, do you mean my clan?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard