atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA
I found a link to this from another site I visit and thought it worth posting here.
http://atheistvoices.com/islamlove.htm
Boy, those muslims sure are a peace-loving people...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

atlvolunteer wrote:

I found a link to this from another site I visit and thought it worth posting here.
I remember that quite clearly when it was on European news channels. They were just a crackpot minority. The overwhelmning majority of attendees were peaceful and abhorred the kind of shit those guys were spouting. Official apologies were made by certain muslim parties and people were prosecuted for race hatred and inciting violence so the crackpots doubly shot themselves in the foot.

We shouldn't generalise. Those guys were muslim and happened to be crackpots, the vast majority of muslims are not crackpots like that and fit well into UK society. Muslims in Germany and France have a tougher time fitting in but thus far they haven't threatened or caused any violence. There are practically no muslims in Ireland but those I know personally are fine human beings.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-05-31 07:57:07)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6847
Every religion has it's extremists and people that preach hate.  Muslims are in the news because of terror attacks.  I doubt that practicing the Islamic faith and being a terrorist is a 1 to 1 relation.  While I am pretty sure that it is just the area.  Most of those people would be blowing each other up no matter what religion they followed.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6671|The Outer Circle
this does make u smile really.....

...where i live its bad....

if i walk in the street and look at a muslim funny, i'm instigating racial hatred. <-- as a police man told me when i was walkin through a majority populated area of muslims... they felt threatened because of 1 'infidel' as we non muslims are known.

now they are allowed to stand in large numbers PUBLICALLY displaying hatred to the west, europeans, and even the country from which they leach so much from!

this really annoys me.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Erkut.hv
+124|6745|California

CameronPoe wrote:

Muslims in Germany and France have a tougher time fitting in but thus far they haven't threatened or caused any violence.
Yeah, those car fires were a peaceful demonstration.... I would hate to see them protest violently. Careful not to show em cartoons, or make a film about Women in Islam.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

Erkut.hv wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Muslims in Germany and France have a tougher time fitting in but thus far they haven't threatened or caused any violence.
Yeah, those car fires were a peaceful demonstration.... I would hate to see them protest violently. Careful not to show em cartoons, or make a film about Women in Islam.
My genuine mistake. Forgot about the Paris riots. That was more a social classes/immigration issue rather than a religious one though.
GATOR591957
+84|6636
Muslim hatred didn't start in this century.  In the 1800's they invited an American ship to their ports and subsequently massacred the entire ship.  I'm tired of hearing it is just a small percentage of people making us all look bad.  I feel for Europe as you are being invaded day after day to which your majority will be Muslim someday.  What's even harder is stopping it, being a free society and all.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

GATOR591957 wrote:

Muslim hatred didn't start in this century.  In the 1800's they invited an American ship to their ports and subsequently massacred the entire ship.  I'm tired of hearing it is just a small percentage of people making us all look bad.  I feel for Europe as you are being invaded day after day to which your majority will be Muslim someday.  What's even harder is stopping it, being a free society and all.
GATOR - The muslim population of the Republic of Ireland is miniscule. The only countries that have muslim populations in Europe are the past colonial powers - who owe a debt to those countries they shafted for so many years. Having said that Islam will never come close to being more than just a minority grouping within Europe. It is much harder for some foreigner to get EU citizenship than it is for Mexicans to swim across the Rio Grande and get a job in a Taco Bell.
GATOR591957
+84|6636
Living in Arizona I can relate to that.  It's interesting, how do you, how can I say it, filter those who can become citizens and those who can't.  As you can see we are debating that over here.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
EU citizenship laws here in Ireland have tightened up considerably. We were having a problem with Nigerians and ROmanians coming over to Ireland on internal EU flights, pregnant, and having their babies here! Instant citizenship because our laws were more lax than elsewhere in the EU! That was quickly changed - that has now been made impossible and even the child does not automatically recieve citizenship even though it was born on Irish soil. Harsh but probably fair.
We give temporary work visa allocations to less developed countries with which we have reciprocal agreements or cordial relations. There are quotas that can't be exceeded and these people are not entitled to citizenship. The difference between here and the US I think is that we deport all illegals, no ifs or buts - we stick em on the first flight back to wherever they came from. Shifting 20m mexicans would take a rather large plane. I guess USA should have tightened up it's controls a long time ago.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6731|Indianapolis, IN
I agree with Monkey, every religion has its extremists. And it is the extermists that you hear about, why would the media show the people that are actually following the idea of their religion.  As a Christian, the extremists would be that church in Kansas.  For muslims, I am sure that it is terrorists. 

I know two muslims and they are wonderful people.
Erkut.hv
+124|6745|California

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

I agree with Monkey, every religion has its extremists. And it is the extermists that you hear about, why would the media show the people that are actually following the idea of their religion.  As a Christian, the extremists would be that church in Kansas.  For muslims, I am sure that it is terrorists. 

I know two muslims and they are wonderful people.
The thing is, you never hear msulim groups coming out against anything that their brethren do. When those heretics calling themselves Christians protest at military funerals (won't give them the recognition they want), many people speak out against them publicly.

After 9/11, all I saw were fat pakistani women dancing in the streets burning American flags.
tip700
+9|6633
i also remember seeing picture and video footage of some sorta christian organisaiton compaigning at dead soldiers funerals that they were punished by god and god would cleanse everyone or some shit, i agree with the comment every religoun has its extremists
Janysc
+59|6693|Norway

CameronPoe wrote:

The only countries that have muslim populations in Europe are the past colonial powers - who owe a debt to those countries they shafted for so many years.
That's actually wrong. Most, if not all countries in Europe have Muslims within their borders. I live in Norway; I should know.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

Janysc wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

The only countries that have muslim populations in Europe are the past colonial powers - who owe a debt to those countries they shafted for so many years.
That's actually wrong. Most, if not all countries in Europe have Muslims within their borders. I live in Norway; I should know.
Correction: I meant sizeable muslim populations.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

CameronPoe wrote:

Janysc wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

turkey?
Janysc
+59|6693|Norway

CameronPoe wrote:

Janysc wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Ah. While I do believe the Muslim population in Norway is significant; our Conservative Party is worried that they might start their own party soon. I say, let them do it. Let their voice be heard; and besides, calling for jihad is hardly political and wouldn't belong in the political world over here.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just an unemployed viking.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6767|Vienna, Austria

CameronPoe wrote:

OMFG they are ALWAYS causing touble. I'm in Austria, so we have a similar situation like in Germany and surveys predicted that no less than 40% of the muslims here don't want to integrate (mostly due to religious & cultural reasons)... and those are just those who at least admit it, so please don't tell me they don't cause fuckin trouble. I hate that "Oh peace everywhere, don't talk so bad about the muslims" crap. Open your eyes guys and stop being idiotic, there are cultures that don't get along with each other, and those are Western & Islamic culture. Sad but true.
Let the -1 fest begin because "I'm so intolerant" and what not...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

Vintageologist wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

OMFG they are ALWAYS causing touble. I'm in Austria, so we have a similar situation like in Germany and surveys predicted that no less than 40% of the muslims here don't want to integrate (mostly due to religious & cultural reasons)... and those are just those who at least admit it, so please don't tell me they don't cause fuckin trouble. I hate that "Oh peace everywhere, don't talk so bad about the muslims" crap. Open your eyes guys and stop being idiotic, there are cultures that don't get along with each other, and those are Western & Islamic culture. Sad but true.
Let the -1 fest begin because "I'm so intolerant" and what not...
I personally see non-integration of muslims into western society here in Europe as one of the biggest problems facing those European nations that are home to many muslims. I also think Turkey cannot ever be a part of the EU as Islam is largely incompatible with western values. Islam preaches 'Absolute submission to the will of Allah' - this often doesn't quite fit with western democracy and secular laws.
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6639|The Netherlands

atlvolunteer wrote:

yes...but why they blow up things if they dont like something....weird habit
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6656|Nova Scotia

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

yes...but why they blow up things if they dont like something....weird habit
Hahahaha!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Janysc wrote:

turkey?
Personally, I don't regard Turkey as a european nation.
Aardcore
+60|6722|USA, Arizona
These guys are alot like New Testament Christian denominations. If history reminds me, Christianity and Islam carry a word of 'God' out more seriously than they ever did. Crusades anyone? Sure there were economic and power statuses behind each religion's reason to fight and kill one another but to each their own. I'm not a Muslim so I won't even begin to judge. Just as no Muslim should judge me in return.

The truth about it is that Islam was created in a country that only knows war. Not only that, but the principles of Islam are based on a religion ruled by the sword. Take some research and insight into it and you'll see Muhammad was a very vicing, vengeful person who would 'convert' people by force. There were no door-to-door bible stops to a country's doorstep or asking "Have you found Allah today?" No, there were swords to the necks and sometimes those swords dug a little deep if you know what I mean.

Try watching Lawrence of Arabia as well, that kind of helps, tells you a little bit more about the 'truth' about Arabs/Muslims. I'm sure they have no trite against anyone when I say they are a people raised off the cruel desert sands, but it all comes back to one man who 'found' the religion itself.

As for Islam's eternal search for peace? As long as it's ISLAMIC peace. That there's one of them theologic loopholes that people tend to overlook because religion doesn't seem so important unless it pisses someone off.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6767|Vienna, Austria

CameronPoe wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

turkey?
Personally, I don't regard Turkey as a european nation.
The bigger part of Turkey is Asian, so they aren't really Europe.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA
Haha I got a neg. karma for starting this thread with no comment!  Gotta love it!

CameronPoe wrote:

Official apologies were made by certain muslim parties
If this happened then it is good to hear.  It seems to me that usually when these "extremists" do something, the "moderate" muslims remain silent.  If they don't want us to associate them with the extremists, they need to open their mouths and denounce what they are doing.

tip700 wrote:

i also remember seeing picture and video footage of some sorta christian organisaiton compaigning at dead soldiers funerals that they were punished by god and god would cleanse everyone or some shit, i agree with the comment every religoun has its extremists
If you had read all of the post preceding yours, you would see that most christians outspokenly opposed what these nutcases did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard