malarkeycoon
+16|6663|Cardiff
The only map where the BH was a problem was Mashtuur with 64 players. Basically if you got in the chopper as a pilot or a gunner there was a 95% chance you were going to get the top 3 for score. I don't remember it being a problem on any other map.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6582|The real world

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Ok i was thinking about this

PLA has the best fighter (J10), the US and MEC are smiliar to each other
F18s can dodge EVERY missle. just learn the trick. mig-29 vs. F-18 is NOT balanced when it comes to missles.

MEC has the best helicopter (Mi-28), the PLA and US are similar
The havok is a tv-guided magnet. sure, it mows infantry down like it's firing miniature-nukes, but someone who knows how to use TV-guided missles won't be relying on guns in a chopper vs. chopper fight to begin with. Cobra = faster and more agile.

AND USMC USED TO HAVE THE BEST TRANSPORT( THE BLACKHAWK) but they nerfed it. so the only thing left for USMC thats good and flies is the F15
F15 is easier to kill than an f35, seeing that it turns slower. Blackhawk domination is true, but there was nothing to counter-balance it.
word, cobra rules over the mi28, only on sharqi, with good tv missile, mi28 is worth it
GATOR591957
+84|6650

Darky wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

AND USMC USED TO HAVE THE BEST TRANSPORT( THE BLACKHAWK) but they nerfed it. so the only thing left for USMC thats good and flies is the F15
USMC has the Cobra.

If any of you have seen that video of a BH in flight, with the gunner taking out targets with the minigun as they're flying, you'll know its pretty much a flying death machine. Its almost a stream of melted lead coming from that thing. What EA should have done, is reduce the strength of the armour not the minigun. Not much, but enough that an AT rocket to the main or tail rotor would incapacitate it enough that it needed to bug out for repairs.
To show the true devestation this beast can unleash, watch this video.  http://www.wimp.com/chaingun/.  To Ea I say if you want to be as realistic as possible watch this as well.  Of course how realistic is it to die several times and be reanimated???

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2006-05-30 14:29:34)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6762|Comber, Northern Ireland

Darky wrote:

Because BH dont have rocket pods.
actually it does, they just removed them from all the maps, along with an LCAC,
T0rr3nt
+54|6600|Michigan
you obviously dont fly the f35, nor can you. this new patch i think the made it easier for the f35 to lock on other jets AND track them. thats just something i observed.

as for dodging missles. just pay attentiong to your surrounds, i personally constantly change views as i fly. if i see a jet anywhere near me trying to get behind me. i go into evasion mode. that usually works, and dont forget to flare. youll probably get hit once, but then you can go heal
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

Darky wrote:

Oh reeeeeeeeely?

https://imageserver.gaming-networks.net/www.planetbattlefield.de/Fahrzeuge/USA/Black-Hawk.jpg

The S-70 is qualified as a launch platform for the laser-guided Hellfire anti-armour missile. The Black Hawk can carry sixteen Hellfire missiles using the External Stores Support System (ESSS). The ESSS has the capability of carrying a 10,000lb payload of missiles, rockets, cannons and electronic countermeasures pods. The helicopter can also accommodate additional missiles, supplies or personnel inside the cabin.

The S-70 can mount 7.62mm (m134) or .50 calibre machine guns in the windows.
US Army Blackhawks are being fitted with the Goodrich AN/AVR-2B laser threat warning system, to enter service from 2006.
https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/black%5Fhawk/images/bl_hawk2.jpg

S-70 A Blackhawk (Export)//UH-60 Blackhawk

https://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/minigun.jpg

And here the m134 mounted on a UH-60.

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-05-31 01:38:32)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6584|Here.

david363 wrote:

Darky wrote:

actually it does, they just removed them from all the maps, along with an LCAC,
Provide the linkage. I'd save you time by pointing you here and here, but obviously, you already have that information.

Note that the variation is a Battle Hawk, hence my original statement about the Black Hawk not having rocket pods was true.

Last edited by Darky (2006-05-31 01:38:09)

whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6590|Bristol UK
we are skipping slightly off the topic of the BH here, and i agree with the majority that EA etc nerfed the hell out of it, the M134 is like spitting at the enemy, as you got no chance of killing enemy targets unless at close range in terms of power its comparable to the shotgun. they should have just taken the m134's off and stuck m249's on. The mec/Pla choppers weapon if far superior its even got splash damage, yes its slower and you have to pick your targets but it isnt hard to start getting kills if you got a good pilot.
I wish they hadnt nerfed the BH as it was so cool before, but again these choppers are flying 6 man coffins, and the only way to get any where in them as they have a speed vantage over ground transport is to fly em high and i mean very high and fast or very low and fast, thats just my opion, most of the time regardless you'll end up as AA foder.
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6590|Bristol UK
Bernadictus, man that would be so cool to have a BH like you last pic, "tooled to the teeth" as it should be. the BH in real life is a multi role aircraft like the british Lynx, it would be so realistic to use the BH in support and air to ground and air to air combat. much respect on you home work. do away with the cobra and have one seriouly tooled BH, kick ass- but i soppose its only a game
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

whilsky wrote:

Bernadictus, man that would be so cool to have a BH like you last pic, "tooled to the teeth" as it should be. the BH in real life is a multi role aircraft like the british Lynx, it would be so realistic to use the BH in support and air to ground and air to air combat. much respect on you home work. do away with the cobra and have one seriouly tooled BH, kick ass- but i soppose its only a game
The Lynx would be serious kick-ass for BF2:SF for the SAS. Man that thing flies 320km/h and is the fastest helicopter in the world! Armed with TOW Missiles. Just imagine!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6645|Little Bentcock
what happened 2 the rocket pods on the BH?
deathhaven
+4|6710
lol kung fu
[tlv]TDL
+7|6681

elmo1337 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

F18s can dodge EVERY missle. just learn the trick. mig-29 vs. F-18 is NOT balanced when it comes to missles.

The havok is a tv-guided magnet. sure, it mows infantry down like it's firing miniature-nukes, but someone who knows how to use TV-guided missles won't be relying on guns in a chopper vs. chopper fight to begin with. Cobra = faster and more agile.

F15 is easier to kill than an f35, seeing that it turns slower. Blackhawk domination is true, but there was nothing to counter-balance it.
word, cobra rules over the mi28, only on sharqi, with good tv missile, mi28 is worth it
The mig is far more maneuverable than the f18. The f18 dodges missiles, but it can't stand the mg of the MIG. The f18 missiles also do spread out a lot. But in the end, MIG vs f18 is the fairest dogfight of fighters, F35s vs Su-30 is maybe the best, to bad it doesn't happen in this game, except from custom maps. A missile can't miss a f35, the j10 is far overpowered, has the best agility and dodges like there was no lock. The f15 is the poorest plane in the game when it games to dogfighting, SU vs f15 is not fair. And the LGMs of the SUs has a sick splash damage, the f15 needs a direct hit.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

Adams_BJ wrote:

what happened 2 the rocket pods on the BH?
They got nerfed, thanks to a lot of crybabies.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

[tlv]TDL wrote:

The mig is far more maneuverable than the f18. The f18 dodges missiles, but it can't stand the mg of the MIG. The f18 missiles also do spread out a lot. But in the end, MIG vs f18 is the fairest dogfight of fighters, F35s vs Su-30 is maybe the best, to bad it doesn't happen in this game, except from custom maps. A missile can't miss a f35, the j10 is far overpowered, has the best agility and dodges like there was no lock. The f15 is the poorest plane in the game when it games to dogfighting, SU vs f15 is not fair. And the LGMs of the SUs has a sick splash damage, the f15 needs a direct hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJOlt7ar … h=mig%2029

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09jUYGv … h=mig%2029

Now i would like to see a F18a/e do THAT.

But gentlemen, back on topic please, this is about the Blackhawk, not the aircraft!

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-05-31 02:35:26)

MorbidFetus
+76|6574|Ohio
Castrating the Blackhawk was the only thing that actually took enjoyment out of the game.

-1 for EA.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6760

Indeed, the blackhawk is only good for suicidal crash attacks.
Gotham
+3|6755
I agree its still toned down but I hopped in one a couple days ago on that stalemate map and raped a flag pretty good. It will take an apc out.
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6652|The Netherlands

Bernadictus wrote:

Many off you remember those good ol'days where the sound of an approaching Blackhawk frightened the MEC/PLA opponents. Unfortunatly 1.2 nerfed the M134 7.62mm MiniGun, and that was practically the end of the Blackhawk as a support/transport vehicle.

Yesterday I decided to give the old bird another go on Gulf Of Oman, to test the changes 1.3 had made.
But I was shocked. I was hovering above an enemy soldier, blasting the shit out of him, even overheating the gun, but no kill.

Why oh why have they even further nerfed that killing machine!

Karma me all you want, but the Blackhawk is only good for getting fast AA kills nowadays.

I say we dump the Blackhawks off the USS Essex into the sea and start a massive demonstration.
100%  agree !
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6693|Everett, WA, US
I'm glad they changed the capping time to only allow one person in the chopper to cap, but I was not a fan of the mini-gun changes.  I even liked going AGAINST a full blackhawk.  Diving from building to building in Mashtuur, taking shots with my buddies with AT rockets  And you knew they saw you when your vision got all blurry for the explosive rounds.  It was fun to fight a blackhawk, but now they fly no more.
l41e
+677|6671

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x51mm_NATO

Please tell me where in there you see "high explosive".
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

Like has been stated, the BH should of stayed the same, and the Z-8 uped to equal it, like an evo 9 vs an impreza
Brasso
+1,549|6653

i love you.  u just read my mind.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6729|Germany
Still all the "OMG They castrated my Blackhawk Gunship, I can't own on Mashtuur anymore" whines? I thought, we were way beyond that. After the "nerf", that Map (Mashtuur) is even playable since no Blackhawk spamming c4, grenades and sniping miniguns is out there anymore.

The Miniguns on a thing like that are actually supression guns.... lover accuraty but insane ROF.... but before the "nerf" the guns had the accuracy of a fucking sniper rifle + splash damage.... the only thing they did was to adjust the miniguns according to the other machineguns....

by the way.... last time I played Wake and was actually a gunner in a Blackhawk, I shot a J-10 down.... and both the Blackhawk AND the J-10 where flying at that time.... I would have given anything for a look at the face of the J-10 Pilot when he read, that he was killed by a Blackhawk....
ComradeWho
+50|6718|Southern California
i really like the person who said that they should have made the other transport choppers more powerful and not nerfed the BH.. I agree with that.

also i just want to restate that the BH is still a great vehicle.  If you're the pilot just land it by enemy infantry, hop into the gun, and mow em down... very fun and very easy.  The BH miniguns may not be as powerful from the air but they make extremely quick work of people when the BH is at groundlevel and the enemies are at close range.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard