Badcomp
+2|6790|U.S.
Lately I feel I have been sucking wind with respects to my BF2 skills. My SPM isn't improving and my accuracy is starting to fall. Last night of a Freddy's House server I couldn't hit the bradside of a barn from the inside. I couldn't hit anything with a 203 (and I'm usually fairly accurate). Couldn't snipe worth a damn and I lost just about every close quarters gun fight.

It's aggravating as hell.

I'm sure everyone has those days, but this week has been horrid. Don't ya hate it!
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6795
I just had one of these last night: every server I joined was crap, no one wanted to squad up, I (twice) spawned into arty, and got owned in a close quarters fight by a sniper with a pistol while I was blasting my DAO12.  Yeah, a bad night.  Perhaps we were on the same team Badcomp
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6773|Mechanicsville, VA
Those are the times that you go to best buy and find the most worthless $15 game you can find... beat it in 3 hours to get your confidence back up and than go start raping in bf2 again. 

Atleast thats what I did.. went to best buy and bought Far Cry for 20 bucks... beat it in 6 hours.. than I went back to playing bf2 and just started raping ass' and taking names.
Badcomp
+2|6790|U.S.
Hahah   Maybe it's time to reinstall Far Cry! 

DA012     bah!! I suck with it. But I swear I was getting sniped with one last night.  I did luck out and find a couple of guys with their back to me and managed to kill both in one shot.
What a pitiful highlight.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6774|London UK

Its all about your mentally.

If you find you start to suck, the best thing to do is take a break for a few days.

If you want to know why in more depth, here goes:

Bassically, when a game is fresh in your mind, you will find it alot more fun. You will concentrate harder, and feel rewarded when you kill/do well whatever.

Now after a while, you will get complacent about doing well, and start to expect yourself to get kills and such without putting the same amount of concenration in. This is partly due due the fact that the game isnt fresh in your mind anymore and you are subconcuisly becoming borred. Now, as you wont be doing aswell, you will also start to get agitated, frustraited, and this leads you to a more direct style of play, you tend to rush things and go for the win the quickest way you can. However this can often lead to mistake further increasing your frustration.

So bassically you wont be enjoying the game as much anymore.

Now this can happen over the space of a day, weeks or even months and years. Just take breaks accordingly to the amount you play.

Im gonna write something in alot more detail about this soon I think.
General_Nuts
+1|6772

shortah wrote:

Those are the times that you go to best buy and find the most worthless $15 game you can find... beat it in 3 hours to get your confidence back up and than go start raping in bf2 again. 

Atleast thats what I did.. went to best buy and bought Far Cry for 20 bucks... beat it in 6 hours.. than I went back to playing bf2 and just started raping ass' and taking names.
Man, I spent 6 hours on that damn boat level where you have to shoot down the chopper... never beat it so i just uninstalled, it was so frustrating, lol.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6783
yup...about a week ago...had a REALLY bad sharqi round...it awarded me a purple heart   it was pretty much exactly what you said, it didn't matter what kit i played or where i went I was just getting torn into...i was getting really pissed off to say the least...
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6773|Mechanicsville, VA

General_Nuts wrote:

shortah wrote:

Man, I spent 6 hours on that damn boat level where you have to shoot down the chopper... never beat it so i just uninstalled, it was so frustrating, lol.
HAHAHAHA, you mean the one where your driving in the HMMV with Val? Were your being chased?  If you are, you have the mini-gun on the back of the hmmv, well if your keys are still in default, hit X, the the mini-gun switches to a mounted mortar gun, you have about 6 rounds... keep trying with that, it takes the cars/heli out with 1 hit. . took me 2 tries to figure it out and about 5 tries to beat it.  my hardest level was the last level. its like Doom's last level on Hard. 7 guys with rocket launchers, and 3 snipers.. took me a couple deaths to figure out that you had to take some guys out in order. But this is a BF2 forum and not a Far Cry forum or I could walk you through it.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

off day? lucky you... i sometimes get off weeks
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6784|The Hague, Holland
what the guy said about "expecting yourself to get a amount of kills without any concetration" is right.
Whenever I see im being teh_suckage I usually take things slow, like snipering or whatever but whatever I do I do NOT rush into battle.
thinner44
+1|6811
Yeah what BUD' said

I started to get pretty crappy at this game about 2 days after buying it . If/when it starts to get me down, I take a break or i'll play the SP version, if I start to get hammered by the 'bots', I think i'll call it a day

Someone said in another thread that 'kiils' have been pretty hard to get since the latest patch, I too get that feeling sometimes, other times I get a bloody good round and think it's all in the head
SokViChet
+1|6790
Gh0st - So, so, sooooo TRUE.  I was sucking on Clean Sweep last night.  I stopped, took a breath, and SLOWED DOWN.  Once I started trying to be careful and sneaky, the kills just flowed.  I manned the second small bridge from the south (MEC side) in a jeep and mowed down an entire squad as they tried to be sneaky and take the southern most base without getting the shit bombed out of them (we had a good pilot bombing the shit out of anything with a heat signature, lol).  They thought they could do it on foot... but I was waiting for them, lol!

Ahh  Im trying to keep the game fun.  I should have gotten my darn ground defense ribbon that round...  but nothing happened.  I spent the requisite time, and killed well over the number required... oh well, I will try it again with little angst because it was fun.

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-11-02 07:30:51)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6784|The Hague, Holland
Good to have you back SokViChet
Windwarrior2005
+0|6784
Sokvichet, how did you get that really nice signature with the changing pics? Really nice screens of BF2 as well.

Last edited by Windwarrior2005 (2005-11-02 09:02:03)

Lawk
+2|6776

SokViChet wrote:

Gh0st - So, so, sooooo TRUE.  I was sucking on Clean Sweep last night.  I stopped, took a breath, and SLOWED DOWN.  Once I started trying to be careful and sneaky, the kills just flowed.  I manned the second small bridge from the south (MEC side) in a jeep and mowed down an entire squad as they tried to be sneaky and take the southern most base without getting the shit bombed out of them (we had a good pilot bombing the shit out of anything with a heat signature, lol).  They thought they could do it on foot... but I was waiting for them, lol!

Ahh  Im trying to keep the game fun.  I should have gotten my darn ground defense ribbon that round...  but nothing happened.  I spent the requisite time, and killed well over the number required... oh well, I will try it again with little angst because it was fun.
You can only get the ribbon from being on mounted MG or TOW.  Jeep mounted guns dont count.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6757

Play the demo! There are so many bad people there, and they complain when you use your unlocks to (a) shoot them out of planes, (b) own them at close range with the MK3A1 or the DAO-12, and (c) when they hear a PKM. On the demo servers, no one can fly at all, so you can go all day in a plane and never die. Best of all, YOU DON'T GET PUNISHED FOR ANYTHING!!!!! You can TK all day, base-rape, camp, cap flags with abandon, and throw C4 on anything and everything! Also, when your friends don't feel like dropping $50 for the game, you can play on the demo with them.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6754
Sometimes its not your bad day. ITS JUST MASSIVE 3/4 OF YOUR TEAM SUCKAGE! in some servers ppl just wont join the squads or waiting for a ride or chopper for a good half of a round. Sure if 3/4 of team is waiting for a ride or messing around the rest 1/4 is becoming a 'dead meat'. Sometimes during the game I'm telling myself: M@N I Suck! Because I'm getting like k/d 1:6. But after you can notice that not all of it is about your gameplay. At this moment you r understanding that BF is a team game. Sure I understand if guy play as a lonewolf and he is a sniper or specops. But whats the point to play suport and be alone? So I usually create a scuad and inviting every1 cuz You just cant handle a fight  against a squad(good squad) alone. If it doesnt help I just change the server and map size like from 50 to 24. So I have more time to do something before I get killed. After you see that you are OK, go BACK to big maps and ........ If it doesnt help too, I'm going to sleep LoL!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

try getting a logitech mx510 mouse...great resolution...my score has gone up nicely since i purchased one a few weeks ago...
Arachkid
+0|6756
I don't usually get "off" days, I just get "unlucky" days.

I throw a grenade at two enemies, they see it and move out of the way, but for some odd reason three allies go zooming after it like it's a doggie bone or something.

Throwing medpacks as a medic, running out of them and instead of defaulting to my gun, which was the last thing I used, it switches to grenades. Here, comrades, share in the explosiveness. Then of course, my teammates respond "you don't need to yell so loud into the mic" before realizing they had a grenade right by them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard