Poll

Stay with BF2? Or will convert to BF2142 or Quake Wars?

Stay with BF260%60% - 123
Quake Wars16%16% - 33
Bf214218%18% - 37
Other Games4%4% - 9
Nothing!0%0% - 0
Total: 202
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6739|Riva, MD
Once BF2142 is out, they'll stop making content for BF2 so it'll pretty much force you to migrate.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6849|Australia
if you look,  it will have the same issues as bf2, after all its the same engine.
Stanners_UK-NI
+1|6690
i hate games with robots and monsters etc.

i like it good and real, i loved the wwII games, and now i love the modern ones, i hate the idea of this game, yes it will be fun, but i like it more real
dubbs
+105|6654|Lexington, KY

Peldri wrote:

Is that BF 2142 going to be a whole new battlefield-game or just some expansion to bf2?
It is going to be a whole new game. 

I am wondering if EA just but out BF2 just to make money.  It takes longer then a year to create a game.  BF 2142 had to be made at the same time as BF2.  Also, there usally has to be a demand for a new game in a series before the company releases a new version.  I do not see this yet in the BF2 community, I only see the demand to fix what is broken.  I do not really see any improvement on graphics or anything, which is another reason to put out a new version.  Overall, I think the is EA's way to get away from BF2 so that they do not have to fix things like the red/blue bug issue.

I guess I will wait until BF2142 has been out for about a year before I even purchuse it.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-03-24 17:37:23)

l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6694|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
all of them
Rakasan
+7|6858|California, USA
I like realism, I will stick w/BF2 or go back to BF1942 w/Desert Combat mod.  EA is not gonna milk me anymore.
khmer
+86|6699|Central California
I'll try out the demos for bf2142 and Quake Wars if good I'll switch and when I get bored of the new games I'll go back to BF2 from time to time. Hopefully by that time Dice fine tunes BF2 into a solid game. If they do that I'll stick with BF2. If not definitely going to switch. I also hope that the new games aren't as buggy.
_nisse91_
+0|6622|Sweden
I will buy it as soon as it gets out, but if i don't like it i will go back to bf2.
Maj.Do
+85|6774|good old CA
hmm so far the screens for 2142 dont impress me, and im a quake fan and ET fan.  Ill stick with bf2 and play quakewars : )
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6710|UK

Silver18 wrote:

i'll stay with bf2. 2142 looks too much like starwars and too futureistic. I like the modern/WWII conbat
Dilbert2468
+6|6762|Australia
have you guys seen the pics of quake wars. man it looks good. this new bf2142. looks shit house. just somthing to try compete with quake wars. not likey. go have a look some some of the screen shots of it.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6687

Chowley wrote:

I'll probably go to Quakewars I have fond memories of ET.
Me to, that's what RTCW 2 is for <3.
PRiMACORD
+190|6647|Home of the Escalade Herds
Depends how good 2142 and Quakewars turn out in terms of gameplay. I know 2142 will be somewhat to my liking considering it will be like BF2 but Quakewars, not too sure.
iamtheoneneo
+16|6691
im sticking to bf2 i like the modern combat action to much all this futur crap can go fuck itself and to be honest i havent got another 100+ hours to rank up again
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6765|Malaga, España
i'll stay with BF2 (the core game) , i didnt buy SF en EF coz i just felt something was fishy about it.
but Quake Wars and 2142 nah....
1) my system cant hande it (i just can manage to play BF2 medium / low.
2) The games doesnt impress me, i,m not a SciFi kinda guy
3) i admit that Quake Wars has some nice graphs but i do not like the style
4) compared 2142 to QW, 2142 looks like a big joke.
Speelbal
+146|6774|Netherlands
Isnt BF2142 cancelled??
1nstruct0r_Pyr0
+0|6650
Gonna stick with BF2 I guess, I dont really get that much time to play these days and the last thing I need to do is learn how to play a whole new game,I suck enough as it is on BF2 That and futuristic combat in 2142 just doesnt appeal to me, I'm actually thinking of loading up some BFNAM been a while since I last played that, do people still play that these days?

Last edited by 1nstruct0r_Pyr0 (2006-04-08 14:59:55)

kingusjordanus
+16|6667|my dads balls
i am already tired of BF2, its the same thing every game, fly planes, get shot down by j-10.  revive as medic, get shot by tank.  drive a car, run over mine laying in grass.  drive tank, get jihhad jeeped.  i think once desert conflict comes out, i will play that.  IMO the ranking system takes away from the fun, i spend the entire round trying to get so much time in a ground defense and i fixate my whole gameplay on badges that i dont do the things that made 1942/DCmod so ultimatley fun.  so i think once Dcon comes out, ill stick to that, and probably pick up a fresh copy of 1942 at walmart for 10$ and load up DCmod again as well.  im sure everyone has sat back in thier chair at one point and realized that they just wasted 2 hours getting a veteran badge instead of pwning some noobs and having tons of fun like we did in 1942.  even i have said to myself, today, im not gonna worry about points, sure i already have expert sniper, but thats what i think is fun so i will just do that.  and an hour later, im on karkand as medic with the G36E racking up points by the dozens just so i can get to that next coveted rank, even though i made sure that didnt happen.  why play as a class that you wont get a badge for, because its fun.  but every time, im back as medic getting loads of points.  in 1942 with desert combat mod there was a server, MoW clan 24/7 DCmod, everyone there was nice, dicks got kicked/banned within minutes beacuse they were just dicks, not because they were 2 points away from an expert anti armor badge and didnt get it because the round ended and that made them mad, then went to a server and was in a bad mood and said things they normally wouldnt, so they were kicked.  EA, take away the ranking system, we, at least i know, the only reason its there, is to keep us playing/buying things that should have come in a patch till your next game comes out at 50$ with a 30$ expansion pack, BF1942 was perfect in every way, flawless, what happened to that, now its patch after patch after patch, and then its still not good, after patch 1.33367799, then you realease 2142?  today i loaded up quake 4 and got pwnd by the experts who use the railgun, i had to respawn every 9 seconds i died so much, but it was fine with me, since i knew that it wasnt going to some public board known as the k/d ratio.  games are about fun, thats why we buy them, not to get that last unlock and prove to some 12 year-old girl that we can click a mouse button faster than them.
CC-Marley
+407|6850
Depends on many varibles.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6712
i think i mighht move on to bf2142
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6563|Winterpeg, Canada
I would say I'd have to agree with CC-Marley that it does depend on many variables. Bf2142 reminds me of Mechassault from the early XBOX days, (there was a game mode where u would be forced to be a little soldier after dying). The trailers and game play vids don't look to spectacular either, and it seems almost like Vietnam with the customization options of the class skins. It'll probably just be what Vietnam was to 1942. And personally, i'm finding that there's been more teamwork and fun had yet in 1942 lately, ever since the squad hopping removal, but that's just my thoughts, and they are partially influenced by a not so great comp, all low settings with my 1.9ghz processor, and my Radeon 9550 256mb, and some cheap ram.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6727|Antarctica
Ill get Quake and possibly 2142.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6811|Singapore

I'll be having more sex too.
eagles1106
+269|6606|Marlton, New Jersey.
Seriously, EA and DICE annoy me in some areas
I would buy 2142 but not only a year and a half after bf2, thats way too early.  I want to play Bf2 more, they give nobody a chance to play it long term.  I hope nobody buys 2142 for at least a year.  Also wanna play bf2 more because im only a Sargeant Major
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6803
i'll stick with bf2 for the time being

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard