MorbidFetus
+76|6521|Ohio

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

OK so you're saying because gun control has been debated before we can't open it up again due to this horrible event?  These killings warrant the reopening of this discussion IMO.  Do you think after 9/11 Bush said, well we taked about terrorism before so let's move on

Besides, if we aren't allowed to debate the same thing twice this board would have been done ages ago.  Every day a new Islam or Muslim related topic goes up and it always turns into the same argument.
Your rationale is why there are so many dumbfucks in this world. Blame the object and not the person.

P.S. Aren't you limey fucks having a problem with school stabbings now? What's next, outlaw wooden spoons?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The answer to the title is: at least 15 more years worth.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

The cities were guns aren't freely available have no such problems.
In the USA you can buy a gun easily so everyones got one.
Well, I don't know what kind of media circulates in the UK, but not everyone in the US has a gun. In fact, some people are so politically opposed to them that they don't want any. Fine with me.

JahManRed wrote:

Its easy to lose your reason, but were as someone might punch someone in the face or hit them with a stick, Usually the sight of the hurt on someones face or the splat of blood when you whack them is enough to make you stop. But say a gun is easily to hand, when you pull the trigger you have unleashed a chain of events that are unstoppable, then the "in for a penny in for a pound" rule takes over. ive killed someone, ill kill the rest and/or myself...........
I've gotten into fist-fights on occasion during my school days. Never have I tempted to go home and grab the 12-guage to splatter any offenders' brains all over the chalkboard. Half of my life was raised under gun culture, so I have a healthy respect for firearms. Besides which, you can kill with a punch.

Especially when properly trained. It doesn't take a kung fu genius with a palm-to-nose strike, either.

JahManRed wrote:

I have 3 guns in the house and we have some serious strict laws about them. In strong box case, bolted to the wall. Spot inspections of your house by the police. A yearly walk with a specially trained police man around all the land you are allowed to shot on to look for back drops and possible bullet leeks, background checks. Guns will be taken off you if you as much as punch a guy who's felt your wife's ass in a bar........ all this serves to make guns a thing of aww and respect. Instead of a must have accessory, toy,status symbol family protector.
I'm not sure what inspection laws exist in the US to regulate firing ranges, as I've never looked into the matter, but I am happy enough without having to tolerate spot police checks. I have nothing to hide, but I'd still view it as an inexcusable invasion of privacy.

The majority of my firearms are kept locked in a huge safe at all times when not in use, and the one kept for self-defense (a 9mm) is either on or near my person at all times. If I ever go anywhere where I can't bring it in (federal facilities or stadiums), I'll lock it up. Weapons in storage are unloaded. A semi-auto weapon on my person is on safety, has a magazine inserted, but no bullet chambered. This state is confirmed before and after I belt it.

I do not view firearms as toys. People who do generally are not raised properly around them.
Do you still carry a gun with you everywhere?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

No. I respect government building rules and various premises carrying laws and rules. When I do carry, it's concealed even if this is an open carry state. Reasons discussed elsewhere. Further, I used to swap between .45 and 9mm before finally downgrading to the small .38 wheelgun if I carried at all. The bulkier firearms are a bit awkward to carry around without counterweights.

Some of that post is a little cringe, as to be expected from 15 year old comments. No shit someone can die from a punch, right? You can die from being pushed onto the ground. What was even my point? Sometimes I'd like to reach through time to flick the back of my own head.

Area had a drive-by shooting somewhat recently, close enough to hear the individual reports as if I were at a gun range. A family was watching TV and had to hit the deck. Apparently, the guy targeted hadn't even been living there for some time. Every few months or so, I play a game where I try and guess if a distant pop was a gun, firecracker, or backfire. Usually the news will tell me in the morning if it's noteworthy enough. Where I live, there's violent crime, although not as bad as in some nearby communities. I've been in situations both on and off the job where I might have been shot at if things went south, or even caught a bullet not intended for me.

15 years ago wrote:

The majority of my firearms are kept locked in a huge safe at all times when not in use, and the one kept for self-defense (a 9mm) is either on or near my person at all times. If I ever go anywhere where I can't bring it in (federal facilities or stadiums), I'll lock it up. Weapons in storage are unloaded. A semi-auto weapon on my person is on safety, has a magazine inserted, but no bullet chambered. This state is confirmed before and after I belt it.
This probably sounds conflicting, but there were times (described) where I didn't have one on me. These days, I credit not having a spooky fucking job more than my liberalization, and for the most part do not carry even though open carry state, and still being licensed CCW. There are a lot of places I go to that disallow firearms, and I don't fancy having one stolen out of my vehicle.

Would like to amend that "raised properly" to "trained properly." Yikes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What kind of job did you do that put you into situations where you could have gotten shot? Repo man?

I haven't been in a situation where I felt I needed a gun for protection. Maybe I might cuck the wrong guy someday and need one.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Working nights, outdoors, in sometimes various unsavory parts of sometimes unsavory towns. I remember getting shadowed for a bit by a carload of dudes I politely declined to buy stolen audio equipment from, with no hint of accusation. Across the street from a large police HQ even.

One of several anecdotes that bother me a bit to recall or relay without adrenaline-fueled bravado.

e: A hobo once manifested out of the shadows like fucking nosferatu wanting to shake my hand because I was doing good work or something. I rattled off some excuse about company policy, and he went on his way. Maybe he was genuine, but I've read the stories about where that plot goes.

Or maybe I lost my chance at eternal, vampiric life.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-10-10 13:33:01)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I should add to the first anecdote that a gun probably would not have saved me there, if they had decided to punch my ticket for whatever reason. Likewise if my life had turned out a bit different and I was sitting at a coffee house table with fellow police and a gunman shot us dead.

Memorial still visible here, although this is no longer a Forza. "Blue Steele," the location is called now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

One thing that comes to mind is the kid shipping back and forth on a pandemic ferry to corona central and then back home where his immunocompromised mother awaits.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Well the pandemic is over anyway. That is why the governor repealed the mask mandates. The truckers saved us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The anti-masker response to a comment like mine would sometimes be "good I hope they die."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
That's your fault for trying to reason with farm animals. You need to get off the farm.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Actually it's a response I've seen on the internet and in some of the crazy anti-mask demonstrations.

One guy though was all like "I thought we should have worn masks masks but the CDC told us not to and now that they told us to do it I don't want to!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
If Newbie works on a farm...what euphuism can I use for my job?

Anyhow two stories. First...the girl who slapped the boy didn't get in trouble. The discipline report went into the abyss. The boy "wanted to move on from the situation". So much for zero tolerance. In other news, the one literally singular kid I really don't like this year is in quarantine. Same kid told me he wasn't vaccinated because his mother didn't believe in it. Oops!

That reminds me...I watched this show a while back.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Just the TV series we need to watch right now. /s

Uncharacteristically responsive, too. I don't think it holds up.

re: zero tolerance, do you suppose it's because we're in the middle of in-and-out-of-school pandemic right now and there's more things on people's minds than being the inflexible disciplinarian?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Just the TV series we need to watch right now. /s

Uncharacteristically responsive, too. I don't think it holds up.

re: zero tolerance, do you suppose it's because we're in the middle of in-and-out-of-school pandemic right now and there's more things on people's minds than being the inflexible disciplinarian?
Oh you wouldn't know this. I actually had to explain it to an older lady teacher today.

You cannot punish kids with IEPs if whatever they did is a "manifestation" of their disability. Literally illegal by federal law.
At specific times, and for certain violations of the student code of conduct, IDEA’s discipline procedures require school systems to conduct what is known as a “manifestation determination review.” The purpose of this review is to determine whether or not the child’s behavior that led to the disciplinary infraction is linked to his or her disability.
https://www.parentcenterhub.org/manifestation/

IDEA is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individua … cation_Act

Interesting read: Violent kids take over Florida’s classrooms, and they have the law on their side
https://projects.sun-sentinel.com/teena … lent-kids/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If we're not suspending kids for getting knocked out in the hallway that's a step in the right direction.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Houston Police officials said Arlene was shot Monday by a man who opened fire after he was robbed at gunpoint at a drive-through ATM.

The suspect first shot at the robber, who fled the scene, police say. The suspect then fired at a vehicle that "he thought" belonged to the person who had robbed him, according to a Houston Police Department statement. The vehicle he fired upon was occupied by a family of five who had nothing to do with the robbery, police said.
Guy killed a 9 year old. If only there was a good guy with a gun.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Olathe school shooting on Friday, back to school on Monday. Ho-hum.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
But were they wearing masks? That's all that matters now
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Schools could lose the pandemic waivers that provide them with extra federal funds and flexibilities to cope with supply chain and labor issues if Congress doesn’t agree to extend them in the spending bill being hashed out this week.

Federal government funding expires on Friday. The full-year spending package, which House Democrats plan to unveil as soon as Tuesday, could allow the waivers to continue for the 2022-23 school year.

But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is blocking the extension of the waivers, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. So the provision is not in the spending package, as of now.

Asked about the extension, a GOP leadership aide said that the waivers initially were designated as “temporary” Covid-19 measures and that the Biden administration did not include the extension in its most recent $22.5 billion request for coronavirus-related assistance. Also, many of the waivers are designed to assist when schools are forced to close, which is no longer a focus.

Also, the aide said, the estimated $11 billion cost of extending the waivers for another school year could be covered using unspent funds in the Covid-19 relief package the Democrats passed last March.
Didn't we just give that much money to Ukraine?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It's one thing to whine about the uneducated and unexpert population of America. Quite another to actually invest in doing something about it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Its their choice, all they have to do is pick up a book.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

There's discrepancy between school libraries, between rich schools in rich areas and poor schools in poor areas, and sometimes poor schools in rich areas.

Yeah just pick up a book, never mind your second evening shift to earn money to take care of your siblings. Never mind the overwhelming, lifetime sense that nothing much is expected of you. Never mind disorders, deeply embedded poor habits brought on by poor diet, poor living conditions, and being surrounded by pollution. An uphill battle against your own problematic childhood development. Never mind literally never being told how to study, just dismissively to study on the infrequent occasions people bother mentioning it.

"Pick up a book," says the longtime, financially secure adult who's read a minimal amount of books himself. With a strong aversion to history, frequently spouting ahistorical takes. Claiming to be a scientist, frequently repeating racial bunk.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
"The ‘Diversity’ Stranglehold on Higher Education Grows Tighter"
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t … s-tighter/
For over a century, the Left has sought to control education so as to stamp out the traditional American beliefs in liberty and individualism in favor of a collectivist mindset in which people look to government to give them what they want and solve their problems. That crusade has intensified in recent years with the mania over “diversity.”

In today’s Martin Center article, David Richardson and Ray Sanchez discuss how far along the “diversity” project is, and the answer is troubling. They write, “The educational bureaucracies from the state level down to local school boards, including community college boards of trustees, are rushing to implement administrative regulations and board policies, as well as approve curricular changes, that will normalize antiracist and gender identity politics in our education systems for years and perhaps generations to come.”
I know in education the ultimate goal is to create a parallel Christian/Private school system where ethnic minorities, and gay people are not allowed. I don't think it will happen. Or at least happen like conservatives want. I don't know how conservatives upset about diversity plan to reverse this trend either.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Ethnic_Composition_of_Americans_Under_15.png
When Roe v. Wade is mostly gutted, and red states pass strong abortion laws the above trend will get worse. For what it is worth, I don't think the SCOTUS judge who replaced RBG ,Amy Coney Barrett, will have a problem with that.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09/29/13/33702726-8779469-Barrett_a_devout_Catholic_has_seven_children_five_biological_and-a-1_1601382878994.jpg
People putting together diverse curriculum are ahead of the curve.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Interesting that they go full mask off in arguing against implementation of anti racist policies.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

This is a good test of how much people genuinely believe in freedom of blah blah blah. Even if the Satanist were genuine Satanist, they would still have a right to be there as much as any Christian club.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard