Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
MorbidFetus
+76|5679|Ohio

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

OK so you're saying because gun control has been debated before we can't open it up again due to this horrible event?  These killings warrant the reopening of this discussion IMO.  Do you think after 9/11 Bush said, well we taked about terrorism before so let's move on

Besides, if we aren't allowed to debate the same thing twice this board would have been done ages ago.  Every day a new Islam or Muslim related topic goes up and it always turns into the same argument.
Your rationale is why there are so many dumbfucks in this world. Blame the object and not the person.

P.S. Aren't you limey fucks having a problem with school stabbings now? What's next, outlaw wooden spoons?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+511|2848
The answer to the title is: at least 15 more years worth.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

The cities were guns aren't freely available have no such problems.
In the USA you can buy a gun easily so everyones got one.
Well, I don't know what kind of media circulates in the UK, but not everyone in the US has a gun. In fact, some people are so politically opposed to them that they don't want any. Fine with me.

JahManRed wrote:

Its easy to lose your reason, but were as someone might punch someone in the face or hit them with a stick, Usually the sight of the hurt on someones face or the splat of blood when you whack them is enough to make you stop. But say a gun is easily to hand, when you pull the trigger you have unleashed a chain of events that are unstoppable, then the "in for a penny in for a pound" rule takes over. ive killed someone, ill kill the rest and/or myself...........
I've gotten into fist-fights on occasion during my school days. Never have I tempted to go home and grab the 12-guage to splatter any offenders' brains all over the chalkboard. Half of my life was raised under gun culture, so I have a healthy respect for firearms. Besides which, you can kill with a punch.

Especially when properly trained. It doesn't take a kung fu genius with a palm-to-nose strike, either.

JahManRed wrote:

I have 3 guns in the house and we have some serious strict laws about them. In strong box case, bolted to the wall. Spot inspections of your house by the police. A yearly walk with a specially trained police man around all the land you are allowed to shot on to look for back drops and possible bullet leeks, background checks. Guns will be taken off you if you as much as punch a guy who's felt your wife's ass in a bar........ all this serves to make guns a thing of aww and respect. Instead of a must have accessory, toy,status symbol family protector.
I'm not sure what inspection laws exist in the US to regulate firing ranges, as I've never looked into the matter, but I am happy enough without having to tolerate spot police checks. I have nothing to hide, but I'd still view it as an inexcusable invasion of privacy.

The majority of my firearms are kept locked in a huge safe at all times when not in use, and the one kept for self-defense (a 9mm) is either on or near my person at all times. If I ever go anywhere where I can't bring it in (federal facilities or stadiums), I'll lock it up. Weapons in storage are unloaded. A semi-auto weapon on my person is on safety, has a magazine inserted, but no bullet chambered. This state is confirmed before and after I belt it.

I do not view firearms as toys. People who do generally are not raised properly around them.
Do you still carry a gun with you everywhere?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+1,939|5900|USA

No. I respect government building rules and various premises carrying laws and rules. When I do carry, it's concealed even if this is an open carry state. Reasons discussed elsewhere. Further, I used to swap between .45 and 9mm before finally downgrading to the small .38 wheelgun if I carried at all. The bulkier firearms are a bit awkward to carry around without counterweights.

Some of that post is a little cringe, as to be expected from 15 year old comments. No shit someone can die from a punch, right? You can die from being pushed onto the ground. What was even my point? Sometimes I'd like to reach through time to flick the back of my own head.

Area had a drive-by shooting somewhat recently, close enough to hear the individual reports as if I were at a gun range. A family was watching TV and had to hit the deck. Apparently, the guy targeted hadn't even been living there for some time. Every few months or so, I play a game where I try and guess if a distant pop was a gun, firecracker, or backfire. Usually the news will tell me in the morning if it's noteworthy enough. Where I live, there's violent crime, although not as bad as in some nearby communities. I've been in situations both on and off the job where I might have been shot at if things went south, or even caught a bullet not intended for me.

15 years ago wrote:

The majority of my firearms are kept locked in a huge safe at all times when not in use, and the one kept for self-defense (a 9mm) is either on or near my person at all times. If I ever go anywhere where I can't bring it in (federal facilities or stadiums), I'll lock it up. Weapons in storage are unloaded. A semi-auto weapon on my person is on safety, has a magazine inserted, but no bullet chambered. This state is confirmed before and after I belt it.
This probably sounds conflicting, but there were times (described) where I didn't have one on me. These days, I credit not having a spooky fucking job more than my liberalization, and for the most part do not carry even though open carry state, and still being licensed CCW. There are a lot of places I go to that disallow firearms, and I don't fancy having one stolen out of my vehicle.

Would like to amend that "raised properly" to "trained properly." Yikes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+511|2848
What kind of job did you do that put you into situations where you could have gotten shot? Repo man?

I haven't been in a situation where I felt I needed a gun for protection. Maybe I might cuck the wrong guy someday and need one.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+1,939|5900|USA

Working nights, outdoors, in sometimes various unsavory parts of sometimes unsavory towns. I remember getting shadowed for a bit by a carload of dudes I politely declined to buy stolen audio equipment from, with no hint of accusation. Across the street from a large police HQ even.

One of several anecdotes that bother me a bit to recall or relay without adrenaline-fueled bravado.

e: A hobo once manifested out of the shadows like fucking nosferatu wanting to shake my hand because I was doing good work or something. I rattled off some excuse about company policy, and he went on his way. Maybe he was genuine, but I've read the stories about where that plot goes.

Or maybe I lost my chance at eternal, vampiric life.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-10-10 13:33:01)

unnamednewbie13
+1,939|5900|USA

I should add to the first anecdote that a gun probably would not have saved me there, if they had decided to punch my ticket for whatever reason. Likewise if my life had turned out a bit different and I was sitting at a coffee house table with fellow police and a gunman shot us dead.

Memorial still visible here, although this is no longer a Forza. "Blue Steele," the location is called now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard