nzjafa
+2|6758
congratulations to him.... but, in reality, who cares? he'd have to spend most of his waking life playing the game, and doing the same point gathering routine over and over...
i'm a corporal. i'm a terrible shot, and i have a crap score. its taken me about 2 and a half months to get my 15 engineer hours and i'm gona get that silver thing next weekend if it kills me.
but thats what the game is for me. playing it because you get shiny things if you do well. i like because the graphics are cool, and its fun to play with your mate, and theres a good community.
good for him, he can say he's number 1 in the world. but in real life, where does that get you?
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6838
Guys i never said my stats were the best'...LOL.. but why in the hell did EA make all this stat programing and awards' and how come to get a higher rand  on the first sarget' you have to have some badges and stufff'
and you you dont  on the 2nd luitenent' or the sargent major of the corps ?

my point is'  EA is basicly ass backwards.. its true ' he plays quite abit' a day
and look at his over 38,000 revives  dare  i say padder ?.. or maybe im just seeing it wrong'...
and i dont wish to take it from him....
but he gets it based on global score only'.........which is kinda  lame considering there are a hell of alot of better players out there,,, and those stats should be considered especialy' if their gonna track them !..

godd greif...lol

basicly'..EA evidently has more money than they have sence...?
GTKtino
+0|6762
all i gotta say is HATERS, lol, i put up a good post about this and someone erased it , i wonder who, can people erase ur posts? i wrote a lot on the last post so i wont waste my time, since they erased the other one.
HotButter
+0|6840|Arizona

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ubar isn't "wrong" so much as "superceeded". This rank is awarded 'by hand' on the backend by EA/IGN. It can be given and taken at will, so "requirements" aren't really 'required'.
Then that begs the question what the hell is the point?  If they can apparently give this stuff out with out it actually being earned then whats the point?  Its disgusting enough that the leaderboards are based on time played and not skill now they are apparently giving away top honors because they "felt" like it.

[/rant]
ToiletTrooper
+25|6768|WC
his badges suck and is ribbons..!

https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/sig.png
https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/sig5.png
https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/sig3.png
https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/awards.jpg
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6779|Bulgaria
If I had 18925278 hours on BF2 I would be in the Top 20 as well!! haha
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

I don't get why this is so hard to comprehend. The whole of BF series is based around Militaries. Generally speaking "time in service" quite often equates to "rank in service", Some times it is because you're good, but often it is simply due to seniority.

As for you, Mr. Hotbutter, chill it down a bit. They only give this rank out to ONE player. It is superceeded because it is something that MUST be done server side because it can't be done client side -- clients have no idea who the highest ranked player is.
HotButter
+0|6840|Arizona

chuyskywalker wrote:

I don't get why this is so hard to comprehend. The whole of BF series is based around Militaries. Generally speaking "time in service" quite often equates to "rank in service", Some times it is because you're good, but often it is simply due to seniority.

As for you, Mr. Hotbutter, chill it down a bit. They only give this rank out to ONE player. It is superceeded because it is something that MUST be done server side because it can't be done client side -- clients have no idea who the highest ranked player is.
I'm sorry,  I suppose after a few conversations with some people today I have begun to miss bftracks.  I have always thought the devs really could have learned something from some of the formulas and methods they used to come up with their leaderboards.  I think we all can agree that as it is now the leaderboards  are somewhat of a joke.  I mean when you remove the skill factor from your equation to calculate leaderboard positions then really they become a joke.

This is the reason why alot of people don't take the leaderboards seriously (slowly I am becoming one of those people).  I understand that these ranks are based on seniority and I suppose I don't have a problem with that come to think of it, but I do have a problem with the way leaderboards are calculated as of now.  I suppose that is a bit off topic, but as I mentioned earlier some of the conversations I had today really got me thinking...and I have become somewhat disenchanted with the system.

So what would I have done if they would have let me play God with the stat system when the game was being made?  I would have based Sgt Major of the corps on overall monthly play of all ranks, leaving in the possibility that if a Sgt. played well enough on that given month he or she could earn that top spot.  I would have based the leaderboards on  an equation that takes into account KDR, SPM, Team Winning Percentage  with a bonus given for smalls arms KDR and a smaller bonus for time played. Also I would have made the leaderboards based on a monthly basis, meaning that every month you started from scratch thus making it possible for someone new to the game to have just as much of a chance for a spot in the top 20 as someone who has played since the game came out.  That in itself would keep the game fresh. forgive me for standing on my soap box but really it all just got me thinking and I feel irked.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6822|Grapevine, TX

rEdTe@M wrote:

GTKtino wrote:

VIKING-LOVER1 wrote:

no' guys hes not a stat padder... "hes single with no job" apparently..LOL... i figured it out, he's averaging over 11 hours per day of play.. lmao...

now' ( in my opinion )  EA is saying to all of us'..
1, player with highest global score takes highest rank

2, guy with negative k/d ratio takes high rank

3, guy who dont bother to get his ribbons/medals/ ( any thing for that matter ) takes high rank ?

4, guy with no  vision or decent accuracy takes high rank ?

so this guy is gonna take high rank because he sucks at pretty much every thing in the game ?
except for staying online 24/7 ?

EA basically dont give a crap..about any thing they put into the game ( my opinion )
i mean look ...LOL.. the guy just plays more the we do.. nothing more
so EA gives rank for time in service only'.. you  dont get shit for your devoted time to making sure your k/d ratio is in check' or your  hard play efforts to get the awards.
I'm serious ?.. why in the hell did EA even bother putting  all that money invested into the awards/all the other the stat counting program'..

basically'  EA a "MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY" and all those hundreds of thousands invested into a game
WILL BE RENDERED USELESS IN JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS, BY A  "TWIT" THAT DOESNT HAVE A JOB ..LOL
AND BY THE LOOKS OF HIS STATS  HE'S BLIND AS WELL
i would have to disagree with u on the "hard earned" "keep ur k/d in check" thingies. just because;

1.he might not leave a server were the other team is owning, making his k/d go down but making u not hate him for leaving when ur killing him all the time.
2.u put the time into the game; u must get recognition
3.u never know if he doesn't have a girlfriend.
4.ur assuming

and the last reason:

5. MR.BUSH IS THE CHIEF IN COMMAND, YET HE NEVER GOT ANY RIBBONS OR MEDALS. AND I BELIEVE THE CHIEF IN COMMAND 'IS' THE HIGHEST RANK.
with that said he got that rank with high numbers(votes) just as that guy got high numbers(gs)
LOL what rank are U in life
And BUSH doesn't deserve to be COMMANDER AND CHIEF
OK, I'm going to be nice since your only 14, kid.

Weather your 14 or 80, It's not a matter what your believe politically, the Honorable and President of the United States, Mr. Bush was elected (TWICE) to the office. And being correct the POTUS is the Commander in Chief, of the Armed Forces of the United States;that  isn't a rank in the Military.

Sergeant Major of the Corps is also a selected position, by the Commandant of the US Marine Corps, and other Marine top brass, out of all the other (E-9) SGTMAJ's in the Corps.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6822|Grapevine, TX

HotButter wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

I'm sorry,  I suppose after a few conversations with some people today I have begun to miss bftracks.  I have always thought the devs really could have learned something from some of the formulas and methods they used to come up with their leaderboards.  I think we all can agree that as it is now the leaderboards  are somewhat of a joke.  I mean when you remove the skill factor from your equation to calculate leaderboard positions then really they become a joke.

This is the reason why alot of people don't take the leaderboards seriously (slowly I am becoming one of those people).  I understand that these ranks are based on seniority and I suppose I don't have a problem with that come to think of it, but I do have a problem with the way leaderboards are calculated as of now.  I suppose that is a bit off topic, but as I mentioned earlier some of the conversations I had today really got me thinking...and I have become somewhat disenchanted with the system.

So what would I have done if they would have let me play God with the stat system when the game was being made?  I would have based Sgt Major of the corps on overall monthly play of all ranks, leaving in the possibility that if a Sgt. played well enough on that given month he or she could earn that top spot.  I would have based the leaderboards on  an equation that takes into account KDR, SPM, Team Winning Percentage  with a bonus given for smalls arms KDR and a smaller bonus for time played. Also I would have made the leaderboards based on a monthly basis, meaning that every month you started from scratch thus making it possible for someone new to the game to have just as much of a chance for a spot in the top 20 as someone who has played since the game came out.  That in itself would keep the game fresh. forgive me for standing on my soap box but really it all just got me thinking and I feel irked.
OK, I see that you feel "Irked", but having a Corporal , Sergent , or one Bad Ass Lance Corporal being equated by your ridiculous equation makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm not trying to bash you but SGTMAJ of the Corps can only be held by the highest qualified SGTMAJ at one time. That is just simple common sense.  So seeing how Chuy made the simplest explanation at the begening of this post, go back to page one.

(But common sense isn't really common--> uncommon sense would be more accurate, but that is a differant topic!)
HotButter
+0|6840|Arizona
I'm really not one to complain  but I dont think its such a bad idea if the top player was based on skill and the calculation of who the top player was refreshed on a time table.  I mean as it is now what hope is there for someone who goes out and buys the game tomorrow to be even calculated into the leaderboards at a reasonable position?  None.

I can see people already saying, well you shouldnt play for stats blah blah blah but if its a part of the game (and it is) why shouldnt it be a part of the game that made sense?  In retrospect I just really think they dropped the ball when they were thinking up this portion of bf2. And by no means am I saying that the idea for calculating leaderboard position based on the previous mentioned formula is the right one, I merely borrowed it from bftracks.  A site that was a huge success in terms of giving the community a stat system that made sense long before bf2.
Skratchy
+0|6772
ffs bring on  the Lt.Gen. and Gen and General of the Army FFS!

kekeke !!!
HG_TheTank
+2|6758

VIKING-LOVER1 wrote:

no' guys hes not a stat padder... "hes single with no job" apparently..LOL... i figured it out, he's avrageing over 11 hours per day of play.. lmao...

now' ( in my opinion )  EA is saying to all of us'..
1, player with highest global score takes highest rank

2, guy with negitive k/d ratio takes high rank

3, guy who dont bother to get his ribbons/medals/ ( any thing for that matter ) takes high rank ?

4, guy with no  vision or decent accuracy takes high rank ?

so this guy is gonna take high rank because he sucks at pretty much every thing in the game ?
except for staying online 24/7 ?

EA basicly dont give a crap..about any thing they put into the game ( my opinion )
i mean look ...LOL.. the guy just plays more the we do.. nothing more
so EA gives rank for time in service only'.. you  dont get shit for your devoted time to making sure your k/d ratio is in check' or your  hard play efforts to get the award's.
im serious ?.. why in the hell did EA even bother putting  all that money invested into the awards/all the other the stat counting program'..

basicly'  EA a "MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY" and all those hundreds of thousands invested into a game
WILL BE RENDERED USELESS IN JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS, BY A  "TWIT" THAT DOSINT HAVE A JOB ..LOL
AND BY THE LOOKS OF HIS STATS  HE'S BLIND AS WELL
Agree 100%
They totally ignored what people had been bitching about in BF42 and BFV.
Added feature after feature just to claim they added many features.
Then they let us test it for them and patch after patch they fix it.
Dice reminds me of ID-Software. ID makes the engine and an acceptable game, someone else makes the really good games.
Unfortunetly Dice makes poor games.

Guess we will have to wait for FH2 or other mods to make BF2 as it should have been done in the first place.

As for the topic, I could care less.
The system is made for the masses and this guy fits it just right!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826

sewermasta324 wrote:

magzy wrote:

erm, so how exactly will the S.M.O.T.C be given out? just to one player every month, then does the player who had it previously lose it, or what? and how is it decided who gets it? just the player with the next highest score? ie it gets moved down the scores?

sorry if this has already been asked
the one player at a time means that whoever has the best score at Sgt. Major or maybe 2nd LT. will be given this special rank that only one person can have at one time.  the rank is given out once a month to one player, and one player only.  in other words, Blazin. Uk got the rank this month, but  say Broggi played his ass off and replaced blazin as number 1 on the leader boards, and he managed to hold that position until the month ended, the rank would be taken away from Blazin and given to Broggi. make sense?
Actualy, I'm pretty sure it is given out by who performed the best that month. meaning, whoever earned the most points. It has nothing to do with the leaderboard or who is 1st place overall.
as long as you have Master Sergeant, you are eligable for SMOTC.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6822|Grapevine, TX

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sewermasta324 wrote:

magzy wrote:

erm, so how exactly will the S.M.O.T.C be given out? just to one player every month, then does the player who had it previously lose it, or what? and how is it decided who gets it? just the player with the next highest score? ie it gets moved down the scores?

the one player at a time means that whoever has the best score at Sgt. Major or maybe 2nd LT. will be given this special rank that only one person can have at one time.  the rank is given out once a month to one player, and one player only.  in other words, Blazin. Uk got the rank this month, but  say Broggi played his ass off and replaced blazin as number 1 on the leader boards, and he managed to hold that position until the month ended, the rank would be taken away from Blazin and given to Broggi. make sense?
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is given out by who performed the best that month. meaning, whoever earned the most points. It has nothing to do with the leaderboard or who is 1st place overall.
Slay them very well said, however only E-9's would be selected which would be Master Gunnery Sergeants and Sergent Majors.
http://www.armorpiercing.net/marine_corps_rank.html

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2005-11-02 02:18:07)

WhyteDem0n
+0|6771

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sewermasta324 wrote:

magzy wrote:

Actualy, I'm pretty sure it is given out by who performed the best that month. meaning, whoever earned the most points. It has nothing to do with the leaderboard or who is 1st place overall.
That is what I thought too...What is the point of that 2nd Lieutenant anyway? Did EA feel like throwing in another rank randomly or something? Also - SlayThem, why are you not a First Sergeant? You meet all the criteria and more...

Last edited by WhyteDem0n (2005-11-02 02:24:02)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6756

nzjafa wrote:

congratulations to him.... but, in reality, who cares? he'd have to spend most of his waking life playing the game, and doing the same point gathering routine over and over...
i'm a corporal. i'm a terrible shot, and i have a crap score. its taken me about 2 and a half months to get my 15 engineer hours and i'm gona get that silver thing next weekend if it kills me.
but thats what the game is for me. playing it because you get shiny things if you do well. i like because the graphics are cool, and its fun to play with your mate, and theres a good community.
good for him, he can say he's number 1 in the world. but in real life, where does that get you?
well, here's the reality.

People. Are. Selfish.

If selfishness didn't exist, neither would BF2 stats, and this site.

Bragging rights wouldn't be a term.

Everyone wants to be a cocky little asshole and show off their stats, but they all don't like other cocky little assholes. That's the way the world goes round.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria
Also - SlayThem, why are you not a First Sergeant? You meet all the criteria and more...
Because you don't get promoted from Master Sergeant to First Seargent, cause it's the same level...not really same, but here... this should make it a bit clearer, although the SergeantMajor of the Corps is another deal...

http://www2.powercom.net/~rokats/armedforces.html
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6838
Thank you TANKER

my 2 cents aint worth crap as far as EA/dice is concerned , but when ya gotta have certain qualafications to acheave a 1st SGT and apparently ' you dont have to have "JACK SHIT" to have a thee highest rank globaly is beyond me'
you guys realy gotta look at the big picture and think ?..hmmmmm

1, there was alot of time and moneys and DELAYS spent to get this game out to the masses

2, all that "eye candy" evidently dont mean a  thing , if you look at the top global rankings .

3, if you look at the top 100 players i'd almost bet that 85 to 90% of them play medic
( which would lead you to beleave that they are up to no good ie,padders ? )

i'm just saying i dont mind seeing a guy that holds thee HIGHEST RANK IN BF2  even if its not me'
but when i see a person thats given this rank for "time in service only" .
IT TOTALY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE FOR HALF THE GAME/STAT ENGINE.
KillerAFET
+3|6773|Abilene, Texas

GTKtino wrote:

5. MR.BUSH IS THE CHIEF IN COMMAND, YET HE NEVER GOT ANY RIBBONS OR MEDALS. AND I BELIEVE THE CHIEF IN COMMAND 'IS' THE HIGHEST RANK.
with that said he got that rank with high numbers(votes) just as that guy got high numbers(gs)
Actually, George Bush is COMMANDER IN CHIEF as President of the United States.  This is a civilian position as set out in the Constitution, not a military rank.  He also earned the National Defense Service Medal, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award and the Small Arms Expert Ribbon while a pilot in the Air Force and Texas Air National Guard.

By law, George Washington holds the highest military rank in the armed forces of the United States.

Last edited by KillerAFET (2005-11-02 06:39:06)

LuGia
+0|6744
I have also seen BlaZin play before. And YES, he is not as good like many says.
He just play a whole lot ! And he is ALWAYS A medic, fine.. But just throwing Health packs and revives.
Not the great figther. I have seen many that better than him.
I will bet on, that there is many in here that could take him down.
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6838

KillerAFET wrote:

GTKtino wrote:

Actually, George Bush is COMMANDER IN CHIEF as President of the United States.  This is a civilian position as set out in the Constitution, not a military rank.  He also earned the National Defense Service Medal, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award and the Small Arms Expert Ribbon while a pilot in the Air Force and Texas Air National Guard.

By law, George Washington holds the highest military rank in the armed forces of the United States.
LOL.   NOW THATS A  FRICKIN HISTORY LESSON THERE GUYS !....

but seriouly ' guys i just felt like alot of good players have been cheated by EA/whom ever
and sold a crapy bill of goods , if "total global score/time" only counts basicly' in this rank system.

Last edited by VIKING-LOVER1 (2005-11-02 07:11:08)

flamingturd28
+0|6761
How can someone play as ONE FREAKIN CLASS for so many hours?  GOD.  All he does is freakin heal and revive other ppl.  Anyways, this dude sux so bad he's had the opportunity of getting expert medic badges for HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF HOURS and STILL doesn't have them.  I get that kinda stuff by accident and on purpose at times.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812
Can't you people just shut the fuck up and play? For those of you complaining, he doesn't stat pad by the looks of it and at least unlike the rest of the top players, he didn't tank whore his way to the top.

There's nothing wrong with playing one class the whole game. It's not your decision whether or not he gets bored, it's his. What do you care anyway? He's not doing anything to hurt his team or himself. You can't even stat pad anymore after the patch without the help of a lot of people.

Maybe he doesn't play the game to show off how big his cock is by his stats or ribbons or medals like the rest of you whining little babies.

Get over it and have fun playing.
CBRacky
+0|6749
Blazin Uk Ain't Got Nothing On =tfs=!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard