So you want to eat horses and dogs too?
People, he wants to eat people.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So you want to eat horses and dogs too?
I wouldn't be opposed to it. Why do we only decide like a handful of animals are "for eating" barring ones that cause actual immediate health issues?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Gimme the insects
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

i used to roast a chicken once a week. it's called 'not living with your parents'.
No its called being faux middle-class.

Its the 21st century - who the  fuck roasts chicken?
roasting a chicken is affectedly middle-class now? are you fucking that bored and high, or what?

a chicken in the UK costs less than a fiver. marginally more if you want a nice one or use your local butcher/independent.

roasting a chicken on a sunday is called 'roast dinner' in the UK. it's not the preserve of the middle-class, or any class, really.

i used to roast chicken a lot so that i had lunch-time leftovers for the next few days of the week. goes nice in a cold salad with a quick-n-crunchy vegetable selection. it's called eating a fresh and nutritious diet, dilbert. i imagine anyone who works out at home or wants a decent protein-rich diet will be very familiar with roasting chickens, or butterflying chicken breasts, too.

come to think of it, do your parents still cook the dinner in your household or something? why are all these completely bog-standard, average, affordable meals affectations of class to you?

'faux-middle-class' to consume poultry. you are seriously a fucking drip. i suppose eating duck or game once a month is terribly haute bourgeois too. sad cunt.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Fridge-hunting for dinner. Macaroni & cheese with a side of kimchi.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Had Avocado toast from Dunkin Donuts for the first time.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cms.ipressroom.com/285/files/20211/Dunkin%27+Avocado+Toast.jpg
I already get a large iced latte every day from D&D. Now toast...I'll never own a home now.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

You know if you saved $10,000 a year on coffee and toast extravagances, that amount alone probably wouldn't go far into paying off an $800,000 house that should be barely worth $150,000. I don't know what people sneering at avocado toast think house prices are these days. A bag of avocados here is like $5. 0.00001 of a $500k home. Yeah, bank that $5 for whatever measly interest you earn off it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Duplexes in town that were recently shot up in a drive by are now being sold for $400,000+.
Larssen
+99|1857
I made bouef bourguignon friday and I'm bored so here's the recipe thank me later it'll be 100x better than your usual stew. I'm not specifying amounts, depends how much u wanna make.

2 days beforehand you cube some sirloin and put it in a marinade. Marinade = wine, black pepper, roughly chopped garlic & bay leaves. Note, wine is a côtes du rhône. It has more tannins which gives the best result. It's also from the bourgogne area which makes it a beef bourguignon. Leave marinated beef in a closed container in the fridge.

2 days pass. Take out the beef pieces and pat them dry with clean (paper) towels. Save the marinade.

Heat up big pan. I prefer a large well seasoned cast iron for best browning result. Throw in bacon. Render fat. Turn up heat, remove bacon, throw meat in the bacon fat & get a nice brown crust on all the beef. Maybe a minute or two per side. Use tongs to flip them over.

Take out beef, set aside.

Chop up big girthy carrot, very roughly. Peel whole small onions. Do not dice. Throw onions and carrots in the same cast iron, get a little colour on them. Throw in the meat juices from the beef u set aside. Then add some good beef broth. Best if homemade. Don't drown the veggies, just fill the pan halfway, set aside on very low heat and let the broth reduce for about 1-1,5 hour. Occasionally stir.

Meanwhile, put a smallish cooking pot on the fire. Add oil, 2 medium sized diced onions. Add some cubed tomatoes/preferably some mild passata. Cook on medium/low for 10. Add thyme. Add the bacon u had left over. Cook for another 10. Add the wine-garlic-pepper-bayleaf beef marinade u saved. Let it sit on low. Stir occasionally.

Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 200c. Put a cast iron pot / dutch oven in there w some olive oil. coat all the beef pieces in a generous amount of flour and add to the heated pan. You will fry them in the oil for another 5-10 min. This second browning is important.

After 5-10 min, scoop out excess oil. Turn down heat to 160c. Add the contents of the cooking pot (the marinade). Let the meat braise for about 1,5 hrs.

Meanwhile take out another pan. Here you will fry whole champignons in butter or oil until nicely browned. When browned, add a quarter glass of cognac and flambé the champignons.

After 1,5 hrs the beef has been braising for a while in the marinade. Take it out. Remove thyme. If you really wanna do it right, remove all the beef pieces & push sauce through a sieve to make it nice n smooth.

Ok now u add in everything. The carrots & onions and reduced broth, the flambéd champignons, the beef, the sauce, braise for another 1-1,5 hour at 160.

Voilá now you are done. The best beef stew.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

You forgot about ten paragraphs of light anecdote leading up to how you got the recipe.
Larssen
+99|1857
I fucking hate cooking blogs
uziq
+492|3422
remember when i wrote up my weekly ‘healthy’ diet and larssen ripped me mercilessly for writing so much about food. yeah … remember that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

lol, got a link to the post?
uziq
+492|3422
it was during the peak of the first lockdown season when we were all posting here full time. hence oversharing the minutiae of our humdrum locked-down existences.
Larssen
+99|1857
Hahaha you were writing an actual food blog. 3000 word essay on your dietary preferences
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Guy's, Larssen's beef stew procedure was clearly a troll post.
Larssen
+99|1857
Your existence is trollish. I literally imagine shrek whenever I read your gibberish
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Shrek is a popular fellow with a lot of friends though.
Larssen
+99|1857
You're the shrek version who never left the swamp
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thank you, that is the Shrek version I would choose for myself.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Sometimes cooking blog anecdotes can be decently written and entertaining enough, especially as a part of a travelogue or part of some other cohesive set. Coffee table fare isn't too out of place on a coffee table or a kitchen shelf. I think it's when they feel obliged to include something even if it isn't very good that it becomes a chore to read.

McDonald's had to recall millions of Shrek glasses because of cadmium in the paint. Also the movies are a little obnoxious.

Dune is a sci-fi.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-12-13 02:49:32)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Got tricked into eating eggplant Parm. Why does that even exist? Why does eggplant even exist? First and last time for everything.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Eggplant parm is actually one of the better ways to eat eggplants. I tried a tofu and eggplant clay pot dish from a local vegan restaurant yesterday and it was not good. The eggplant specifically was so fucking mushy. No thanks!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Eggplant parmesan is great. Eggplant's also nice in some stir fries. Also roasted or grilled. May be an acquired taste for some people.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I am eating this right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteles#Puerto_Rico

Haven't had it in years. I like it though. Have you ever had it before?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard