usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

uber73 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I agree 100%   Kill some idiot from 200 meters = 2 points.   Take out a tank and a person = 2 points?   How does that make sense?
read the rest of the post dude, i continued with:

eg, if u sraw a jeep and kill it, u get 2, one for the driver, and one for the jeep... (edit - 1point for 100% jeep damage)

and to elaborate...

eg, if u hit a tank 2 times, say causing 70% damage and someone else gets the kill, they get the driver kill, +30% damage, your 70% then carried over to the next rocket, so if u then hit for 30% dmg on next tank, u get an attack point...
I read it, but that is too much goddamn math.  2 points for tanks, jeep, heli, plane...etc  and the normal 2 points for the people you kill.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764

Roadhog_Uk wrote:

I think that the person that's done the most damage to an opponent should get the kill points & whoever helps should get the assist.
I agree with uber73 and with this.
skratch-x
+25|6638|NY, USA
Ummm how about you just get 1 kill = 2 combat points for killing someone in a tank, just like killing someone in a HMWV/Vodnik/crazy chinese car, or a chopper, or a plane?  You DO NOT deserve extra points for blowing the tank itself up.  If you're playing AT, it's your job to destroy armor.  Just like if you're assault it's your job to mow down infantry.  You already have the huge advantage of BEING ABLE to destroy armor, while everyone else tries to throw nades at tanks.  Once again, the only problem I see is that you don't get a kill damage assist for hitting APC's and tanks with rockets.  When you're in the air and you hit an enemy aircraft with 1 missile, you get an assist.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane

usmarine2005 wrote:

I read it, but that is too much goddamn math.  2 points for tanks, jeep, heli, plane...etc  and the normal 2 points for the people you kill.
but u understand how repair points work?  its identical idea.

lol, doesnt matter... the EA sphyncters wont be reading this anyway
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

uber73 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

but u understand how repair points work?  its identical idea.

lol, doesnt matter... the EA sphyncters wont be reading this anyway
I agree with you dude.  And no, I do not know how the point system works, because I simply do not care.
[tlv]TDL
+7|6660
Come on! It's not about points for us, it's about making people actually play AT, for too many points do count and they don't play AT because they then get like 10 points (:p) in a whole round.
Are you sniper and assault noobs afraid of someone like a AT guy shall steal your medals? They are the heroes, not you.
FamoUs88
+1|6550
wow just get over and play the game how it is.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

FamoUs88 wrote:

wow just get over and play the game how it is.
We do play the game how it is.....this is a DISCUSSION forum, we are DISCUSSING.
FamoUs88
+1|6550
I understand that, but lets make it relevant.
is there a relevance to the topic your discussing?
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
.....erm
FamoUs88
+1|6550
I mean sure it would be great if that were the case, cuz i like to be AT sometimes.. but its not and whatever not a big deal to me..
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6628|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I love being AT

it's my favorite kit.  I don't have a problem with the point system for it.  True, you often don't get credit for sending 2 rockets into an M1A2 and some dude C4's it and gets the score, but that's part of the game.  Medics don't always get points from people using their medpacks either.  AT is fun because you're such a nuisance to the enemy armor.  It's great to take out vehicles.  If you aim your shots well you can take out two vehicles with one shot.  I've done it.  The reward for the AT'er is, sometimes he will kill 4 guys in a humvee with one shot.  You don't need extra points.  You get them all the time.

Besides, the DAO is the best shotty in the game, bar none.  I will tell you right now, come one on one with me with any other shotty, I will take you down with my DAO.  You can take out 4 guys with it.  and if you use 3 shots, you can hit reload and you plop 3 more shells in.  No cartridges.  So you're always fully loaded.  Fantastic!

although, it's true, there were times I wish AT carried nades...but then again, there were times I wished support had a wrench too.
gunpiss
+19|6683
I agree. In some maps such as Karkand, AT is key for winning. With a bunch of AT to deter the armors,  all infantries will be slaughtered right after spawn.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane

G3|Genius wrote:

Besides, the DAO is the best shotty in the game, bar none.  I will tell you right now, come one on one with me with any other shotty, I will take you down with my DAO.
that sounds like a challenge... ill take u up on that someday... u on DAO, me on pumpyshotty...
Slink
+17|6698

skratch-x wrote:

Ummm how about you just get 1 kill = 2 combat points for killing someone in a tank, just like killing someone in a HMWV/Vodnik/crazy chinese car, or a chopper, or a plane?  You DO NOT deserve extra points for blowing the tank itself up.  If you're playing AT, it's your job to destroy armor.  Just like if you're assault it's your job to mow down infantry.  You already have the huge advantage of BEING ABLE to destroy armor, while everyone else tries to throw nades at tanks.  Once again, the only problem I see is that you don't get a kill damage assist for hitting APC's and tanks with rockets.  When you're in the air and you hit an enemy aircraft with 1 missile, you get an assist.
Lemme first state that I'm impartial.  AT is simply fun to play IMO.

Back to my response to the above, and let me do a bit of search and replace there

I wrote:

If you're playing Medic, it's your job to heal/rez people.  Just like if you're assault it's your job to mow down infantry.  You already have the huge advantage of BEING ABLE to heal yourself and others, while everyone else runs around with five health bars.
Do you see my point here?  A Medic gets extra points for healing people.  A Support gets extra points for refueling people.  An Engineer gets extra points (but not many ) from repairing things.  Assaults/Snipers simply come better equipped to kill things (=more points).  Spec Ops get extra points for detonating commander assets, plus they can kill vehicles (it can be hard, I grant you).  Anti-Tank gets the ability to score one kill in the time an Assault could kill five.  Now, it IS a very fun and teamplay-ish kit, if you like to kill for your team.  But, if ours is to kill tanks, and Med's is to heal, etc. then why SHOULDN'T ATs get extra for taking vehicles down?

I restate, I am impartial towards this thread.  Your logic was just flawed.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

I like AT, like P90 and sniping with SRAW. It was nightmare to me play AT before I realized weak points of each vehicle, so I dont have problem to score best round as AT. All what you need is medic and PKM whore in squad.
Yes, it would be nice to have some extra points, but it is also big pleasure to see how you and your mate are sending whores to hell. I would suggest to give AT bigger sprint or more ammo.
https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/4/60314559.png
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6621|inside the recesses of your...

[tlv]TDL wrote:

Yeah, I think more people would have used the AT class then. Maybe 4 points for taking out an armor.
Armor is a huge asset too.  You get a point for destroying assests as Spec Ops.  You should get at least 3 points for a kill, if not 4. 

And I agree: you should get a point for half damage of armor.

Last edited by URE_DED (2006-05-30 12:27:53)

SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6823|Delaware
They do, it's called a kill damage assist.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6558|83Division.com
I agree with Uber and some of the others.

The anti-tank class is slightly slighted in this game and should definitely receive some kind of numerical reward (in addition to the purely noble warm fuzziness you get from helping your team) for hurting the big metal boxes.  It's not about the points for many of us but for most people it is and because it is if the AT class got more credit for its work more people would choose it and the gameplay would potentially be more balanced.

Roadhog_Uk wrote:

I think that the person that's done the most damage to an opponent should get the kill points & whoever helps should get the assist but hey - we all know the game ain't perfect
What if you and your friend are running down a hill, you are a medic and your friend is an assault. What if your friend shot the enemy down to 2 bars, but then the enemy killed your friend, and you killed the enemy. I don't think that it would be fair that your dead friend should get the kill, especially since you revive him in the end.

I think the game is fine the way it is, but regarding the Anti-Tank matter, I think that if you do half the damage to a tank, APC, helicopter ect. that you should get a "kill damage assist" worth atleast 3-4 points instead of just 1.
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

[
What if you and your friend are running down a hill
hand in hand, skipping and laughing?
whats this hill called?  is it important? can u paint me a picture of it? is this hill important to the scenario?

Roadhog_Uk
Artillery Magnet
+9|6548|Plymouth, England

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

Roadhog_Uk wrote:

I think that the person that's done the most damage to an opponent should get the kill points & whoever helps should get the assist but hey - we all know the game ain't perfect
What if you and your friend are running down a hill, you are a medic and your friend is an assault. What if your friend shot the enemy down to 2 bars, but then the enemy killed your friend, and you killed the enemy. I don't think that it would be fair that your dead friend should get the kill, especially since you revive him in the end.

I think the game is fine the way it is, but regarding the Anti-Tank matter, I think that if you do half the damage to a tank, APC, helicopter ect. that you should get a "kill damage assist" worth atleast 3-4 points instead of just 1.
I was referring to the AT against Tank issue, just didn't make my point very clearly I think that kills against ground troops are ok as they are & I agree with you that the KD Assist points against larger/harder targets should be worth more, it's kinda what I meant really!!
bobroonie.bda
+143|6683

uber73 wrote:

How often have u been AT, fired 2 rockets at a tank, only to see a 3rd whizz in and steal your kill.  U waste 40% of your ammo, expose yourself (oo-er) to the enemy, and get no credit for your effort.  Its the heaviest class, slowest moving, no nades, and its primary weapons are more or less short range.

If support can simply lob ammo bags around and get free team points, shouldnt AT be rewarded more?  I used to swear that the DAO was the best weapon in the game, but the more i use it, the less i feel this. (shotgun rules the land)  To me, these days, AT class feels more of a last ditch class to choose, like if u are penned into your teams last flagzone.. 

If AT was incentivised with team points for armour damage, that would make it a different proposition..
steal your kill? no credit? Its wasnt your kill because you didnt kill him.. there is no such thing as kill stealing. (well if you see a chopper on fire and shoot 1 bullet into it and get the kill, that may be considered kill stealing because the chopper was dead anyway). Be glad the enemy died. Try not worring about points, you help put that tank down thats all that matters. Its the same with every other thing in the game.. sometimes you dont get a kill assist when you think you should have.. I have gotten plenty of kill assists as AT from hitting tanks... People need to start working as a team and not just for score.. This is the main reason the team gets pushed back and beat down.. people are so worried about points and not winning.. points will come in time. The game does not need any more changes. It needs real fixes like why do we all keep crashing..

G3|Genius wrote:

I love being AT

it's my favorite kit.  I don't have a problem with the point system for it.  True, you often don't get credit for sending 2 rockets into an M1A2 and some dude C4's it and gets the score, but that's part of the game.  Medics don't always get points from people using their medpacks either.  AT is fun because you're such a nuisance to the enemy armor.  It's great to take out vehicles.  If you aim your shots well you can take out two vehicles with one shot.  I've done it.  The reward for the AT'er is, sometimes he will kill 4 guys in a humvee with one shot.  You don't need extra points.  You get them all the time.

Besides, the DAO is the best shotty in the game, bar none.  I will tell you right now, come one on one with me with any other shotty, I will take you down with my DAO.  You can take out 4 guys with it.  and if you use 3 shots, you can hit reload and you plop 3 more shells in.  No cartridges.  So you're always fully loaded.  Fantastic!

although, it's true, there were times I wish AT carried nades...but then again, there were times I wished support had a wrench too.
i agree completly

dao / point system

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-06-01 12:07:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard