Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
uziq
Member
+426|2573
as of today, 1 in every 500 americans has died of covid.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840
Unmasked boomer walking around Dunkin Donuts. Gave a big congestion cough right behind me. Glad I was masked up even though the mandate ended.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

That's been annoying since before the pandemic. I don't know that it's just perennial congestion and that you don't have some sort of transmissible disease. Like, cover your mouth and turn away while in line or leering over the produce. And wipe that insulted look off your face. Nobody wants your spittle and phlegm on the back of their neck or on the broccoli, or flying across the local restaurant to land on your $18 lunch.

Not to mention this newer trend of stalker-coughing as a form of harassment, or the "I'm immunizing your babies" shit.

My local donut place has a small lobby, but a drive thru window. I use the drive thru and just tell the donut people to pick whatever for the box, in addition to a few specifics if they have any. Never had complaints about the results.

German bakery, people were still following social distancing like military drill last I went for rye.

Speaking of restaurants, hard to not be affected by the Kitchen Nightmares stuff and social media posts from food workers at some of the grossest kitchens ever. I'll favor the places where you can watch them make it, at the very least.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840
I am pretty sure intentionally coughing on someone is a crime now. Spitting has been a crime for awhile. Have you ever had a nurse inspect your hands and face for open wounds because someone spit on you? Not a fun feeling asking if Hep C is transmittable through salvia.

I don't care to watch someone make my food. I wouldn't want someone watching me work on their car. I would be annoyed if I saw a worker not wear a hair net or hat. I saw one worker make a sandwich with wild hair all over the place. The food came back with hair and I had to return it.

If I don't see you with a hair net:
https://external-preview.redd.it/CUd8PqBW4_Xt1gLeLu1uPUavg24u-0dJ6yCLkPP4cEw.jpg?auto=webp&s=9dc593be97c064d1939f970f76666ee3e1581a72
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5858|Oxferd Ohire
Guy at work who spent 3 weeks at home with covid is scared about the vaccine mandate.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5858|Oxferd Ohire
Went to get a covid test. Only testing sites are pharmacy drive thrus. After getting the site to work I spent 30min in line with no movement. I left with no covid test and pissed off.

Too long of a wait is actually a cancellation reason lol.

Last edited by RTHKI (2021-09-17 10:53:18)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA



Care cup is about empty for people getting scammed when they overshare personal information with fake vax card makers. Still feel bad that they're dumb or uneducated or deeply entrenched in the partisan nonsense enough to fall for any of the stuff in the antivax low-rung Republican denialism sphere of influence. And also for family who knows better, kids, and other innocents they might interact with or intentionally cough at.

None of it of course, diminishing my anger against the misinformation campaigns.

I already know what the takeaway is going to be for some conservative friends I won't bother bringing this stuff up with. "The CDC has created a nightmare! See how vulnerable people are because of these stupid cards! Arrogant Federal Government, rabble rabble!" I don't think my imagination is being stretched all that much either.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840
When can I get my Moderna booster? I got my second dose in April. I am ready.


Also, when boosters are ready but only for old people first.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

One guy brought up how the right's politicization of the coronavirus was dumb and a bad idea. For once, I didn't disagree. Until he warped it into the Democrats-at-fault "this has got to be a superweapon stuff and we need to admit it," er. Yeah just because I agree with your first point doesn't mean I'm going to cheat at connect-the-dots and agree with your second. It wouldn't have worked on me if you segued from countermeasures hesitancy into CRT either.

I really don't understand the reasoning. Was I really supposed to have been tricked into agreeing with a point he was obfuscating under the cover of the first? Like, "haha, I was talking about Chinese bioweapons and Democrat conspiracies all along, no take-backs!" wtf.

"Point 2: not really relevant." "Oh, is that what you think? It's totally relevant!"

Do I need a C&D or something?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840
It is plausible the Chinese accidentally let COVID escape from a lab. But a bioweapon? Nah. The American right wing could have segued this thing into some broad global anti-China movement but instead they followed Trump into the denial abyss. Another missed opportunity. The "blame China" ship sailed awhile ago.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+426|2573
the controversial research to force mutations in highly dangerous viruses (gain-of-function research) has been partially funded by the US. even if it does take place in places with conveniently lax standards about research ethics like wuhan. that's a pretty unpalatable fact about the 'china lab leak' theory.

This body did give money to an organisation that collaborated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

That organisation - the US-based EcoHealth Alliance - was awarded a grant in 2014 to look into possible coronaviruses from bats.

EcoHealth received $3.7m from the NIH, $600,000 of which was given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In 2019, its project was renewed for another five years, but then pulled by the Trump administration in April 2020 following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/09/cov … -research/

if i recall correctly, fauci did move to deny that this funding and collaboration went specifically to 'gain-of-function' research, but it seemed more like a semantics argument than a substantive rejection. whoops. the idea that evil china is developing 'biological superweapons' and intentionally infecting the world is pretty dumb when you consider the actual nature of modern collaborative research. there's US research investment in the wuhan lab.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-20 06:48:55)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840

uziq wrote:

the controversial research to force mutations in highly dangerous viruses (gain-of-function research) has been partially funded by the US. even if it does take place in places with conveniently lax standards about research ethics like wuhan. that's a pretty unpalatable fact about the 'china lab leak' theory.

This body did give money to an organisation that collaborated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

That organisation - the US-based EcoHealth Alliance - was awarded a grant in 2014 to look into possible coronaviruses from bats.

EcoHealth received $3.7m from the NIH, $600,000 of which was given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In 2019, its project was renewed for another five years, but then pulled by the Trump administration in April 2020 following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/09/cov … -research/

if i recall correctly, fauci did move to deny that this funding and collaboration went specifically to 'gain-of-function' research, but it seemed more like a semantics argument than a substantive rejection. whoops. the idea that evil china is developing 'biological superweapons' and intentionally infecting the world is pretty dumb when you consider the actual nature of modern collaborative research. there's US research investment in the wuhan lab.
The U.S. investment in Wuhan's lab is the connection to blaming democrats that makes the story inconvenient to a lot.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway. The Chinese didn't force us to make all of the poor decisions we did. We have/had everything we need to successfully end the pandemic. Like most things afflicting this haunted country, solving the issue is more a matter of willpower than hard science.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

https://i.imgur.com/FA8JYQ3.jpg
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bre … 15633.html

They found us out, Mac. Quick, what's the backup plan?

Some perhaps evil, poetic justice in seeing red states get hit so hard after people in the Trump administration practically rubbed their hands together in glee at the prospect of blue population centers dying out.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/FA8JYQ3.jpg
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bre … 15633.html

They found us out, Mac. Quick, what's the backup plan?

Some perhaps evil, poetic justice in seeing red states get hit so hard after people in the Trump administration practically rubbed their hands together in glee at the prospect of blue population centers dying out.
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

This is the article.
The organized left is deliberately putting unvaccinated Trump supporters in an impossible position where they can either NOT get a life-saving vaccine or CAN feel like cucks caving to the ugliest, smuggest bullies in the world.
In other words, I sincerely believe the organized left is doing everything in its power to convince Trump supporters NOT to get the life-saving Trump vaccine.

I’m sorry, but people willing to drone strike seven children and who are eager to unleash terrorists like Antifa and Black Lives Matter into our cities are sociopaths. The left’s morality is guided only by that which furthers their fascist agenda, and so using reverse psychology to trick Trump supporters NOT to get a life-saving vaccine is, to them, a moral good. The more of us who die, the better.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 … esnt-work/

I would say "I don't even care about you people" but the truth is I need just one more year of work from home.
https://leafly-cms-production.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/03150830/Dope-State-author-star.jpg
Please get vaccinated.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,927|5753|949

This is Breitbarts way of telling their supporters to get vaccinated.
First you didn't wear a mask to own the libs.

Then you didn't get the vaccine to own the libs.

Then you got covid to own the libs.

Then some people died to own the libs.

Now you need to get the vaccine to own the libs.

It's all very coherent and compos mentis
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is the article.
The organized left is deliberately putting unvaccinated Trump supporters in an impossible position where they can either NOT get a life-saving vaccine or CAN feel like cucks caving to the ugliest, smuggest bullies in the world.
In other words, I sincerely believe the organized left is doing everything in its power to convince Trump supporters NOT to get the life-saving Trump vaccine.

I’m sorry, but people willing to drone strike seven children and who are eager to unleash terrorists like Antifa and Black Lives Matter into our cities are sociopaths. The left’s morality is guided only by that which furthers their fascist agenda, and so using reverse psychology to trick Trump supporters NOT to get a life-saving vaccine is, to them, a moral good. The more of us who die, the better.
Reads like something out of The Onion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,756|5227|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is the article.
The organized left is deliberately putting unvaccinated Trump supporters in an impossible position where they can either NOT get a life-saving vaccine or CAN feel like cucks caving to the ugliest, smuggest bullies in the world.
Wow, I never expected infantile oppositional defiance disorder to take out a complete sector of society.

Someone should have used my slogan "I'm sticking one to the libs", literally better than anything Salman Rushdie could have come up with.
#Freed Britney !
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840

Good lord. This is why I don't take pleasure in the death of people to this disease. Aside from having older loved ones, this thing can take out healthy young people. Yeah, I have a low chance of dying from COVID. But eventually something random takes everyone out. It might just be COVID.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

repost from social media:


New Florida Surgeon General Appeared at Demon-Sperm COVID Conspiracy Summit With Future Capitol Rioter
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 … tions.html

Florida’s new surgeon general issues rule ending required school quarantines, says parents will decide
https://outline.com/Y24jvg

How 'America's Frontline Doctors' Sold Access to Bogus COVID-19 Treatments—and Left Patients in the Lurch
https://time.com/6092368/americas-front … formation/

Quick, mobilize everyone's grandparents to bail out the economy.
uziq
Member
+426|2573

SuperJail Warden wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfrBLQIVCs
Good lord. This is why I don't take pleasure in the death of people to this disease. Aside from having older loved ones, this thing can take out healthy young people. Yeah, I have a low chance of dying from COVID. But eventually something random takes everyone out. It might just be COVID.
didn't have access to 'good information like a whole lot of people from my generation'? i'm genuinely saddened that this young father just darwin awarded himself, but really ... of all the demographics to be duped by online misinformation and conspiracy bullshit, gen-z and millennial are not it. this guy went all out for a stupid prize and got one.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,937|5892|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfrBLQIVCs
Good lord. This is why I don't take pleasure in the death of people to this disease. Aside from having older loved ones, this thing can take out healthy young people. Yeah, I have a low chance of dying from COVID. But eventually something random takes everyone out. It might just be COVID.
"I didn't have access to proper information," as if the proper information wasn't freely available. So frustrating. Am I to believe that the only thing he ever heard was that the vaccines had microchips? Nobody ever called that out that he could recall? #*&

I would say that not everything a dying person says is going to make sense (denial they were in the wrong, blame-shifting), but these were the senseless positions he took before he contracted the virus: soaking it up at the fountain of easily-debunked, should-be-held-accountable misinformation.

There are political comics about this cycle. Somewhere, another guy on his recliner is watching this confession and going "aw hell nah, ain't getting that shit in my arm," weeks before he too will be interviewed like this.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,756|5227|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"I didn't have access to proper information," as if the proper information wasn't freely available.
Probably been told 100s of times, tv ads, newpaper, internet, flyers etc.

Isn't that a meme of some sort?
#Freed Britney !
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5858|Oxferd Ohire
Turns out while my symptoms pointed to stress/anxiety it was likely covid. Still not back to normal. Haven't exercised in 4 weeks and kinda pissed.
Doctor checkup and blood test were all good. Fun $200 spent cause of these cunts
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+508|2840

RTHKI wrote:

Turns out while my symptoms pointed to stress/anxiety it was likely covid. Still not back to normal. Haven't exercised in 4 weeks and kinda pissed.
Doctor checkup and blood test were all good. Fun $200 spent cause of these cunts
Please get better. Also the fact that you need medical check ups for work related stress is also not good.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5858|Oxferd Ohire
The checkup was cause my symptoms were stagnant for a week. I didn't really think it was stress or anxiety but just took it easy like they said.  Docs didn't think it was covid cause vaccinated and I wasn't really near the people who got it. And haven't really gone out.

I hate our healthcare system.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard