fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6460|Menlo Park, CA

Bubbalo wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

I am surprised that the whole "kill 'em off" idea keeps surfacing.
Why not?  It seems to be the catch all response to Muslims, immigrants, crime and idiocy.  Why not disability?
Where is your evidence that people are wanting to "kill off muslims, immigrants,. . ." ? ?

It seems to me that the muslims are the ones trying to kill off people (eh hemm. . .Jews/State of Israel)!

Moreover, spending money on someone who is obviously mentally incapacitated is pointless and selfish.  Use that money to better a kid who needs books for school, and pencils to write with.  You know how much money the Shaivo family spent to keep their brain dead daughter alive??? I can tell you it was in the hundred thousand range +!! I know that you could feed a family of 5 on that for months, and provide clothes, school supplies etc. for all the kids too!!! What did it get Terry in the end?? She fucking died of starvation in the hospital. . . .thats a nice way to go!! Nice work Shaivo fam, you sure did your daughter and the people of Florida a great service. . . .

What kind of society values spending money on an incapacitated retard who is brain dead, over a poor kid(s) who could use that money who aren't incapacitated (to better his/her life)?  Its wrong. . . its not fair, and its just the way this fucked up world works. . .
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
Ok Stevo... do I have to point you to that map again so you can see who wants to annihilate who in Palestine?

As far as the rest about the handicaped kids goes... if nobody answered your post would you get the point?

Last edited by oug (2006-10-28 04:32:23)

ƒ³
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6460|Menlo Park, CA
Enough with the "poor Palestinians" sob story. . .

They deserve their own state, but they wreeped what they sowed with Yasser Arafat for 30+ years as their leader. . . . Honestly, what do you expect the Jews to do when they are surrounded by enemies??? Sit there and get buttfucked with suicide bombs and other various terror attacks?? No, they are going to fight fire with fire. . . I have no sympathy for the Palestinian government, only for the innocent people who are just trying to live day to day.

As far as the tards go. . . .you know I'm right, even though I may be blunt and insensitive!!!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
Yep, those Palestinians certainly do wreep....................

Israel really needs to get a spokesperson on these boards who can spell and who isn't an idiot.....................
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Hey, I thought that was me! What are you saying?
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I can be arsed to read all 8 pages of it but I think that society can be judged by how they treat Mentaly ill or Physicaly disabled people. Not by how economicaly or military the society is advanced but moraly.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

ATG wrote:

What are you saying?
You're pro everything involving tanks and the Middle East.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
No, artillery, Air power and ballistic missle will do the job nicely.

Seriously.
There is a case to be made for the abort them idea, but the cost to humanity in loss of humanity is too high a price to pay.

Some mentally handicapped people work for a living.
I know one thing, people underestimate the will and desire to live. The "retards" would vote to have the life they have rather than no life.

I vote no forced policy whatsoever. This is a families personal matter.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
They add a sense of motivation and confidence to society. When you look at some of these amazing things that they shouldn't be able to do, yet they still do it, it makes you feel as if you could accomplish the goals that always seemed impossible.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6460|Menlo Park, CA

Bubbalo wrote:

Yep, those Palestinians certainly do wreep....................

Israel really needs to get a spokesperson on these boards who can spell and who isn't an idiot.....................
They certainly do!

And I dont go blindly supporting Israel, they have their problems too. . . They mistreat the Palestinians we all know that.  But at least they (Israel) are trying to reach some sort of an agreement between the two parties.  All the Palestinians want to do is continue to blow up innocents, and make a sob story for the international community.  An international community that is anti-semetic might I add. . . .

Bottom line, the Palestinians have had every opportunity to get their act together.  They continue to resist the Israeli's and support hardline anti-Israeli government leaders.  Again, what do you expect the Israeli's to do, when they know all the Palestinians want to do is smear Israel and their government. 

Its a pretty sad state of affairs over there. . . .
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Thomas Creighton, who spoke to investigators, told The Post he spent 11th and 12th grades drunk or stoned, rarely attended classes and did no homework his senior year. Finally, the school gave him “a few worksheets” to complete in a week. He had a pal fill them in, and received a diploma six months early.

Upset about his quick dismissal, Creighton’s parents asked to see his classwork. The school had nothing to show, but insisted he had earned a passing 65 in all classes.

“I was looking for some school authority to push back and let him know that there were consequences to his actions,” said his mother, Annmarie. “But nothing happened.”
How about some parent accountability?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I found this thread while searching "parents" to complain about parents. I am glad to have found it. Really amazing stuff. Really hope some of these people matured.

Textbook section from a book on Intellectual Disabilities I have in front of me.

“In certain cases the ultimate impact of a disability condition can be reduced substantially with early treatment or intervention...Advances in medical science and health care techniques during the past decade have had a significant impact on the field of intellectual disabilities. One area in which dramatic developments have occurred involves prenatal assessments and detection of intellectual disabilities that have resulted. Such very early assessments are now considered essential to monitoring fetal status.”
Imagine someone wanting to euthanatize you because your mom couldn't afford a copay for prenatal care. Imagine never feeling the love of a woman because your governor refused to expand Medicaid and you came out severely disabled.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Thread is awesome

Relevant:

Proper parenting would fix the majority of autistic kids.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/ … /100476422

Anecdotally the parents of most autistic kids seem to be dumb, fat and self-absorbed.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I have heard from people who have been in this a long time that the parents of these kids are usually "off" too.

Funny when you see someone with severe issues chatting up an unsuspecting girl. No clue the guy has intermittent explosive disorder,
and an IQ of 75.
uziq
+492|3422
the internet really was a different place 15 years ago.

amazing that people get upset over over-conscientious gen-z'ers and their fussy pronouns ... when the internet culture that prevailed in the last generation was a bunch of doomy edgelords, reeking of Axe body-spray, talking about 'getting rid of the retards because evolution hates weakness'.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I like how the theme ("but it's not the theme, I swear!" -op) was what do they contribute to society, as if some of the jobs worked at by the mentally handicapped are somehow less important or useful than some of the stuff people here were up to.

Somewhat similar to how I said it those years ago (although I can put more force behind it), the nice person trying their best and still doing a bang-up job of bagging my groceries performs a more important service to me than some nitwit ripping off mechanic shop customers or whatever. Unironically hoping the guy who remembered to put the eggs on top of the heap has a nice day as well.

Not to mention that this is a rather stereotypical role for the spectrum; much more "regarded-as-successful" roles for people: https://www.trade-schools.net/articles/ … tic-people

Not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to people with mental issues still functioning in everyday society.

Internet is still full of cringe. Not long ago, people were all like "we need a new plague" whenever someone posted a gender reveal fail. File under "things that aged well." Also, mental handicaps, as a form of insult, definitely not relegated to history. Probably in poor taste.

e:
It would be super interesting to see some of these users come back and dig through the mud of their old comments and tell is if they think that way (i.e., KJ's animosity towards Amy Winehouse thread). Finding old posts of yours is sometimes like airing out dirty laundry.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-09-22 01:14:17)

uziq
+492|3422
i chatted a whole lot of vituperative, hostile, scorching-heat shit back in the day. but it was mostly verbal jousting and all for sport. i can sure as hell say with a hand on breast that i've never thought 'retards should be exterminated'. that's just crazy levels of toxicity.

and bf2s wasn't exactly a 'dark' or exceptional place back then. that was just the tenor of internet chat in general. lord knows i sentimentalize the pre-social media era, where people could conduct themselves behind a virtual, 'teh matr!x' style avatar, but a total lack of accountability or personal tie really, genuinely did lead to some toxic motherfuckers, eh?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Exactly. I don't think BF2S was particularly dark. Mostly very tame stuff by internet standards. Biggest question usually "is this guy trolling or not?" I'm sure the vast majority of it was in the spirit of whatever various blusters were in style. There are some people though, of questionable capability themselves, who put it out quite literally.

I don't think having your real name and other personal stuff attached to your account/handle has stopped a lot of people from making stupid/toxic commentary, though. The people who keep that shit to themselves and off their facebook page probably have a few more folds on the surface of their brain than those who put their jobs and reputations on the line just to make some offhanded comment about womenfolk.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Exactly. I don't think BF2S was particularly dark. Mostly very tame stuff by internet standards. Biggest question usually "is this guy trolling or not?" I'm sure the vast majority of it was in the spirit of whatever various blusters were in style. There are some people though, of questionable capability themselves, who put it out quite literally.

I don't think having your real name and other personal stuff attached to your account/handle has stopped a lot of people from making stupid/toxic commentary, though. The people who keep that shit to themselves and off their facebook page probably have a few more folds on the surface of their brain than those who put their jobs and reputations on the line just to make some offhanded comment about womenfolk.
Nothing good ever comes of posting politics to Facebook. My Facebook is mostly list of accomplishment, vacation pictures, gardening pictures, pictures of animals I saw, pictures of books etc. Going by my Facebook you would probably have no idea my political views though since I am not white people probably expect I am not a Republican which is fine by me.

A lot of people on Reddit complain about how "people only post to Facebook to brag". Totally am one of those people. But which is worse? Forcing my political views on everyone or keeping things happy and light?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Some boomers got into that stuff before it occurred to them that maybe they and their internet opinions should remain anonymous. Silly handles are for silly millennials. If you or a boomer you know is posting on news comments with their FIRST and LAST, etc. etc.

If people post on facebook to brag, what exactly are people posting on reddit for that's so different? It looks like just as much as an upvote shitshow.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Reddit is great for niche hobbies and following (disaster) events.

I don't like calling people losers because if the the ball bounced a little differently yadda yadda but I assume a lot of people complaining about facebook bragging are bitter or don't have a lot going for them. I get it. I felt that in my early 20's too. But at some point in life you need to suck it up and realize that other people don't have a responsibility to be miserable because you are miserable. Again, I acknowledge my privilege.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard