uziq
+492|3422

War Man wrote:

Enjoyment of rapid firing a weapon at a range to feel better, considering we live in a depressing world. I think that is a public good.
your way of alleviating depression and boredom is to ... fire lots of bullets very rapidly? a 'public good'? LMAO.

maybe read a book mate?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The whole crux of the case rest on "what counts as a pull of a trigger?" Two thoughts about this: (1) the people who made the original law making it hard for people to get automictic firearms clearly intended to prevent automatic firearms from becoming commonplace. This special trigger violates the spirit of the law at a minimum. (2) What public good is this trigger serving?
Its within the letter of the law, spirit of the law doesn't matter, it doesn't make a firearm 'fully automatic', so bad luck to the BATF.

Public good is it will be useful when the British invade.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

your way of alleviating depression and boredom is to ... fire lots of bullets very rapidly? a 'public good'? LMAO.

maybe read a book mate?
You spend your spare time taking illegal drugs, hush son.
uziq
+492|3422
i haven’t taken an illegal drug in over 2 years.

and going to dance parties is a lot more fun and social than getting a hard-on over guns. not that you’d understand. you’re a fully automatic cuck.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Wow 2 years, thats amazing

uziq
+492|3422
i partied and took drugs in my 20s, like a lot of other people. and, like most of other people, i have no regrets.

had a great time. many great parties. many great friends. many great girls. 9/10 would do again.

meanwhile you're really one of the biggest losers imaginable.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But instead of taking illegal drugs and partying with other drug-fucked morons why couldn't you have, you know, read a book?
uziq
+492|3422
i've read 1000s of books in my 20s. i'm probably the most well-read person in my circle. i think you're really pursuing a pretty fatuous line of argument there.

you're really arraigning a fucking books editor for not reading enough?

drug-taking is pretty much generalized across every facet of society. people take drugs. i don't know why this always surprises you so much, or why you always expect some trite hollywood-movie ending involving comeuppance. it doesn't work that way. people from every economic tier, every demographic bracket, take drugs in one form or another. including successful people! gosh golly!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

drug-taking is pretty much generalized across every facet of society.
Erm no it isn't, its a perverted minority

Sorry that your behaviour isn't normal
uziq
+492|3422
i didn't say it was a majority behaviour, did i? target-shooting is for a tiny nerdy minority as well. are you 'abnormal'?

i said it was generalized, meaning it's not only for no-hopers, morons and losers as you make out. lawyers take drugs. publishers take drugs. your heroic world-leading engineering supermen like elon musk take drugs. get over it you little child.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK so you're using a definition you've made up yourself - isn't that what children do?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
involving or relating to most or all people, things, or places, especially when these are considered as a unit:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio … sh/general

Seems like you're still at beginner level english
uziq
+492|3422
'generalized behaviour' means something evident amongst all groups, which is the usage i made clear from the context of my remarks. i literally subtended another clause about economic groups and social demographics: general as in not specific to an underclass or criminal class, not general as in 'all people do it'. dum dum.

do you really want to devolve into pedantry and 'what about the hasids'? is this how you prosecute an argument? you're losing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No it doesn't, go and look it up.

"generalized across every facet of society" You keep trying to say everyone everywhere takes drugs to justify and normalise your own aberrant behaviour.

And lets face it its mostly plebs who make up the numbers.
uziq
+492|3422
do you really not understand what i'm saying, in response to your underclass/morons/losers comments, when i say drug taking is 'generalized across every facet of society'? you didn't understand what i meant by that, that 'respectable' types as well as 'losers' take drugs? really dilbert?

thanks for wasting everyone's time, as per usual. i'm glad to have gotten precisely nowhere with you in yet another edifying exchange.

And lets face it its mostly plebs who make up the numbers.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 … rer-people

The report, compiled by the Social Metrics Commission, compared the circumstances of those living above and below the poverty line. It found two-thirds (66%) of those who are comparatively better off have drunk to excess in the last year, compared with just 58% of the most deprived. It also found 22% had taken illegal drugs, 9% higher than less well-off people.
amazing, isn't it? there's a ready-made guardian article to rebut all of your scientifically illiterate, socially prejudicious, and inanely racist views. and 22% of the middle-class (admitting) to taking illegal drugs: ehhhm hardly a 'perverted minority', is it?

maybe go read a book? the cambridge dictionary is a pretty long slog.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 02:56:36)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So 22% of people above the poverty line have taken illegal drugs, thats hardly "generalized across every facet of society"

London’s mayor said recreational drug use was not a “victimless crime” and he had seen evidence from authorities of a clear link between cocaine consumption and rising violence in the capital.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 … nife-crime

Maybe you should put your selfishness aside and accept what you are doing is wrong and harms people?

I was being facetious obviously.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-09-02 02:58:11)

uziq
+492|3422
There was no change in overall drug use and Class A drug use in the last year:

An estimated 1 in 11 adults aged 16 to 59 years had taken a drug in the last year (9.4%; approximately 3.2 million people); this is the same as the year ending March 2019 but an increase from 8.6% in the year ending March 2010.
Around one in five adults aged 16 to 24 years had taken a drug in the last year (21%; approximately 1.3 million people); this was similar to the previous year (20.3%)
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … gmarch2020

w o w ... it's almost exactly as i said. many people take drugs and not all of them are losers who end up handwringing in a cardboard box somewhere. lots and lots of successful, humdrum, everyday middle-class professionals take drugs and lead perfectly ordinary lives. time to move on.

and i specifically said that i partied in my 20s, like many others, and have no real regrets. considering 1 in 5 people aged between 16 and 24 admit to have taken a class A drug in the last year, i'd hardly say it was some aberrant, way-out scandalous behaviour. i really don't think you understand young people ... quelle surprise!

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 03:01:36)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Right so "everyone takes drugs all the time" is now "one in five took drugs in the last year", while curiously four in five managed to have a good time without taking drugs.

You're frantically trying to normalise your weird and selfish behaviour, its not working
uziq
+492|3422
my point was that it's not morons and losers who take drugs. in fact, as per the same survey, the trend for drug use in young people was concentrated in middle-class, high-earning, cosmopolitan types. i would hardly say that's the picture you portray, is it? 'drug-fucked morons'? lol.

drug use is prevalent throughout every group in society. is 'prevalent' better than 'generalized'? and for 1 in 5 to partake in any activity IS a 'prevalence'. i doubt 1 in 5 people have even been on a bicycle or a swim in the last year. are those 'aberrant' activities? i wonder how many people 'managed to have a good time' without shooting a fully automatic weapon? what do you reckon the rates are, in comparison to drug consumption? haha.

weird and selfish behaviour. imagine finding pill-taking or pot-smoking 'weird' in 2021. LMAO. you sheltered little grub.

Last edited by uziq (2021-09-02 03:32:42)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No I don't think prevalent really works either.

Erm yes, if you're contributing to violent crime and in a minority who can't have a good time without then yes taking drugs is weird and selfish behaviour.
uziq
+492|3422
who said they can't have a good time without taking drugs? you are talking nonsense.

contributing to violent crime ... you say in defence of the weirdos who like to own fully automatic weapons. L O L
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The whole crux of the case rest on "what counts as a pull of a trigger?" Two thoughts about this: (1) the people who made the original law making it hard for people to get automictic firearms clearly intended to prevent automatic firearms from becoming commonplace. This special trigger violates the spirit of the law at a minimum. (2) What public good is this trigger serving?
Its within the letter of the law, spirit of the law doesn't matter, it doesn't make a firearm 'fully automatic', so bad luck to the BATF.

Public good is it will be useful when the British invade.
There's a niche industry for finding workarounds to get what you want on your gun that would normally be illegal. After seeing videos of it, this mod should probably be added to the list of things that aren't allowed even if that makes the gun people unhappy.

I don't know the full details about the case or communications leading up to it, but starting off with threats of huge fines and jailtime seemed excessive and will probably make the ATF look dumb if they lose or have to settle.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Looking at the video, its not really a 'forced reset' semi-auto trigger, its basically a full-auto trigger.
So yeah the BATF are going to get them.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

who said they can't have a good time without taking drugs? you are talking nonsense.
So why do they do it?

contributing to violent crime ... you say in defence of the weirdos who like to own fully automatic weapons. L O L
A gun sitting in a safe doesn't actually commit a crime, you buying drugs lead directly to people being killed, but being a selfish creep you don't care.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I guess to what extent the ATF pisses off or the company backs down depends on how much the mod fits into whatever "legal definition of" loophole that made them decide to manufacture the thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard