nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Okay. So I use a credit card through Paypal, and if I get ripped off, call the company and tell them to cancel the transaction?

Should I call them to make sure they will do this?

(Thanks again for the help. Karma again tomorrow.)
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas

SenorToenails wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Even if it is some random buyer on Ebay?
Well, you pay with a credit card through paypal.  If paypal wouldn't help, I would call my credit card company and let them fight it for me.
But this is a five dollar item... I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want a story, I bought a XFX 7900 GTX off of Ebay for ~$300. A registered mail package came to me a week later. (With registered you have to sign for it when you get it and when you sign you are saying you got everything that you ordered. I didn't sign.) Too bad it was thin as paper and didn't weigh anything. I took it to the postmaster and had him open to show what I already figured, it was empty. So, I filed a report with Paypal and Ebay and got my money back. Not too much hassle.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Okay. So I use a credit card through Paypal, and if I get ripped off, call the company and tell them to cancel the transaction?
And file a report with Paypal and Ebay.

Wouldn't hurt to call.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-02-10 01:03:50)

Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
they'll tell you to contact paypal first.  paypal will jerk you off, then you go to your company.  but 99% of the time you will be fine.  Ebay didn't get so big by screwing over customers.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-02-10 01:03:15)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Reciprocity wrote:

they'll tell you to contact paypal first.  paypal will jerk you off, then you go to your company.  but 99% of the time you will be fine.  Ebay didn't get so big by screwing over companies.
No, they got big by screwing customers.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

.Sup wrote:

No, they got big by screwing customers.
yeah, I fixed it when I saw what I typed.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Even if it is some random buyer on Ebay?
Well, you pay with a credit card through paypal.  If paypal wouldn't help, I would call my credit card company and let them fight it for me.
But this is a five dollar item... I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want a story, I bought a XFX 7900 GTX off of Ebay for ~$300. A registered mail package came to me a week later. (With registered you have to sign for it when you get it and when you sign you are saying you got everything that you ordered. I didn't sign.) Too bad it was thin as paper and didn't weigh anything. I took it to the postmaster and had him open to show what I already figured, it was empty. So, I filed a report with Paypal and Ebay and got my money back. Not too much hassle.

nukchebi0 wrote:

And file a report with Paypal and Ebay.

Wouldn't hurt to call.
The price is going to go up when the auction starts, so it will probably be more than $5.00

Okay, thanks for everything else though. I'm pretty sure the guy isn't going to rip me off, because he just sold his motherboard and the someone gave it positive feedback. But I don't trust others, so its nice to know I have insurance.

they'll tell you to contact paypal first.  paypal will jerk you off, then you go to your company.  but 99% of the time you will be fine.  Ebay didn't get so big by screwing over customers.
Okay, thanks too.

One more question concerning this. How does either paypal or the company verify that you were ripped off?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
Always remember on Ebay, Shop Victoriously.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

nukchebi0 wrote:

The price is going to go up when the auction starts, so it will probably be more than $5.00
The action has already started, but I didn't check how much time was remaining.

One more question concerning this. How does either paypal or the company verify that you were ripped off?
Not much more then you tell them, "Hey! I didn't get my stuff!".
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

nukchebi0 wrote:

Okay, thanks too.

It varies.  Chances are, you have nothing to worry about. 

But, for example:  If you paid to have it arrive Priority Mail, and it doesn't show up after like 2 weeks with no contact from the seller, then I would file a complaint with PayPal.  If that didn't work, I would call my credit card company.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

The action has already started, but I didn't check how much time was remaining.

Not much more then you tell them, "Hey! I didn't get my stuff!".
Doesn't that make it really easy to defraud the companies?

SenorToenails wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Okay, thanks too.

It varies.  Chances are, you have nothing to worry about. 

But, for example:  If you paid to have it arrive Priority Mail, and it doesn't show up after like 2 weeks with no contact from the seller, then I would file a complaint with PayPal.  If that didn't work, I would call my credit card company.
Thanks again.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-02-10 01:18:51)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Well, if your doing it every other week they'll probably catch your scheme. Evidence helps, like how I went to the postmaster and got him to open my registered mail and verify that there was, indeed, nothing in the envelope.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

nukchebi0 wrote:

That is why there is an investigation.  It takes some time.  I don't know how much though.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I'll make sure if that happens to have a verified account of whoever delivered the product as to its absence of content.

I am beginning to learn proof is key for getting your way.

I can handle it taking time, since I have no sources of economic drain, and thus not much need for my money to pay something.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
One more question.

Does the seller reserve the right to cancel the transaction if they feel they did not get enough for their item?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So I am moving soon. Getting rid of stuff. So much stuff to liquidate. Anyone here have a lot of experience with selling on Ebay? How about selling on Facebook marketplace? I am interested in FB marketplace to get around the annoyance of having to ship stuff.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Meeting people face to face to sell stuff sucks so much that platforms were built to make sure that never happens. Take advantage of it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
That's true. I was hoping the people would just come by and hand me the money by the door.
https://st4.depositphotos.com/1252160/21302/i/1600/depositphotos_213027344-stock-photo-closeup-scary-hand-emerging-open.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
They will but you'll also haggle with fb marketplace. ebay you can avoid haggling somewhat
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Okay, Ebay it is. I decided to just sell off all of my spare parts and such. I am moving. No space for the stuff and now is a good time to sell old PC parts.

This is what I plan to sell:

GPUs:

RTX 2060
1030 GT 2GB
AMD 380 2GB
AMD 7790 2G

I am very confident I can recoup at least half of what I paid for the RTX 3080 just getting rid of those things.

----
CPUs to sell. Not exactly sure what they are.
FX 4xxx
FX 4xxx
Intel 2xxx
----

Misc:
One Antec 1200 case, Anyone have any idea what to price this at?
One partially deconstructed IBUYPOWER PC. It might be a good idea to throw in a spare SSD I have and one of those older video cards and sell the thing as a whole unit. I will be happy if someone came and took it all off my hands for $100.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I know it's tempting to cash in on your 2060, but you just got your 3080. What happens if it borks and you have to wait through an RMA period? I would say at least keep the 2060, or one of the other cards around as a spare.

e: Off the top of my head, 80 bucks for the used Antec. Old case, connectors might not all work right with newer hardware, I dunno. See what other people are selling it for.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-07-31 16:02:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard